BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

What's the obsession with Nyambe. Of course he has improved. He's young. 

This is the transfer thread. 

Move the obsession of Nyambe to another thread it's boring. 

Give us some transfer news to discuss then?

It's linked in to transfer talk as we are discussing the merits of signing another full back.

If it bores you then don't read it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, islander200 said:

I do think he can step up Chaddy he is at a good age , he has just had a great season and he could prove to be a great signing.

It's relatively cheap compared to some other players being sold.

I do rate Kent but he did have a very poor year last year and if Liverpool do put penalty clauses in his deal where we have to pay x amount if he doesn't play could end up costing a tidy sum if he shows the form he had last year.

Like Maddison has looked talented whenever iv seen him but granted I have a life so I don't watch 90 minutes of peterboro unless playing rovers so I don't know what he has been like over 90 but his stats are very impressive

I wouldn't be against signing Kent but only if we can't get someone decent on a permanent deal first like Maddison...we take Kent on loan and if he has an ok but not spectacular season we might get Liverpool to sell him but if he does have a great season they will probably take him back and either give him a chance there (doubtful)or sell him to a team who can afford to pay more than us 

Firstly, sorry for missing your reply to me. 

I would be looking to sign Chapman(who could be cheap) and then loan Kent so we have 2 wingers there that allow us to play 4-2-3-1 if Mowbray wants. 

But I would be looking to spend the most of the budget on a striker. who I don't know tbh. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not directly. But you said about McFadzean, hes experienced, so "what more do people want."

Maddison, you turned your nose up but hes very similar to Dack. One of the proven very best players at League 1. Thus both youd think could handle the step up. Whereas Kent, presumably because you think its more likely, youve defended despite very limited success in his spells in the Championship.

Davenport and in particular Rothwell, if you was consistent in your posts, youd have flagged up a lack of Championship experience on their part. Obviously you havent as you are totally blindsided to anything like that. 

And to clarify, im not doubting Mowbray, im not being negative, this post is aimed at your flawed logic and not at Mowbray.

Some people have been asking for experience centre back to be sign and now we being linked with one and still people moan. that's my point

I haven't turn my nose up at Maddison, I just think the fee is too much for our budget and Peterborough want it all up front. I would be looking to spend of my budget on a striker. Unlikely Graham will be fit all season. So we need a striker. On Kent he has played a full season at this level and he has played under Mowbray at Coventry

I haven't seen Davenport played and all I know is he was on loan at Burton last season and from reports he performed. supposedly he has played well today according to Rovers twitter account. 

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

So you think that Caddis is adequate back up if Nyambe gets a long term injury?

not been in either match day squad so far

4 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I don't know why anyone even bothers, the standard of his debate/argument is pathetic not to mention his reading skills.

no need for the personal attack at all. its a great shame that's your attitude. 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

He wasn't selected

He didn't play the last 6 games as he wasn't selected. 4 times on the bench where he didn't come on. Started 6 games were he got 2 assists and come off the bench in 4 games. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am a season ticket holder and I did think Nyambe was much improved in the main last season, albeit he still doesnt know how to put in a good cross.

That said, we definitely could do with another proper right back, and I find it strange that we seem to be targeting a centre back, when we are far more covered there than at right back.

why do we need a right back when Bennett has played right back/wing back in both games so far. 

If anything was proved today by Graham missing out through a knock, it was that we desperately need a proven new Number 9.

If Graham is out for a considerable spell next season I fear we are as good as relegated with the current additional strikers available.

We are in serious trouble if we don’t get at least three quality attacking goal threats in here soon.

We need Armstrong. He can play up top with Graham, or wide right in the 4-2-3-1.

We need another right winger, as Bennett is now viewed at RB, RWB or CM. Left winger/Inside Forward and 6ft+ Striker. If we have the money a quality Centre half won’t go a miss. Lenihan can fill in at RB if Nyambe/Travis/Bennett are all out, we don’t need a RB. It’s the same needs we have had all summer, and two preseason games in it looks like we are right.

Nyambe was excellent last year, I watched 44/46 games on Ifollow. Been watching football for nearly 30years and can normally tell when someone is shite, live or on the 70” Telly. Some folks expecting him to look like Cafu. He is a very fast defensive right back. My biggest complaint aside from his crossing is he gets lost at times when the ball is in the air. It’s strange. He is lightning fast, strong as an ox, and can run all day. Think most people will agree he came on leaps and bounds last year, and as I said last week at Hibs, he looks to have lost a few pounds and looks even more athletic.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I am a season ticket holder yes I missed two home games last season due to work. 

