BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Please explain how he is another Samuel? What similarities do you actually think there are between the 2? I think they're different completely personally

The source proves that the debate is almost certainly hypothetical and irrelevant, but out of interest, how good is he, how often have you seen him, what would he offer etc?

• Backroom

He looks to be a logical sort of squad player, young, pacey and potential for goals. Wouldn’t be adverse to it myself if he wasn’t the main man.

Edit - sorry I thought he was younger 

Edited by Tom

58 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Please explain how he is another Samuel? What similarities do you actually think there are between the 2? I think they're different completely personally

Decent pace, similar physique. Same position. Not prolific. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom said:

He looks to be a logical sort of squad player, young, pacey and potential for goals. Wouldn’t be adverse to it myself if he wasn’t the main man.

Edit - sorry I thought he was younger 

2 questions.

1- Is 24 (in January) really that old?
2- Could he play even better with a better quality team around him?

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

He likes to run in behind the defenders also run at players with his pace. Uses this effectively. Has composure and a good first touch. Could be prolific in a decent team.

Can i ask what are you basing this on?His stats don't read too impressive but like you say maybe they would be better if he played for a better team.Are you basing your opinion on watching him numerous times?

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

He likes to run in behind the defenders also run at players with his pace. Uses this effectively. Has composure and a good first touch. Could be prolific in a decent team.

I’ve only seen him once so perhaps he’s improved since then. I actually watched him when Bristol Rovers were in the conference so he would have only been 19-20 then. He looked decent but it was only at that standard so he’s obviously improved every time they’ve been promoted. 

As much as I dislike Nixon - did he really start this whole Ellison rumor off? As far as I saw it, it was somebody else asking him if there was anything in it and he replied 'thats a new one, good player though' or something along those lines. 

These other links are coming from shite websites like 72 or whatever that are linking him purely on a rumor lol.

I will say though, those saying he only got 12 goals in L1, as a 'lone' striker, is that really a bad return compared to Graham with 14 in a promotion team? Bit younger too, bit of pace. Not saying he is ideal but perspective and all that.

• Backroom

A few tweets went around yesterday including from people based around Bristol, some people asked Nixon directly and he eventually came back with ‘there’s something in that’

So no he didn’t break it but did seem to go and check and hear similar 

Posh chairman running his mouth on Twitter again. Whoever is at the negotiating table for Maddison is close to a deal. They weren’t in the Championship last season, and it isn’t Wigan.

Can I still hope this might be us?

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Posh chairman running his mouth on Twitter again. Whoever is at the negotiating table for Maddison is close to a deal. They weren’t in the Championship last season, and it isn’t Wigan.

I sent a few tweets asking about rovers interest in him...No reply and I'm sure other rovers fans have asked same but no mention on his timeline.He is answering other clubs fans

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

I sent a few tweets asking about rovers interest in him...No reply and I'm sure other rovers fans have asked same but no mention on his timeline.He is answering other clubs fans

Yes I did the same last week with no reply, so hopefully it might be us, especially as he will be aware that Rovers like to negotiate secretly until the deal is done. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

This is interesting, I doubt it will be any of the clubs relegated from the prem as they will have bigger budgets and don't normally go for unproven championship players. However there seems to be very little articles linking him to us. 

I'm a massive fan of his and he would be a top signing but still doubting it.

• Like 2

I couldn't imagine a relegated premier team going for Maddison. If the posh chairman is to be believed and it isn't Wigan then surely it must be us in for him. 

Also the fact that the release clause was activated but the scheduling of the payment was the issue stinks of Venkys haha.

Edited by CambridgeRover

15 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I couldn't imagine a relegated premier team going for Maddison. If the posh chairman is to be believed and it isn't Wigan then surely it must be us in for him. 

Also the fact that the release clause was activated but the scheduling of the payment was the issue stinks of Venkys haha.

West Brom would be my guess.