BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Kent was poor for Barnsley? Really? 

Aim a little higher then Gallagher? Like who???

Massive BS from you there. Maybe its time I ignore you for a while. 

Ive mention Gallagher, Armstrong and Chapman before the season ended

The other day you didn't want Maddison because he had no Championship experience. Chapman has no Championship experience. Armstrong only has bad experience 7 goals in 54 games. And in the last 2 years Gallagher has been relegated and stayed up on the last day. 

• Like 1

Just watching the Smallwood interview on IFollow on the Rovers site. Really interesting.
Seems like there was an undercurrent of annoyance from Smallwood not only about how long it took to get the new contract finalized, but also the length of the contract.

The contract is essentially a 12 months extension to his contract with likely increased wages. Personally I'd have liked him to get a longer deal and wonder why it wasn't a longer deal.

Has anyone else seen this interview, if so what do people think?

Just now, RovingRover said:

Just watching the Smallwood interview on IFollow on the Rovers site. Really interesting.
Seems like there was an undercurrent of annoyance from Smallwood not only about how long it took to get the new contract finalized, but also the length of the contract.

The contract is essentially a 12 months extension to his contract with likely increased wages. Personally I'd have liked him to get a longer deal and wonder why it wasn't a longer deal.

I think it's smart only giving him a 12 month extension.

Smallwood was excellent last season certainly In the first half of the season before his form tailed off.

You have to remember when with Rotherham in the championship they didn't think him good enough and he was loaned to league one. 

There are question marks over wether he is championship standard so I'm happy the club have only given him a 12 month extension

• Like 4

Just now, islander200 said:

Smallwood was excellent last season certainly In the first half of the season before his form tailed off.

You have to remember when with Rotherham in the championship they didn't think him good enough and he was loaned to league one. 

There are question marks over wether he is championship standard so I'm happy the club have only given him a 12 month extension

I'd agree with this. I like him as a player but there are question marks over whether or not he's good enough at this level. He'll get another deal in 12 months time if he proves himself and if he loves it at Ewood as much as he makes out, he'll take it.

Just now, RovingRover said:

So it takes the contract to 2020 which I think is fair enough , gives him enough incentive to earn a new one when we are back in the Premiership the season the contract ends :)

There are question marks over whether he is championship standard so I'm happy the club have only given him a 12 month extension

Fair point. Although it might have made sense to have an optional 12 month extension to his contract tacked on...

9 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

This is what happens when rewards of new deals get handed about after promotion. Everyone wants one and everyone wants the best one. Goes with the turf and I hope they try to justify them next season not kick back resting on them thinking job done.

Again I’ve been drawn to comment on this thread. I’m sure I speak for the majority of people who simply want to come on here and read peoples views on various players we get linked with my views below.

It seems at least 50% of posts are from this character called “Chaddyrovers”, every post has some form of passive aggressive tone, often quoting 5 different people in one, questioning each one with stuff like “really????, Why???? ” Etc.. This as you can imagine makes it very difficult to follow. 

When will the mods limit this tyrant so he can only post links?! He adds nothing but arguments and confusion. 

• Like 1

Just now, harryl said:

Again I’ve been drawn to comment on this thread. I’m sure I speak for the majority of people who simply want to come on here and read peoples views on various players we get linked with my views below.

It seems at least 50% of posts are from this character called “Chaddyrovers”, every post has some form of passive aggressive tone, often quoting 5 different people in one, questioning each one with stuff like “really????, Why???? ” Etc.. This as you can imagine makes it very difficult to follow. 

When will the mods limit this tyrant so he can only post links?! He adds nothing but arguments and confusion. 

Elect this man 

Just now, harryl said:

In fairness if you don't like reading his comments then maybe skip through them or put him on ignore.

Bit much coming on here telling the mods what to do and also it seems speaking for everyone else.

I don't share a lot of chaddyrovers views when it comes to incoming signings but he has as much a right as the next man to air them. 

Just now, harryl said:

You don't speak for me.

In fairness if you don't like reading his comments then maybe skip through them or put him on ignore.

