BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, RovingRover said:

Striker number 2 signing maybe? I wouldn't like this as our primary signing.

Armstrong and Gallagher wouldn't be awful.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15680956.Tony_Mowbray_looking_to_overhaul_Rovers__scouting_and_recruitment_departments_and_awaits_the_green_light_from_Venky_s/

It would show that Mowbrays attempts to get the scouting system developed havent come off!

37 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I would rather sign Sam Gallagher than loan him again. Would be happy with that despite his poor goal scoring record in the Championship. 

24 grand a week, that can’t be right??

can we afford him permanent? 

we deffo cant afford his 24k a week wages. 

he signed a new contract last summer 

37 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

No we should be smarter with it .. he's not what we should be going for ..he never set the world alite the first.time or at Brum 

like who? considering our budget please

on his time at Birmingham, how many chances did the team created for him and the team style of play considering who the manager was for majority of the season

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agree totally. Lacks strength, doesnt score nearly enough goals, need better to avoid being right in the thick of the relegation trouble.

The source is a rubbish one so lets hope its not true. Nixons put a couple of teams in to increase his chances of stumbling across an accurate story.

I cant see Mowbray going back to Gallagher anyway, think its a lazy link.

you seem dismiss every player link we had recently.

source is rubbish? how?

Mowbray and Gallagher got on very well when Gallagher was here on loan last time

Just now, roversfan99 said:

he did get the new scouting system in place tho. Both Mowbray and Waggott have said this in forums with fans. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

can we afford him permanent? 

we deffo cant afford his 24k a week wages. 

he signed a new contract last summer 

like who? considering our budget please

on his time at Birmingham, how many chances did the team created for him and the team style of play considering who the manager was for majority of the season

you seem dismiss every player link we had recently.

source is rubbish? how?

Mowbray and Gallagher got on very well when Gallagher was here on loan last time

like who? considering our budget please - its not really his job to state, weve got this apparent upgraded scouting network to take care of that. Silly question.

on his time at Birmingham, how many chances did the team created for him and the team style of play considering who the manager was for majority of the season - do you think he would get loads of chances here in comparison? No he wouldnt, his career goal record thus far is really poor.

you seem dismiss every player link we had recently - they are just all rumours at the moment, its clear that rarely are they true and we tend to sign players unmentioned. 

You'll actually find that you always think EVERY signing without fail we are linked with is a good idea. Theres no debate, everyone is a good signing.

That said, I try to take each potential signing on its own merits. Armstrong, Maddison - id very much like, Gallagher, Harrison and McFadzean - no thanks, do better. Kent, Chapman, Baeur, I am unsure, all 3 have potential plus points with also big reservations (Kent has been really poor in recent loan spells, Chapman has big injury question marks and if he wouldnt be a potential starter I wouldnt want him anyway, Baeur im not sure we need another centre back as a priority)

source is rubbish? how? - Nixon gets loads wrong as we all know. Talks shite.

Mowbray and Gallagher got on very well when Gallagher was here on loan last time - how do you know?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

he did get the new scouting system in place tho. Both Mowbray and Waggott have said this in forums with fans. 

The point was if we signed 2 ex players, it would perhaps lack imagination as others have said, and render any scouting upgrades pointless if he was to just resort to players weve had before, Armstrong id like (permanently), but Gallagher I think we can do far better than him as mentioned previously.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's all good having a new scouting system but if you can't get the green light from above to sign them or if you can't afford the players you find it's pointless. If we're now being linked with a player we had before is that not just a bit worrying to you chadster? Gallagher is on big wages and even if we only payed 50% of his wages 12 grand a week is a lot of money for him. I think he's okay as a squad player but 12k a week is a touch too much for that. Gallagher and Graham were our main strikers when we got relegated as well so that in itself is a worry. Wouldn't be totally against him coming back but I wouldn't be overjoyed if he did. On the fence with this one.. EDIT: Just seen its come from Nixon, probably bullshit anyway. He said we weren't signing Davenport then once he heard we were he backtracked. He knows nothing about Rovers these days Chaddy stop hanging on his every word it doesn't look good mate. 

Edited by Butty

Starting to get a little restless.. hope to be proved wrong but links to McFazden and Gallagher don't inspire me .. rothwell and Davenport have got little championship experience between them and if we are not careful we are gonna be In a dog fight to stay up before kicking off our first game

Just now, roversfan99 said:

like who? considering our budget please - its not really his job to state, weve got this apparent upgraded scouting network to take care of that. Silly question.

on his time at Birmingham, how many chances did the team created for him and the team style of play considering who the manager was for majority of the season - do you think he would get loads of chances here in comparison? No he wouldnt, his career goal record thus far is really poor.

you seem dismiss every player link we had recently - they are just all rumours at the moment, its clear that rarely are they true and we tend to sign players unmentioned. 

You'll actually find that you always think EVERY signing without fail we are linked with is a good idea. Theres no debate, everyone is a good signing.

That said, I try to take each potential signing on its own merits. Armstrong, Maddison - id very much like, Gallagher, Harrison and McFadzean - no thanks, do better. Kent, Chapman, Baeur, I am unsure, all 3 have potential plus points with also big reservations (Kent has been really poor in recent loan spells, Chapman has big injury question marks and if he wouldnt be a potential starter I wouldnt want him anyway, Baeur im not sure we need another centre back as a priority)

source is rubbish? how? - Nixon gets loads wrong as we all know. Talks shite.

