BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not sure he ever turned into the player people thought he would after he left here.

He also suffered an ACL injury a couple of season back, always a concern with those types of injuries.

Hard to be that player when he has never gotten a chance to settle anywhere. On a free we could do a lot worse. 

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Kane's 25 in September, he's never played a league game for Chelsea and they've loaned him out to 7 clubs.

That's their 'model' all over. Hoover up loads of talent, put them on long term contracts and loan them out for half their career.

Breathes new life into the term Chelsea rent boy!

• Like 3

Todd Kane has limited abilities probably suited to league 1 or lower level champ squad man I can't see him ever being much more than that. One that was never going to make the grade at Chelsea but they aren't worried about writing the cost off, tried to shop window him but no takers and no one will fancy his wages anyway.

Wonder how he might have turned out coming up the ladder the traditional way ?    As it is he'll be in for a reality check having to take much smaller wages if he wants to carry on but if he's been sensible he might be ok for money anyway.  Remains to be seen how all that affects him but not one i'd bother with again I don't think.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Totally, but the club has changed big time in terms of people in position of knowledge. Its a long time ago since I could post the team for each match 24 hours in advance on here knowing it was the case and that Kazim Richards was telling people on twitter privately whats going on behind the scenes. I don't think anybody at all can confidently call transfers anymore, the only one that has proved they can is the Sky Sports guy on twitter but he's only ever a couple of hours in advance of an official announcement. 

Combined to this, we have an actual scouting process now which has been implemented by Mowbray. So when tiny bits are told to people, its often they're only one on the list - e.g. McNulty (which 3 independent people told me - all off here) and Adekanye (told by a journalist) probably where targets, its just we signed different players instead - Armstrong in Adekanye's case. 

What i'm loathed to do is create a culture of people questioning every single rumour on here again which has already seen the likes of Kamy (who has genuine contacts at Ewood) and Nicko (who once upon a time did have genuine contacts at Ewood, although I admit it did go a bit weird in the end) leave the website and leave us all just guessing. Theres a good 2/3 people still left here that post and get info - it won't always be right - but its worth taking everything is a 'decent rumour' and nothing more.

My point is more, you mention that the rumours shouldnt be questioned, but why not? People want to know roughly the chances of its accuracy, and especially in a time where you see clear shite posted everywhere, and obviously at a time where Mowbray seemingly is doing a better job of keeping targets under wraps, as you mentioned.

Ive never really got the line of people are protecting confidentiality as, for one, why did the person pass on the rumour at all if that was a primary concern, and two, why would it then be passed onto a messageboard.

I appreciate your points and am not saying we should stifle all rumours or anything. But you mention the culture you are trying to encourage/discourage; on the flip side, is it right to have a culture whereby people who post rumours cannot be questioned? And the answer of "i cant tell you who told me" will at times rub people up the wrong way because its the equivalent of saying i know something, but im not telling anyone. So in my opinion there has to be a balance and if someone posts a rumour they shouldnt be able to then hide behind a shield, its only fair to be able to ask them.

I wait for the transfer to be confirmed on the Rovers website plus photo.

Saves a lot of wasted time on here.

This thread title contains the word 'rumours'. There is a clue there as a verified rumour becomes a fact.

If you enjoy rumours here is a good place.

So it would seem our main targets on permanent deals are ;Chapman, Bauer, Armstrong, Maddison and Roofe. I can't see us signing all of them, so if I had to pick 3 I would go for

Armstrong, Bauer and Maddison. 

That would leave us needing to sign a striker on loan and another winger. So Kent from Liverpool would tick the winger box. Then we just need to find a Mitrovic like Fulham did last season. 

Going to be a helter skelter few weeks before this window closes 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Might be a quality signing but I doubt he’d generate much excitement.

An exciting signing would be one that the youngsters in our fanbase will have heard of. Trouble is that if they are in our budget they are almost certainly past it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1uBGnIOK4&frags=pl%2Cwn

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but it's Maddison's best of video from the 17-18  season.   Obviously, you don't want to judge a player just from a highlights reel but it's all recent and there is quite some talent there.  Some of the through balls are fantastic, some good crosses and set-piece deliveries.  He's a real footballer and although it's league one he, like Dack, obviously has the ability to play at a higher level, whether he has the application and desire I don't know but I can't help but be a tiny bit excited by the thought of signing him. 

Somebody is always going to question information no matter how much a poster does or doesn't say, that's just the nature of a message board, it's nice for the majority to get a little more information than Callumrovers put out but it's up to him and we will see if he's right.

Edited by Blueandwhitemike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Jesus he's only 24 seems to have been about for ages. Had promise when we first had him here but doesnt have seemed to have improved at all in the years that have passed which is a worry. 

24??  He must have that Benjamin Button disease.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So it would seem our main targets on permanent deals are ;Chapman, Bauer, Armstrong, Maddison and Roofe. I can't see us signing all of them, so if I had to pick 3 I would go for

Armstrong, Bauer and Maddison. 