He did have a good season and he was not targetted and if you think so then I'd question wether you attended last season.  I guarantee a lot more people thought he had a good season rather than a bad one.

The people slating him are the the ones who have been on his back from day 1.

Does your seat face the pitch?:lol:

He's simply not good enough and certainly we will suffer if we play him in the championship.

By the way Fraserkirky. I have been watching Rovers for nearly 70 years and I can tell shite when I see it too. He's not that but he's just not good enough.

Edited by Al

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

We are in serious trouble if we don’t get at least three quality attacking goal threats in here soon.

We need Armstrong. He can play up top with Graham, or wide right in the 4-2-3-1.

We need another right winger, as Bennett is now viewed at RB, RWB or CM. Left winger/Inside Forward and 6ft+ Striker. If we have the money a quality Centre half won’t go a miss. Lenihan can fill in at RB if Nyambe/Travis/Bennett are all out, we don’t need a RB. It’s the same needs we have had all summer, and two preseason games in it looks like we are right.

Nyambe was excellent last year, I watched 44/46 games on Ifollow. Been watching football for nearly 30years and can normally tell when someone is shite, live or in person. Some folks expecting him to look like Cafu. He is very fast defensive right back. My biggest complaint aside from his crossing is he gets lost at times when the ball is in the air. It’s strange. He is lightning fast, strong as an ox, and can run all day. Think most people will agree he came on leaps and bounds last year, and as I said last week at Hibs, he looks to have lost a few pounds and looks even more athletic.

Agree with you on Nyambe, he still needs some help with improving his game but I do think the things he lacks can be coached into him.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be looking to sign Chapman(who could be cheap) and then loan Kent so we have 2 wingers there that allow us to play 4-2-3-1 if Mowbray wants. 

But I would be looking to spend the most of the budget on a striker. who I don't know tbh. 

Some people have been asking for experience centre back to be sign and now we being linked with one and still people moan. that's my point

I haven't turn my nose up at Maddison, I just think the fee is too much for our budget and Peterborough want it all up front. I would be looking to spend of my budget on a striker. Unlikely Graham will be fit all season. So we need a striker. On Kent he has played a full season at this level and he has played under Mowbray at Coventry

I haven't seen Davenport played and all I know is he was on loan at Burton last season and from reports he performed. supposedly he has played well today according to Rovers twitter account. 

He didn't play the last 6 games as he wasn't selected. 4 times on the bench where he didn't come on. Started 6 games were he got 2 assists and come off the bench in 4 games. 

why do we need a right back when Bennett has played right back/wing back in both games so far. 

I would like us to sign Chapman and I wouldn't be against signing Kent but id be worried if those where the two we brought in and nobody else.

Chapman has injury problems and Mowbray has already stated he wouldn't be starting.Kent has just had a very poor season.

I'd go for one or the other, with Chapman being my favourite as we would be more likely to sign him permanently. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You arent listening to my point, either that or you are arent understanding it.

"Some people have been asking for experience centre back to be sign and now we being linked with one and still people moan. that's my point"

Experience is not the only requirement! If we re-signed Elliott Ward, would you say the same thing? I cant believe you dont understand it. People want us to sign a pacy winger, Liam Feeney fits that criteria, but we dont want him back either because hes shit. People have mentioned a target man, if we went and signed Akinfenwa, people would complain because again, hes not good enough. It goes without saying that part of the requirement of these targets is to actually be good enough! I cant believe that even needs saying. 

(and im not saying, before you again misquote me, that McFadzean is or isnt good enough, but I can understand people questioning his track record)

"why do we need a right back when Bennett has played right back/wing back in both games so far. " - Because Bennett is not a natural right back, and will undoubtedly be needed in midfield more often than not. We have Mulgrew, Lenihan, Downing and if we had 2 injuries, Williams to play in 2 spots at centre back. I feel we have at least a semblence of cover there. At right back, we have Nyambe who isnt unfamiliar with drastic losses of form, and then after that Bennett who is a midfielder. You are only in agreement because according to media tittle tattle, we do want a centre back and not a right back, so you feel the need to say that its exactly what you would do too.

