BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont have rules Tom but recently every player linked some people have complain at. Who were you expecting us to sign? Ronaldo or Messi? Think some people need to be more sensible. 

Plenty of us watch alot of football Tom and these are website that can give you stats and player values like transfermarkt is one. 

Also Tom look at the transfer market at this level is crazy and some of prices are very much OTT for average players. You seen the prices for players who only 12 months left on contract. Would you pay over the odds for players?

Why is Gallagher a Lazy link? Seem very sensible potential signing to me. Scores goals at this level, good attitude and knows the club and manager. 

Ronaldo and Messi, nice strawman Chris.

You may watch plenty of football Chris but  you only seem to repeat the same names Chris once Nixon links them to us.

I expect you to list Gallagher in every post now alongside Clark Kent; then Nixon will link someone else and you’ll mention him every day as well. 

I’d rather we went for a Marriott type over Gallagher, more up front cost but a potential investment and would be our player.

Gallagher isn’t bad bad by any means but it would be disappointing if he emerged as our main striker target at this point and would imply other things haven’t come off.

If we have this new method in place I’m surprised we haven’t yet been linked with more unknown quantities from abroad rather than a striker we all could have mentioned.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

Personally I don’t want Gallagher back. He was part of our relegation squad and only just survived last year with Birmingham. A reminder of the worst of times when we need to be looking forward.

At the end of the day though it will come down to the quality we can afford for the budget available.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothings changed then. It's been like that for weeks.

Maybe Dack wants proof of quality player incomings or indeed bids, for him.

Well Antonsson choosed Malmö FF and may play Champions League football. He was way better than Nuttal and Samuel with his attitude and did score more goals and he wanted to come

here. Sadly it did not happened and we shall see IF we can find better..

Edited by neophox

Just now, neophox said:

Well Antonsson choosed Malmö FF and may play Champions League football. He was way better than Nuttal and Samuel with his attitude and did score more goals and he wanted to come

He scored a few goals for us but sadly it was proven time and time again that he was weak in the tackle and was easily out muscled. The game at Oldham where he played up front really showed the weaknesses in his game and sadly he was physically not up to League One.

• Like 2

Mowbray wants a Big target man to compete with Graham. IF its Gallagher I think he could link up well with Dack and with Hopefully Armstrong coming in with the pace badly needed. Preferred system, probably 4-2-3-1. Defence sorted. Just cover needed. Two pacy attackers needed. One big striker needed. So around 5 new signings. 

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

He scored a few goals for us but sadly it was proven time and time again that he was weak in the tackle and was easily out muscled. The game at Oldham where he played up front really showed the weaknesses in his game and sadly he was physically not up to League One.

Have to say that both Samuel and Nuttal wasnt good enough for league one.

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont have rules Tom but recently every player linked some people have complain at. Who were you expecting us to sign? Ronaldo or Messi? Think some people need to be more sensible. 

Plenty of us watch alot of football Tom and these are website that can give you stats and player values like transfermarkt is one. 

Also Tom look at the transfer market at this level is crazy and some of prices are very much OTT for average players. You seen the prices for players who only 12 months left on contract. Would you pay over the odds for players?

Why is Gallagher a Lazy link? Seem very sensible potential signing to me. Scores goals at this level, good attitude and knows the club and manager. 

Agree about over inflated prices but sad to say if you want a player you will have to pay the going rate. If you don't you dont get the players. If we get a bad start then panic sets in and we'll pay even more.

10 hours ago, 47er said:

I know all that. Still a contrast between what has happened and what we were told. I'm guessing Venky intransigence and I hope I'm wrong.

Can't see why it isn't reasonable to worry though, no-one is actually panicking from what I've read.

What has been told to date was that Mowbray would not be held ransom to an overflated transfer market. As it stand our squad is good enough to stay up and that is all I want to see this year. Progress with an extra year of experience under our belt and some good hungry players. There are some exciting players being mentioned with the likes of Gallagher, Armstrong, Chapman, Maddison, even if we got half of them we would have a seriously good looking squad on our hands!

Just now, roverstdt said:

What has been told to date was that Mowbray would not be held ransom to an overflated transfer market. As it stand our squad is good enough to stay up and that is all I want to see this year. Progress with an extra year of experience under our belt and some good hungry players. There are some exciting players being mentioned with the likes of Gallagher, Armstrong, Chapman, Maddison, even if we got half of them we would have a seriously good looking squad on our hands!

But at the present we are weaker than last season and in a stronger league.

Is the market "inflated" or are these the prices now?  

Just now, 47er said:

BOTH.

Thanks to the Money floating around in the premiership - average premiership players are overpriced resulting in the overinflated prices cascading down the leagues

Just now, 47er said:

For me definitely inflated market when quoting 2m for Bauer who hasn't achieved much in his career it is cheeky. He should be worth 700k not more. I am all for spending money but I has to be right. I would argue our squad is about the same bar the striker situation it is pretty much the same. Chapman and Payne barely played the one we are missing is Armstrong. Antonsson i wouldn't want back, and our midfield is actually stronger in my eyes 

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Mowbray wants a Big target man to compete with Graham. IF its Gallagher I think he could link up well with Dack and with Hopefully Armstrong coming in with the pace badly needed. Preferred system, probably 4-2-3-1. Defence sorted. Just cover needed. Two pacy attackers needed. One big striker needed. So around 5 new signings. 

Gallagher makes sense in that he is mobile and quick and will provide the link for the likes of Dack to play off. He will also provide an outlet for when we're under the cosh which we will be this season at times. 

The LT have said 2 permanent signings and 2 loans still to come in. If he also wants a keeper then we may need more than 4.

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

It is a bit of mis information that he couldn't win a header. He did win some but he never found a Rovers player when he flicked it on. Another player who would struggle playing the lone striker role

Yep a load of bollocks just like the  Nyambe was targeted nonsense. Gallagher had some good games for us. I

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Looks like Leeds didn't rate him either and that's the level we're playing at now. The lad had no pace and no strength, he didn't really have a trick in him. He ran around a lot but to no great effect, I don't think I ever saw him win the ball in a one on one challenge with a defender. He was a decent finisher but didn't contribute much to team play. I'm relieved he's not coming back.

• Like 1

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Yep a load of bollocks just like the  Nyambe was targeted nonsense. Gallagher had some good games for us. I

Dingles is right and you are, as usual, wrong.

17 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Gallagher makes sense in that he is mobile and quick and will provide the link for the likes of Dack to play off. He will also provide an outlet for when we're under the cosh which we will be this season at times. 

The LT have said 2 permanent signings and 2 loans still to come in. If he also wants a keeper then we may need more than 4.

Gallagher may be " mobile and quick " but will he be able to hold the ball up ? I thought he was a lightweight when I saw him play. I agree with the other poster regarding his heading ability. Another one in the long list of 6' 1" players who jumped 5' 10".  I was hoping we could do better to be honest. Maybe other teams aren't interested in our magic beans. I think we can infer from the players we've been linked with that there is no real money coming from the Chicken Chokers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2