Right wing: Bennett, 

Left wing: Conway, Whittingham 

Central midfeld: Evans, Davenport

Central midfeld: Smallwood, Tomlinson

Offensive

midfelder/Striker: Dack, Rothwell

Striker: Graham, Samuel

Surplus: Hart, Gladwin and Caddis

we Do need two wingers and two strikers and maybe one central defender to cover for

Mulgrew and Lenihan. So 5 players in with quality.

1 hour ago, Miker said:

I’d like us to sign Bauer as he seems a good player with a lot of potential, but we are not exactly desperate to sign defensive players at this stage, so I think that’s why Mowbray is being patient with this one.

Mulgrew and Lenihan are our first choice pairing in the centre, so any defender who comes in would have to settle for a place on the bench and take his chances when either one of them is injured or in poor form.

We have Williams and Nyambe who can play at centre back, especially if we play 3 defenders, plus Downing, Wharton and Platt competing for spots as well. 

I'd definitely like them to sign him I think he'd be a good addition but only for the right money so that's why I think it'll run and run and I've a feeling we might sneak it in the end.

Anything over a million for him and Charlton are having a giraffe but they'll know they'll never get daft money so an 11th hour compromise might just be sorted.

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Cover for Nuttall ? Is that what we've come to ?

Well Nuttall seems to be in the first team plans. If he goes on loan, that'd leave us with Graham and Samuel.

So yes.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

look at Davenport form at Burton in half a season there. 

Mowbray has said his views on Chapman role here and That's why I want Kent then he would play wide left with either Bennett or Conway wide right. 

That's why patient is crucial and that's why not be nervous and paying over the top for average is good. the market will settle sort for a week or 2 and that's when we will sign a couple of players. if the market does than Mowbray has decisions to make. 

I would have like more signings but has been said by Kamy the market is crazy and players are overpriced and that's why we haven't got more signed 

I would go for Sam Winnall

Sam Winnall did his cruciate ligament in Feb and is still a few months away from fitness. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Stop being needlessly defensive of Mowbray when its totally unwarranted. I never said he hasnt done a great job or got people united so please dont portray that I did. Putting this is both inaccurate and irrelevant.

I made a point in isolation about buying players for small fees, and how its worked as a strategy thus far. I listed these, and bar Dack the players we bought for fees last season have either turned out to be squad players, or just generally of no use ie Gladwin and Hart.

I'm well aware that some of the other signings he made via different means (Smallwood, out of contract or Armstrong, loan) were also successes.

My point was that these fees might need to go up a bit and that we need to look at a higher calibre of players than your Gladwins, Samuels and Harts.

He was, quite strangely considering he didnt play that much really here, so must have got it for his form at Fleetwood. I dont understand why you even put that, I never said hes rubbish or a bad signing, just that hes a squad player in that I think Mowbray considers Williams to be his number 1 at left back.

Stop having slight digs for nothing reasons at Mowbray. 

We need to remain patient and back Mowbray totally

12 hours ago, Dave S said:

I haven't posted for  a long time...But there is talk in the south that Rovers have bid for Mohamed Eisa of Cheltenham.

A young quick striker. Peterborough have had a 1m bid turned down recently.  Apparently.

Eisa. That'd be a good investment.

(nod to Stelling)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Armstrong and Harrison? 

Armstrong is not really a winger, another one who "can play there" albeit id potentially say hes actually more effective there. Would love him to sign permanently.

Harrison is a striker isnt he?

Most importantly, the source is a bad one.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No wingers that Mowbray perceives to be starting wingers, so lets hope Nixon is typically wrong.

You telling me you know Mowbrays thoughts but you wouldn’t think he’d buy AA to play him out wide? 

You don’t half talk some absolute nonsense.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong is not really a winger, another one who "can play there" albeit id potentially say hes actually more effective there. Would love him to sign permanently.

Harrison is a striker isnt he?

Most importantly, the source is a bad one.

He is ,but he is all we've got to go off at this point unfortunatley :) 

He also says we are in for someone who hasn't been mentioned. I wonder he doesn't just mention them as that is meant to be his job. 

If we sign Armstrong he will be played on the wing/as an inside forward like last season

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

45 minutes ago, Biz said:

You telling me you know Mowbrays thoughts but you wouldn’t think he’d buy AA to play him out wide? 

You don’t half talk some absolute nonsense.

My main point was that Nixon is the one talking nonsense. These targets are probably a figment of his imagination.

I never said I know Mowbrays thoughts. I actually prefer Armstrong wide so if we signed him and played him there again id be very happy as long as we had a natural winger on the other side.

How is that nonsense?

44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is ,but he is all we've got to go off at this point unfortunatley :) 

He also says we are in for someone who hasn't been mentioned. I wonder he doesn't just mention them as that is meant to be his job. 

If we sign Armstrong he will be played on the wing/as an inside forward like last season

An unnamed, unmentioned player?

Yeah, most likely, and considering his work there last season, correctly.