Your problem chaddy, is that you are so blinkered, so defensive, that you refuse to even acknowledge any potential negative aspects or worries, and you are insistent on ensuring that no one else can point out valid points. And if they dont agree, you spit your dummy out and tell them to stop moaning and have faith in Mowbray, which is totally irrelevant.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

As much as I’m glad we are getting key players tied down to long term contracts to make it more difficult for other teams to buy them, I’m concerned that these are going to be instead of new signings...

Maybe I’m getting cynical in my old age!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Al said:

Does your seat face the pitch?:lol:

He's simply not good enough and certainly we will suffer if we play him in the championship.

By the way Fraserkirky. I have been watching Rovers for nearly 70 years and I can tell shite when I see it too. He's not that but he's just not good enough.

We will agree to disagree.

We can have this conversation at the end of the season...if Nyambe is regularly targetted, costs us points, has a poor season and looks out of his depth then I will hold my hands up and say you were right.

But if he has a good season I will hope you will do the same.

He did have a good season last year and you are in the minority who thinks he didn't 

Edited by islander200

Just now, islander200 said:

I would like us to sign Chapman and I wouldn't be against signing Kent but id be worried if those where the two we brought in and nobody else.

Chapman has injury problems and Mowbray has already stated he wouldn't be starting.Kent has just had a very poor season.

I'd go for one or the other, with Chapman being my favourite as we would be more likely to sign him permanently. 

when you mean nobody else, do you mean signing wise or wide signing wise? 

striker wise I would be looking at Sam Winnall(linked with Sheff Utd recently), Sam Gallagher, Tom Bradshaw, Ivan Toney, Adam Armstrong

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You arent listening to my point, either that or you are arent understanding it.

"Some people have been asking for experience centre back to be sign and now we being linked with one and still people moan. that's my point"

Experience is not the only requirement! If we re-signed Elliott Ward, would you say the same thing? I cant believe you dont understand it. People want us to sign a pacy winger, Liam Feeney fits that criteria, but we dont want him back either because hes shit. People have mentioned a target man, if we went and signed Akinfenwa, people would complain because again, hes not good enough. It goes without saying that part of the requirement of these targets is to actually be good enough! I cant believe that even needs saying. 

(and im not saying, before you again misquote me, that McFadzean is or isnt good enough, but I can understand people questioning his track record)

"why do we need a right back when Bennett has played right back/wing back in both games so far. " - Because Bennett is not a natural right back, and will undoubtedly be needed in midfield more often than not. We have Mulgrew, Lenihan, Downing and if we had 2 injuries, Williams to play in 2 spots at centre back. I feel we have at least a semblence of cover there. At right back, we have Nyambe who isnt unfamiliar with drastic losses of form, and then after that Bennett who is a midfielder. You are only in agreement because according to media tittle tattle, we do want a centre back and not a right back, so you feel the need to say that its exactly what you would do too.

Your problem chaddy, is that you are so blinkered, so defensive, that you refuse to even acknowledge any potential negative aspects or worries, and you are insistent on ensuring that no one else can point out valid points. And if they dont agree, you spit your dummy out and tell them to stop moaning and have faith in Mowbray, which is totally irrelevant.

I understood your points fine thanks. What are you expecting as 4th choice centre back?

Do you even know much about Kyle McFadzean or what type of season he had last season? if you don't how can you even make an assessment?  

I feel Bennett is very decent at right back/wing back and that's where I see him playing. Centre midfield wise we have enough there. We got Smallwood, Davenport, Evans, Whittingham, Travis, Rothwell. We have enough there. For me, we don't need a right back. 

I don't worry because we will sign players and maybe I a lot of faith in Mowbray and the way he doesn't rush into making decision or rash choices and process he thinks about things. I don't understand why people are even negative at this stage of the season for. doesn't make sense to me at all. 

no-one is blinkered at all but different people look at things very differently. 

striker wise I would be looking at Sam Winnall(linked with Sheff Utd recently), Sam Gallagher, Tom Bradshaw, Ivan Toney, Adam Armstrong

I understood your points fine thanks. What are you expecting as 4th choice centre back?

Do you even know much about Kyle McFadzean or what type of season he had last season? if you don't how can you even make an assessment?  

I feel Bennett is very decent at right back/wing back and that's where I see him playing. Centre midfield wise we have enough there. We got Smallwood, Davenport, Evans, Whittingham, Travis, Rothwell. We have enough there. For me, we don't need a right back. 