Mowbray and Gallagher got on very well when Gallagher was here on loan last time - how do you know?

The point was if we signed 2 ex players, it would perhaps lack imagination as others have said, and render any scouting upgrades pointless if he was to just resort to players weve had before, Armstrong id like (permanently), but Gallagher I think we can do far better than him as mentioned previously.

well firstly if people wanted to moan then suggest players that fit within our budget. 

He got 11 goals in his loan spell here considering who we had as manager for the 2/3 of the season I see it as very decent. 

I don't think every players is a good signing actually so please make things up. 

I would like Armstrong or Gallagher here this season and if the budget allows both. I would like Chapman here permanently and Kent on loan. 

Didn't Nixon mention Davenport earlier in the summer and Pete O'Rourke last January for the Rothwell signing so both players were linked with us actually. 

I know

a scouting network takes months after months to set up and put in place. 

Just now, Butty said:

It's all good having a new scouting system but if you can't get the green light from above to sign them or if you can't afford the players you find it's pointless. If we're now being linked with a player we had before is that not just a bit worrying to you chadster?

No

We need height up front desperately and he's proved he can score goals at this level plus well he's better than Samuel so it's an interesting one although I think he'll end up somewhere that's prepared to pay a big loan fee.

Not against Gallagher coming.  Thought he had potential.  Reminded me a bit of Di Santo.  Mobile front man.  However, as others alluded - pricey by our current standards.  Now if we were to start the season with Gallagher up top - with Dack, Armstrong and Maddison  behind him and Chapman on the bench (and not 3 at the back) that would be interesting.

#Won'tHappenCan'tAffordIt

7 hours ago, RovingRover said:

I know I will get flack for saying this. But I liked Marcus.
Sure he had some hit and miss games. But he stuck in some important goals.
He didn't have pre-season with the club as other forwards did. In fact who knows how he'd have cracked on with a full pre-season.

Did I mention his goals to games ratio is far better than Samuel and Nuttall.

His goals in November were important pushing forward into our automatic promotion push and let's not forget he got the (PFA) Player of the Month award, going on to win the PFA Player of the Month award. Just a shame he picked up that injury.

I wouldn't want to re sign antonnsson. I agree I think he is a better forward than Samuel and nuttall. He did ok and played his part last season and I wish him all the luck in the world at his new club but we need something different up top. Pace, strength, height, a trick or two, a natural finisher. What ever tm decides we need for the system he is playing antonnson is not the answer.

Regarding Gallagher if he was a permanent signing then I would be happier. If we sign another striker then I would be delighted to have him as an option because we are so light up top if Graham got injured. I thought he did really well here last time in a poor side. He played in a poor side last season and I never saw him play so can't comment on that but with two years experience in the league behind him and dack supplying him I think he would be an adequate signing

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Just been reading the yesterday's posting on here so sorry to bring old debates back. There were time last season when Nyambe was targeted by the opposition last season but there were also times when Williams was as well. This was because their positional sense is questionable at best. Nyambe did improve as the season progressed as his confidence improved and to call him poor is a little harsh. 

If we play 3 at the back I suspect this is not going to improve the situation.

To move onto the 4th choice centre half, personally I wouldn't be looking at a 31 year old just relegated with Burton. I don't know the player but if we need a 4th choice Wheaton, Platt or Williams are surely fine to cover for the odd game. Signing someone who is happy to be fourth choice is wrong on all levels. If we are signing a new centre half he has to be challenging for either of the two starting positions and then Downing becomes fourth choice. It is the only way the squad improves. Previous managers have signed squad fillers and is why we went backwards.

Finally Sam Gallagher is an improvement on Samuel and Nuttall but should under no circumstances be considered as a main striker. He has proved that he can play the wide forward role that Samuel and Antonnson was asked to play last season but was found wanting when he played down the middle.

• Like 1

• Backroom

So Chaddys new rule is you can’t be unsure about a potential signing without naming a replacement?

We’re football managers now I guess, unless BRFCS is the ‘new scouting structure’ 

Fact is we expect the club and its scouts to be a bit more thorough than us, regardless I think Gallagher is a lazy link and not a live target.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

So Chaddys new rule is you can’t be unsure about a potential signing without naming a replacement?

We’re football managers now I guess, unless BRFCS is the ‘new scouting structure’ 

Fact is we expect the club and its scouts to be a bit more thorough than us, regardless I think Gallagher is a lazy link and not a live target.

I dont have rules Tom but recently every player linked some people have complain at. Who were you expecting us to sign? Ronaldo or Messi? Think some people need to be more sensible. 

Plenty of us watch alot of football Tom and these are website that can give you stats and player values like transfermarkt is one. 

Also Tom look at the transfer market at this level is crazy and some of prices are very much OTT for average players. You seen the prices for players who only 12 months left on contract. Would you pay over the odds for players?

Why is Gallagher a Lazy link? Seem very sensible potential signing to me. Scores goals at this level, good attitude and knows the club and manager.