That would leave us needing to sign a striker on loan and another winger. So Kent from Liverpool would tick the winger box. Then we just need to find a Mitrovic like Fulham did last season. 

Going to be a helter skelter few weeks before this window closes 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16344901.charlton-boss-discusses-rovers-pursuit-of-patrick-bauer/

You got the helter skelter bit right...

15 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1uBGnIOK4&frags=pl%2Cwn

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but it's Maddison's best of video from the 17-18  season.   Obviously, you don't want to judge a player just from a highlights reel but it's all recent and there is quite some talent there.  Some of the through balls are fantastic, some good crosses and set-piece deliveries.  He's a real footballer and although it's league one he, like Dack, obviously has the ability to play at a higher level, whether he has the application and desire I don't know but I can't help but be a tiny bit excited by the thought of signing him. 

Somebody is always going to question information no matter how much a poster does or doesn't say, that's just the nature of a message board, it's nice for the majority to get a little more information than Callumrovers put out but it's up to him and we will see if he's right.

Was about to post this, so thanks for saving me the trouble!

Usual caveats for a highlights package, but the fact that they can put together a 6 minute video for one season is encouraging! Could you get 6 minutes from Feeney's entire career?

Obviously has great quality of delivery, but seems to like to run with the ball given the chance too. Couldn't tell if he had absolutely blistering pace or not, but definitely quicker than anyone else we have there at present.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

2 million for a league 1 CB with 12-months left on his contract is far too much. That said, 300k is a bit on the low side too.

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Usual caveats for a highlights package, but the fact that they can put together a 6 minute video for one season is encouraging! Could you get 6 minutes from Feeney's entire career?

Obviously has great quality of delivery, but seems to like to run with the ball given the chance too. Couldn't tell if he had absolutely blistering pace or not, but definitely quicker than anyone else we have there at present.

A significant amount of the fee that will be realised for Marriott is potentially down to Maddison - his assist stats are excellent.

Still reckon he'll end up elsewhere.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Whilst I understand trying to play hard ball but why even offer 300k. Just seems stupid. You don't want to annoy the club your buying from too much.

Maybe becuase that is what he is worth? Bell got in the league 1 team of the season and he cost 300,000. The only ones extracting the urine here are Charlton looking for 2 million 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe becuase that is what he is worth? Bell got in the league 1 team of the season and he cost 300,000. The only ones extracting the urine here are Charlton looking for 2 million 

300k doesn't even get you on the negotiating table. It isn't what he is worth at all.

• Like 1

Maybe they got wind he wants a move and quite fancies coming here, also they know that Charlton probably need some money. 5/600k with adds ons sounds about right for him so I think playing hardball is fair enough in this case.  It's happened to us enough in the past.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would agree that 2 million is far too much but we all know that Charlton's public position will be different to their private one.    

Just now, tomphil said:

Maybe they got wind he wants a move and quite fancies coming here, also they know that Charlton probably need some money. 5/600k with adds ons sounds about right for him so I think playing hardball is fair enough in this case.  It's happened to us enough in the past.

Of course it has and I think the fact he's come out and said what he wants suggests to me they are ready to sell. If they held the position "you are going nowhere" then Bowyer wouldn't have used the words he has and valued him.

The lad is for sale but it is up to us to meet a respectable deal. Bauer is worth double what we have offered, even if he has only got 1 year left. Go back with a sensible offer and you'd expect them to sell.

• Like 1

Never show your true hand.

Things are being done a bit more sensible these days or at least it appears that way, go in with your max or near it and yes you might get the deal on the table but at the 11th hour gazumped.

That's the risk you take I suppose if you really want/need the guy but if it's someone you'd like but you don't feel desperate or poss have other targets it's a waiting game. Didn't the Bell deal rumble on similar ?

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

A significant amount of the fee that will be realised for Marriott is potentially down to Maddison - his assist stats are excellent.

Still reckon he'll end up elsewhere.

Probably, I'm still trying to treat it as a long shot rumour at this point, albeit the detective work a few pages back is getting me a bit excited.

If true, and along with signing Rothwell and especially Davenport, it looks like Tony is trying to put together a team which really goes out to play on the front foot. Maybe not too dissimilar to how Brentford set up when they were first promoted. Remains to be seen if it actually turns out like that, but I like how it appears that there is some attention being played to how we play, which hasn't seemed to be the case since Sam.

The better & quicker our wingers, the more space we'd expect Dack to get, so hopefully this is sort of player we're looking at, even if it doesn't come off.

35 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Fully agree with this.

Looks to have great delivery, plenty of assists, scores a few, takes a mean penalty, appears to pick a pass and have decent pace - what's not to like?

Get him in plus Bauer, Chapman on loan with fee agreed, Armstrong and maybe a back-up keeper and I'd be happy if we had no further business beyond that.

• Like 2