I don't worry because we will sign players and maybe I a lot of faith in Mowbray and the way he doesn't rush into making decision or rash choices and process he thinks about things. I don't understand why people are even negative at this stage of the season for. doesn't make sense to me at all. 

no-one is blinkered at all but different people look at things very differently. 

Sorry I meant out wide.I wouldn't want to go into the new season with Conway,Bennett,Chapman and Kent as our options out wide.

Be happy with Conway,Bennett,Chapman or Kent and another who will come in really improve the team and be a regular starter.Imo  Maddison has what it takes to make the step up and could be a bargain for whoever gets him 

Sorry I meant out wide.I wouldn't want to go into the new season with Conway,Bennett,Chapman and Kent as our options out wide.

Be happy with Conway,Bennett,Chapman or Kent and another who will come in really improve the team and be a regular starter.Imo  Maddison has what it takes to make the step up and could be a bargain for whoever gets him 

well for me, we would have enough out wide with them tbf. Plus if we are going to be playing 3 at the back not sure we need 5 wingers for. 

Like I said I would be spending more of my budget on a quality striker. I think we will get Chapman permanently shortly/next 2 weeks

Why are we signing a 4th choice centre back?! (If we are) we need players to push the first team and to improve us. Not players further down the pecking order than Downing is. If thats your only argument lets re sign Elliott Ward, shall we? 

Ive never made an assessment about McFadzean!!! In fact I went out of my way to say I wasnt. I dont know enough about him, from the sound of it, neither do you. Just that hes a 31 year old relegated centre back with an underwhelming CV. Your staunch defence of him is bizarre.

No chaddy, most people are balanced. If we look to sign good players, people are happy, bad players, people will question. Armstrong, people have seen him do well for us, positivity. 31 year old Burton centre backs, people will be more inquisitive. Everyone knows if we signed a 50 year old youd still be happy and telling people to stop moaning. 

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Like it or not, Nyambe is OUR best "natural" right back since Salgado... 6 and a half seasons.

Seriously look at some of the tripe full backs we've had since... Orr, Kane, Henley, Caddis. We've had to play midelfielders there most of that time in Marshall, Bennett, Lowe. I would say only Alex Baptiste was impressive during his loan.

I'm more than happy with Nyambe playing at RB next season and beyond hopefully as i see him developing much more.

Cant wait for the day when the same people on here are slagging off his loyalty when he's linked to a currently higher ranked team when all a lot of "fans" do is criticise him since his debut at 17. The lad isn't even 21 years old.

Can we support and encourage the likes of Raya and Nyambe instead of criticism please.

We need wingers and strikers.

Oh give over.

People are debating about whether we need competition for him whilst in the main acknowledging his obvious improvement. All on a forum. If you think that is not showing support then you are talking shite.

The argument "show them some support" or "stop being negative" is one whereby a reasoned and constructive argument is lacking. Some people want this messageboard to basically be one where no healthy discussion can be made, only.a soundboard for how great everything is.

Nyambe has grow on me, im glad we have him but I feel that we are lighter at right back than we are at centre back.

(And for the record, being better than Orr, Henley, Kane and Caddis is not the sort of benchmark I want to be using)

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well for me, we would have enough out wide with them tbf. Plus if we are going to be playing 3 at the back not sure we need 5 wingers for. 

Like I said I would be spending more of my budget on a quality striker. I think we will get Chapman permanently shortly/next 2 weeks

We are knackered if we play 3 at the back.  

I disagree, I'm not saying we need 5 wingers what I'm saying is I would be worried going into the new season If it was Chapman and Kent brought in,One or the other I'm ok with.

Chapman has injury issues and Kent had a poor season last year.

I would be happy with Chapman signing but we need at least one wide man who can come straight into the side,Mowbray has already said Chapman wouldn't be starting 

Why are we signing a 4th choice centre back?! (If we are) we need players to push the first team and to improve us. Not players further down the pecking order than Downing is. If thats your only argument lets re sign Elliott Ward, shall we? 

Ive never made an assessment about McFadzean!!! In fact I went out of my way to say I wasnt. I dont know enough about him, from the sound of it, neither do you. Just that hes a 31 year old relegated centre back with an underwhelming CV. Your staunch defence of him is bizarre.

