BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has played 3 at the back in some games since becoming manager here. so he clearly wants to play that system in some games depending on the opposition and I agree we should. 

All down to budget pal who we can sign. Like I have said previously I would be spending the most on it on a striker. so it doesn't leave much for centre back does it. 

please explained last line?

The trouble is every time we play 3 at the back we look clueless.

1 hour ago, Al said:

Does your seat face the pitch?:lol:

He's simply not good enough and certainly we will suffer if we play him in the championship.

By the way Fraserkirky. I have been watching Rovers for nearly 70 years and I can tell shite when I see it too. He's not that but he's just not good enough.

I'm with you Al. Nyambe is a big strong boy with good athleticism. Unfortunately he's not got fundamental footballing intelligence or ability. He will be targetted big time next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

another poster with a personal attack. 

its a shame that people come on here to do this instead of talking football and Rovers issues

I'm sorry Chaddy, I don't know you so I don't consider it 'personal'. It's not like I said you're ugly or something. But it is seriously frustrating, when probably about 10% of this thread is you, to continually see you ignore, misunderstand, misquote, or take the wrong way the comments of umpteen different posters. As well as seeing you repeat the same thing a ton of times. People have repeatedly tried to point all of this out - some politely, some impolitely - and yet you just don't seem to digest it. I'm sorry but it gets very frustrating to read. And I don't want to feel like I shouldn't read anything you post, as you do post decent stuff sometimes. You're clearly a very passionate Rovers fan who watches a lot of football, knows about a lot of non-Rovers players, and keeps an ear to the ground for rumours. I just wish you'd comprehend what people are saying better. Maybe try posting less, but reading and thinking more.

If you want to take that personally, that's up to you. But I'm not here to pick fights, just getting tired and frustrated from seeing the same patterns all the time.

• Like 5

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm sorry Chaddy, I don't know you so I don't consider it 'personal'. It's not like I said you're ugly or something. But it is seriously frustrating, when probably about 10% of this thread is you, to continually see you ignore, misunderstand, misquote, or take the wrong way the comments of umpteen different posters. As well as seeing you repeat the same thing a ton of times. People have repeatedly tried to point all of this out - some politely, some impolitely - and yet you just don't seem to digest it. I'm sorry but it gets very frustrating to read. And I don't want to feel like I shouldn't read anything you post, as you do post decent stuff sometimes. You're clearly a very passionate Rovers fan who watches a lot of football, knows about a lot of non-Rovers players, and keeps an ear to the ground for rumours. I just wish you'd comprehend what people are saying better. Maybe try posting less, but reading and thinking more.

If you want to take that personally, that's up to you. But I'm not here to pick fights, just getting tired and frustrated from seeing the same patterns all the time.

Very good post, perfectly put.

Would loaning Charlie musonda be out of our range? Don't know much about it like just remember him at Chelsea 

What about Joe Gomez from Liverpool loan. Cover RB and CB 

Mason holgate and Josh Sims another two might be available on loan 

Edited by AdamRochina
Added
  • Like 1

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Would loaning Charlie musonda be out of our range? Don't know much about it like just remember him at Chelsea 

Gomez and Holgate are in their respective first teams.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Not sure about the other two but Gomez is an England international and probs would be in the squad if he wasn't injured, also plays regulary at Liverpool. 

Anyone know who we are geniunely looking at atm? 

16 hours ago, 47er said:

So is it alright to panic when September comes round, bearing in mind TM stressed the benefits of getting his transfer business done "early"?

Please let us know.

Patience is a virtue. We have no idea what the outcome will be...I would rather get a player at the right price rather than over pay in an inflated market. We do not have cash to burn 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

We will agree to disagree.

We can have this conversation at the end of the season...if Nyambe is regularly targetted, costs us points, has a poor season and looks out of his depth then I will hold my hands up and say you were right.

But if he has a good season I will hope you will do the same.

He did have a good season last year and you are in the minority who thinks he didn't 

Yes I'll agree to that but my fervent hope is that there will be no conversation because he will not be in the team.

18 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Such is his steely determination to praise everyrhing that does or doesn't happen at Ewood atm I think Chaddy would say it was a good move if we were linked with a triple swoop for  Danny Murphy, Leon Best and Chris Brown and we turned down Messi on loan with Barca paying 95% of his wages on the basis he's too old at 31.

He' a bit like me when I was younger, someone once told me I had blue and white eyes cos I can never see anything wrong.  Now just one eye is blue and white, the other?  well it's kind of a cynical colour.

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think We're two proven strikers short as well.  If anything happened to Dack, or he doesn't quite fire at this higher level we could be absolutely knackered. Ideally you'd want Graham providing competition and back up for the new arrivals but as it stands it looks as though we'll be lucky to get one in of the required standard.

Right back is actually one of the few areas I'm not concerned about. I would expect Nyambe to be one of our better performers this season and we have plenty of cover in that position if he picks up an injury.

Has Nyambe's injury done anything detrimental to his pace?

4 hours ago, Al said:

Yes he was!

If you think he had a good season I question whether you attended. I may be picking on the wrong one but too many non attenders appear to have opinions. If you are a season ticket holder I apologise as you are entitled to an opinion.

So I haven't been to a game since 1986, am I not entitled to an opinion, should I log out now and never again grace these pages?  Bit shallow minded if  you ask me, oops sorry that's an opinion.

If someone has an opinion about something within a game they have attended versus somone with an opinion on the same subject that hasn't attended the yes I give you that but otherwise I disagree with you on that, again I apologise for having an opinion.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Like it or not, Nyambe is OUR best "natural" right back since Salgado... 6 and a half seasons.

Seriously look at some of the tripe full backs we've had since... Orr, Kane, Henley, Caddis. We've had to play midelfielders there most of that time in Marshall, Bennett, Lowe. I would say only Alex Baptiste was impressive during his loan.

I'm more than happy with Nyambe playing at RB next season and beyond hopefully as i see him developing much more.

Cant wait for the day when the same people on here are slagging off his loyalty when he's linked to a currently higher ranked team when all a lot of "fans" do is criticise him since his debut at 17. The lad isn't even 21 years old.

Can we support and encourage the likes of Raya and Nyambe instead of criticism please.

We need wingers and strikers.

raaaarggghhh shiver me timbers!

Agree though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We played it for half of a pre season friendly so therefore we should build our squad for that formation?

I hate the idea of us playing a formation that failed in the past but cant be bothered having thag debate.

But surely if you want to play 3 at the back. Youd want to sign a starting centre back! A good quality one to improve us. Not a back up. Makes no sense.

It was a massive overreaction by him. To question whether some people are fans because they dont rate a player is out of order. Its an internet messageboard, people have different opinions on individual things, its not a lack of support.

You think they played well? You wasnt there?!

Not what he said is it?  Clearly credited the opinions to those in attendance.

Can we all just stop this crap.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Now yours is - just edges it I think.

I was being serious, trying to think through the deterrent value of a 6 hour ban v the work involved in dreaming such up and imposing it. 

Well that and wondering if Tony cracked his game of Solitaire.

We need a player incoming pdq......

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

So I haven't been to a game since 1986, am I not entitled to an opinion, should I log out now and never again grace these pages?  Bit shallow minded if  you ask me, oops sorry that's an opinion.

If someone has an opinion about something within a game they have attended versus somone with an opinion on the same subject that hasn't attended the yes I give you that but otherwise I disagree with you on that, again I apologise for having an opinion.

A bit of a stupid post in my opinion. You know as well as I do that I was referring to an opinion about a specific player. Please inform me if you have never seen him play how you can have an opinion on his ability?