BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

So you think that Caddis is adequate back up if Nyambe gets a long term injury?

Might be jumping to conclusions but considering that Bennett played right back versus Hibs and a fair bit at the end of last season added to the fact that TM has mentioned about 8 players and not EB when talking about central midfielders could it be that TM  thinks EB, with possibly Travis as well, is adequate as cover?  In fact, if we did sign say Maddison and Armstrong and play them on either wing might it be that EB is TM's first choice right back.

Whatever happens, I do wonder how Mowbray is planning to use Bennett this season as it is hard to see him being dropped.

Edited by Blueandwhitemike

49 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

So you think that Caddis is adequate back up if Nyambe gets a long term injury?

We badly need a right back. Caddis needs pensioning off and I wish people would stop posting "Nyambe has improved". Yes he has but he's still nowhere near good enough and I'm not sure he ever will be, particularly as a wing back. He can't seem to go more than ten yards forward without turning back and passing to a centre back. How can you ever score on the break with that attitude. He's not good at defending either. Get's targeted as a weakness every match.

• Like 1

I think we've got enough cover at rb, I rate Nyambe and he's only going to get bettter. And then we've got travis and bennet who can play there both who have shown they can more than do a job. Really think we're only 2 wingers and a striker short. 

Edited by TruRover

30 minutes ago, Al said:

We badly need a right back. Caddis needs pensioning off and I wish people would stop posting "Nyambe has improved". Yes he has but he's still nowhere near good enough and I'm not sure he ever will be, particularly as a wing back. He can't seem to go more than ten yards forward without turning back and passing to a centre back. How can you ever score on the break with that attitude. He's not good at defending either. Get's targeted as a weakness every match.

Not sure about wing back but as a full back Nyambe is good enough still young and improving.He doesn't get targetted every match either.Are you one of those who once he makes his mind up about someone that it?It won't change.

Nyambe had a very good season last year, he wasn't targetted every match.To suggest otherwise is just nonsense 

43 minutes ago, Al said:

I think that comes from a lot of the safety first mentality coached into them these days and it's been particularly relevant at Rovers. I don't think we'll see a flying wing back or constantly over lapping full back very much no matter who is in the shirt unless we are chasing a game.

Modern methods.

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bennett and Travis can both play there as well 

Right back is not a priority 

Mowbray clearly sees Travis as a midfielder & of all the positions Bennett played last year right back was were he was weakest. Nyambe probably deserves to start the season at right back but for me the jury is still out on him & if he is found wanting in the Championship we will need someone who does play at right back not someone who can play there, especially as Bennett is 1 of only two wingers currently on the books otherwise our side will have too many square pegs in round holes.

Edited by Ewood Ace

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kent has skills and tricky plus has championship experience in the past. He impress me when he played against Rovers twice in the season 16/17 for Barnsley

Maddison hasn't got the championship experience and can I say for the record I have never post that I don't like him. so that's is incorrect information. 

If we did sign Maddison I wouldn't be unhappy at all but could he step up and the for the money we would be paying we would need him to

Kent's skills and Championship experience didn't do much to help him at Bristol City last season, where he couldn't even get into the squad some weeks.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Al said:

Bennett playing right back again today at Port Vale..

No Caddis, Gladwin or Hart in the squad

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Kent's skills and Championship experience didn't do much to help him at Bristol City last season, where he couldn't even get into the squad some weeks.

Do you know the reasons why he wasnt in Bristol City squad? Was it an injured or personal reasons or just form

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

I think we've got enough cover at rb, I rate Nyambe and he's only going to get bettter. And then we've got travis and bennet who can play there both who have shown they can more than do a job. Really think we're only 2 wingers and a striker short. 

I think We're two proven strikers short as well.  If anything happened to Dack, or he doesn't quite fire at this higher level we could be absolutely knackered. Ideally you'd want Graham providing competition and back up for the new arrivals but as it stands it looks as though we'll be lucky to get one in of the required standard.

Right back is actually one of the few areas I'm not concerned about. I would expect Nyambe to be one of our better performers this season and we have plenty of cover in that position if he picks up an injury.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I think We're two proven strikers short as well.  If anything happened to Dack, or he doesn't quite fire at this higher level we could be absolutely knackered. Ideally you'd want Graham providing competition and back up for the new arrivals but as it stands it looks as though we'll be lucky to get one in of the required standard.

Right back is actually one of the few areas I'm not concerned about. I would expect Nyambe to be one of our better performers this season and we have plenty of cover in that position if he picks up an injury.

As we only play upfront I reckon one striker who has quality will be enough, agree that 2 would be better but realistically think 1 is probs the best we can hopdo and imo will be enough for us at least until Jan when we can reasess. Need some similar to Graham whose abit younger and them two can challenge for first choice and then have Samuel (who I do think could surprise a few this season) as back up to the two of them.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I think that comes from a lot of the safety first mentality coached into them these days and it's been particularly relevant at Rovers. I don't think we'll see a flying wing back or constantly over lapping full back very much no matter who is in the shirt unless we are chasing a game.

Modern methods.

Then wing backs are pointless if your theory is correct.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Not sure about wing back but as a full back Nyambe is good enough still young and improving.He doesn't get targetted every match either.Are you one of those who once he makes his mind up about someone that it?It won't change.

Nyambe had a very good season last year, he wasn't targetted every match.To suggest otherwise is just nonsense 

Yes he was!

If you think he had a good season I question whether you attended. I may be picking on the wrong one but too many non attenders appear to have opinions. If you are a season ticket holder I apologise as you are entitled to an opinion.

Edited by Al

10 minutes ago, Al said:

Yes he was!

If you think he had a good season I question whether you attended. I may be picking on the wrong one but too many non attenders appear to have opinions. If you are a season ticket holder I apologise as you are entitled to an opinion.

My opinion probably doesn't count as I only saw a couple of games in person and watched the rest on ifollow but whilst he was regularly targeted in the championship he wasn't in league one.   He has a  lot to learn, which  Mowbray has said but he  clearly  improved  last  season annd his athleticism does help make up for some of his shortcomings.  He did cost on the odd occasion but he also had some really good games.

I am a season ticket holder and I did think Nyambe was much improved in the main last season, albeit he still doesnt know how to put in a good cross.

That said, we definitely could do with another proper right back, and I find it strange that we seem to be targeting a centre back, when we are far more covered there than at right back.

18 minutes ago, Al said:

Yes he was!

I am a season ticket holder yes I missed two home games last season due to work. 

He did have a good season and he was not targetted and if you think so then I'd question wether you attended last season.  I guarantee a lot more people thought he had a good season rather than a bad one.

The people slating him are the the ones who have been on his back from day 1.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Al said:

Yes he was!

Personally I think he has improved, that does not make him a good player. I see his major asset as being his recovery after a mistake, he has to learn to cut the mistakes out in the first place.