BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

7 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Rumour seems to have come from a pretty unreliable Twitter account in fairness.

Side note: How can anyone know what a club is about to bid. Not only is he claiming to have an inside ear to the Bristol Rovers boardroom. He is acting like he has an inside line to the Rovers boardroom as well.

Could maybe partially be wide-eyed if he'd said we had bid that sum. But the way he says "are prepared to bid in the region". Sorry. No.
Don't believe it.

Gaz.png

Not the link I saw! But it seems to be spreading

Ellis Harrison does not seem to be a championship calibre player from a look of his stats and other transfer rumours.  He had a relatively good year last year but only scored 12 league goals.  He hasn't offered a lot in other seasons and the only other club I could see that was interested in him was Plymouth. 

One to avoid in my opinion.

Edited by CambridgeRover

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Not the link I saw! But it seems to be spreading

Tbf that's how rumours work

I don't remember him at all from either game last season

Edited by Oldgregg86

Scored the first goal against us at Ewood, very well taken goal. 

In in other news I’d like to see us make a move for Alex Mowatt, fits the bill of a Mowbray type project, highly regarded has then went off the boil but young and a point to prove. 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Scored the first goal against us at Ewood, very well taken goal. 

In in other news I’d like to see us make a move for Alex Mowatt, fits the bill of a Mowbray type project, highly regarded has then went off the boil but young and a point to prove. 

In a position we are well stocked.

• Like 2

Haha I was gonna say he scored at Ewood.

Mowbrays mentioned before about moving away from signing players who have had good games against his teams, its not an efficient way of going about things. I think he said Gladwin impressed him once and look at how that turned out.

You need to look in more detail and im not sure Harrisons record suggests he will have the same impact as say re signing Armstrong would.

7 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Yeah because if you don't remember him he mustn't have .. he scored a decent goal against us ...

42 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

At Ewood scored a very good goal and looked like he had genuine pace. He really impressed but every player can have one good game in him.

Dont remember the goal but watched it back. Good goal..also watch most of his goals from last season and he shows pacey and finishing

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbrays mentioned before about moving away from signing players who have had good games against his teams, its not an efficient way of going about things. I think he said Gladwin impressed him once and look at how that turned out.

You need to look in more detail and im not sure Harrisons record suggests he will have the same impact as say re signing Armstrong would.

Did Mowbray say that? 

So because of Gladwin he said he won't sign players who played well against his teams. That would be a strange policy. 

So you have a link to these quotes? I really don't recall him saying that. I remember people on here saying it alright 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont remember the goal but watched it back. Good goal..also watch most of his goals from last season and he shows pacey and finishing

Any player looks good on a showreel chaddy.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did Mowbray say that? 

So because of Gladwin he said he won't sign players who played well against his teams. That would be a strange policy. 

So you have a link to these quotes? I really don't recall him saying that. I remember people on here saying it alright 

He said that he wanted to overhaul the scouting network, to have a far more in depth view of the players hes bringing in. A few of the players he brought in last summer, he referenced as having good games against his sides in the past.

I didnt even nearly say that he wont sign players who play well against him because of Gladwins failures so please dont take my quotes out of context or misquote me.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He said that he wanted to overhaul the scouting network, to have a far more in depth view of the players hes bringing in. A few of the players he brought in last summer, he referenced as having good games against his sides in the past.

I didnt even nearly say that he wont sign players who play well against him because of Gladwins failures so please dont take my quotes out of context or misquote me.

Not misquoting anything, you said what you said! See below 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

My showreel shows me curling one round an England u-21 keeper and off the post.

Only there weren't any cameras

And showreels weren't invented for another 30 years...?

1 hour ago, philipl said:

My showreel shows me curling one round an England u-21 keeper and off the post.

Only there weren't any cameras

And showreels weren't invented for another 30 years...?

Was that Sir Roger?