BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Sorry I was thinking of a different player. Ex Man Utd, was at West Brom for a while called Morrison. Again, this is probably wrong, as I've been watching much more of Coventry RFU, and Wasps over recent seasons.

I assume this is not the x- Cov City Maddison who is starring at Norwich.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

1 minute ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Sorry I was thinking of a different player. Ex Man Utd, was at West Brom for a while called Morrison. Again, this is probably wrong, as I've been watching much more of Coventry RFU, and Wasps over recent seasons.

I assume this is not the x- Cov City Maddison who is starring at Norwich.

Marcus Maddison - Peterborough United.

Screenshot_20180710-025622_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posh Chairman - The release clause for Maddison is £1m-ish? and has been activated by a team who were not in the Championship last season. The payment plan of the agreed fee now being thrashed out. Also confirmed it’s not Wigan. I do feel there’s a strong chance it’s us. I can’t see the ex Prem boys faffing around to pay £1m. Surely their budgets and potential targets are bigger? 

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I don't think it's us in for him, I reckon it's WBA.

Keep telling that to myself too.

Not sure why people are discounting teams relegated from the PL, they are shopping the same pond as the rest of us now and Maddison would be a class signing at this level.

Harrison for the rumoured £875k would be a smart piece of business. He's got all the raw attributes and has far more composure than Samuel will ever have. He is one who would thrive with better players and could be worth 10x more with a breakthrough Championship season. Don't judge him solely on his goal record. Josh Kings was bang average for us but we knew he had something if given the right environment.

Edited by robbojohnno

Nah, i think he's already confirmed it's a championship club, who weren't in the league last season, and he has ruled out Wigan.

Leaves Rovers, Rotherham, Stoke, WBA & Swansea.  

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

And someone asked you how you knew which you ignored. So how do you know? 

Perhaps if he does say who has told him and it comes out, the position who has told him may be put in an awkward position? 

• Like 2

Can’t see Rotherham being able to afford him, and stoke seem to spending big money so doubt it’s them. Realistically can’t see Swansea going for him either (no reason for that), so that leaves us or West Brom, think that we would have a decent chance.

Maddison ticks all the boxes for us, and I think would be a quality signing that would generate some excitement. He's in a position we need to strengthen in, fits the Mowbray mould of being relatively young, proven at a lower level, Mowbray will know him from last season and when at Coventry.

Still don't have much confidence it will be us. The Posh chairman's comments seem to leave 4 potential clubs but I'd still think WBA and possibly Stoke would be in ahead of us. Maybe not Stoke who seem to be shopping in mega money signings but WBA would make sense given they're losing a few.

If he has a release clause at £1 million or so I would expect numerous clubs to be in for him and it to then come down to who he fancies playing for/who is going to pay him most.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Perhaps if he does say who has told him and it comes out, the position who has told him may be put in an awkward position? 

It is possible to give a little context without giving too much away.  I've not seen a lot of Maddison and wasn't  hugely impressed  when I have  but  if  he's  got some pace,  a  bit of trickery and can pass as well as his assist record suggests then  it  seems like a great signing as long as he's happy left wing  (and TM doesn't try and play  with two number tens again).

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I don't think it's us in for him, I reckon it's WBA.

If its W.B.A ..surely they wouldnt be dithering over £1M .

Jay Rod and Dawson muted to be going for big money plus the £3.5M ? they got for Johnny Evans. 

Money not an issue i would have thought ..

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

It is possible to give a little context without giving too much away.  I've not seen a lot of Maddison and wasn't  hugely impressed  when I have  but  if  he's  got some pace,  a  bit of trickery and can pass as well as his assist record suggests then  it  seems like a great signing as long as he's happy left wing  (and TM doesn't try and play  with two number tens again).

A little context only causes more chaos on here - if he says 'a reliable source' or 'someone at the club' all he will get is "WHO!"

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

As it stands he's just a bloke saying Rovers are in for him. He doesn't have to name anyone, just how he knows. For example 'someone at the club' 'a journalist'. I posted it could well be Rovers based on the posh chairman's tweets days before callumrovers posted about it. It's easy to claim to be ITK. 

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

No. Not until it comes from the club.

In the past, I remember Rovers always tried to do their transfer business quietly with little or no publicity until it was sorted.

I do hope that is what is going on here...rather than nothing!

Like others I came to associate the glare of publicity on possible signings with the previous, corrupt regime run by agents.

Previously, my hopes that all that was well behind us were shattered by the appointment of an "outstanding candidate."

• Like 1