No chaddy, most people are balanced. If we look to sign good players, people are happy, bad players, people will question. Armstrong, people have seen him do well for us, positivity. 31 year old Burton centre backs, people will be more inquisitive. Everyone knows if we signed a 50 year old youd still be happy and telling people to stop moaning. 

what an over reacted by you in the last comment. 

we need 4/5 centre backs if we are going to play 3 at the back. Unsure if Wharton is good enough. Plus injuries will happen aswell.

No I don't know much about McFadzean but I have look into his stats from last season and he played 44 games last season in the league with most of them as a starter.  Downing or Smallwood didn't have an impressive CV before he came here both played very well last season whilst we were impressive with Whittingham signing and look at how he played last season. disappointing in the main. 

lets see if we sign him firstly. 

Oh give over.

People are debating about whether we need competition for him whilst in the main acknowledging his obvious improvement. All on a forum. If you think that is not showing support then you are talking shite.

The argument "show them some support" or "stop being negative" is one whereby a reasoned and constructive argument is lacking. Some people want this messageboard to basically be one where no healthy discussion can be made, only.a soundboard for how great everything is.

Nyambe has grow on me, im glad we have him but I feel that we are lighter at right back than we are at centre back.

(And for the record, being better than Orr, Henley, Kane and Caddis is not the sort of benchmark I want to be using)

I get what your saying Roversfan but I can understand where Angry_pirate is coming from.

When posters are saying that Nyambe was targetted all last season and he didn't have a good season it gets on my wick too as it is just not true.

It leads me to believe no matter what he does he will still get criticised by some which I just do not understand

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I disagree, I'm not saying we need 5 wingers what I'm saying is I would be worried going into the new season If it was Chapman and Kent brought in,One or the other I'm ok with.

Chapman has injury issues and Kent had a poor season last year.

I would be happy with Chapman signing but we need at least one wide man who can come straight into the side,Mowbray has already said Chapman wouldn't be starting 

ok I accept your point but I would be happy with Both of them. 

I think Rothwell and Whittingham played wide today in second half judging by the line up 

It appears from fans who attended the Port Vale game that Davenport and Travis impressed again

Edited by chaddyrovers

what an over reacted by you in the last comment. 

we need 4/5 centre backs if we are going to play 3 at the back. Unsure if Wharton is good enough. Plus injuries will happen aswell.

No I don't know much about McFadzean but I have look into his stats from last season and he played 44 games last season in the league with most of them as a starter.  Downing or Smallwood didn't have an impressive CV before he came here both played very well last season whilst we were impressive with Whittingham signing and look at how he played last season. disappointing in the main. 

lets see if we sign him firstly. 

We played it for half of a pre season friendly so therefore we should build our squad for that formation?

I hate the idea of us playing a formation that failed in the past but cant be bothered having thag debate.

But surely if you want to play 3 at the back. Youd want to sign a starting centre back! A good quality one to improve us. Not a back up. Makes no sense.

I get what your saying Roversfan but I can understand where Angry_pirate is coming from.

When posters are saying that Nyambe was targetted all last season and he didn't have a good season it gets on my wick too as it is just not true.

It leads me to believe no matter what he does he will still get criticised by some which I just do not understand

It was a massive overreaction by him. To question whether some people are fans because they dont rate a player is out of order. Its an internet messageboard, people have different opinions on individual things, its not a lack of support.

ok I accept your point but I would be happy with Both of them. 

I think Rothwell and Whittingham played well today in second half. 

It appears from fans who attended the Port Vale game that Davenport and Travis impressed again

You think they played well? You wasnt there?!

We played it for half of a pre season friendly so therefore we should build our squad for that formation?

I hate the idea of us playing a formation that failed in the past but cant be bothered having thag debate.

But surely if you want to play 3 at the back. Youd want to sign a starting centre back! A good quality one to improve us. Not a back up. Makes no sense.

It was a massive overreaction by him. To question whether some people are fans because they dont rate a player is out of order. Its an internet messageboard, people have different opinions on individual things, its not a lack of support.

You think they played well? You wasnt there?!

Mowbray has played 3 at the back in some games since becoming manager here. so he clearly wants to play that system in some games depending on the opposition and I agree we should. 

All down to budget pal who we can sign. Like I have said previously I would be spending the most on it on a striker. so it doesn't leave much for centre back does it. 

please explained last line?