Bit much coming on here telling the mods what to do and also it seems speaking for everyone else.

I don't share a lot of chaddyrovers views when it comes to incoming signings but he has as much a right as the next man to air them. 

He has, but to be fair he has been spoiling the thread in recent weeks by treating each contribution to the thread as a personal affront and feeling the need to quote and reply to every one.

Guess if you're a regular on here you get  used to chaddy and to know and love him whereas if you're only an occasional viewer dipping in and out it must all look very odd.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just because people dont have a detailed scouting list of potential transfer targets under their arm doesnt mean they have to be satisfied with the targets linked through transfer rumours. You need to realise this.

Was a joke chaddy. Chill out.

Very easy to research and look at possible targets. They are websites out there to help aswell

6 minutes ago, harryl said:

No way are 50% posts from me in this thread. A complete OTT reaction from yourself. 

And no way am I aggressive either. 

15 minutes ago, harryl said:

jesuisg.png

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I think the only people that should have got new deals on the back of promotion were Raya, Lenihan and Dack.

No -one else is good enough to be particularly worried about for me, if they think the grass is automatically greener elsewhere then good luck to them.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

So what you are saying is that if the general price of players does not drop we will go into the season with what we've got? I also don't think Mowbray decides what we are paying. He will have given a wish list and a rough estimate of cost. The finance people will then take over.

I generally think we've misjudged the market and our buget is too low in today's market. If we had gone for Rhodes on loan for example our estimated budget would be blown on a player we did not own. 

Excellent post. That's my reading of the situation also. I was told from a good source that TM knew who he wanted for tbis season and had presented his wish list to the Board almost before automatic promotion had been mathematically confirmed.

The lack of incoming activity and TM's recent comments about being "hopeful" make me think that We're making League 1 size offers for Championship players and having no joy whatsoever.

Obviously I can't prove this, just as those who claim we have adequate money to spend can't prove they're right either until said money is spent.

Still two or three weeks to go and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating eventually.

• Like 1

Our budget being low isn't becuase we  "misjudged the market". Do you think if Mowbray and Waggott judged it differently venkys would hand over 30 million? 

The market is what it is and our budget is set. Mowbray is trying to do his best with what we have. He has gotten two promising you players in, that's an aside from completely rebuilding the team last summer. Some fans need to be realistic about the job that Mowbray has to do here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Our budget being low isn't becuase we  "misjudged the market". Do you think if Mowbray and Waggott judged it differently venkys would hand over 30 million? 

The market is what it is and our budget is set. Mowbray is trying to do his best with what we have. He has gotten two promising you players in, that's an aside from completely rebuilding the team last summer. Some fans need to be realistic about the job that Mowbray has to do here. 

No but it may have had the possiblity of a bit extra. The charade of coming back and implying there was an adequate budget in place may have been avoided giving us fans hope of a decent summer of transfer activity.

By the way I am being realistic in all of this and maybe it was Mowbray and Waggott being the ones being unrealisitic in their budget. We don't have to spend millions more, Preston proved that last season and in this close season but Bolton also proved last season that too small a budget causes major problems.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

No but it may have had the possiblity of a bit extra. The charade of coming back and implying there was an adequate budget in place may have been avoided giving us fans hope of a decent summer of transfer activity.

By the way I am being realistic in all of this and maybe it was Mowbray and Waggott being the ones being unrealisitic in their budget. We don't have to spend millions more, Preston proved that last season and in this close season but Bolton also proved last season that too small a budget causes major problems.

We don't know what the budget is yet though, so it's all speculation at this point. We won't know until the window closes 

• Like 1

Well also worth remembering that there should be some money left over from January as Mowbray said he didn't spend all of it. 

Maybe we'll do the same this summer. Spend a small amount of money and then after the window shuts claim more was available to spend but that it wasn't worth spending it?

We don't know what the budget is yet though, so it's all speculation at this point. We won't know until the window closes 

I accept we don't know the budget, that it how it should be, but the signs are there that things are not going to plan. Mowbray wanted the majority of his signings in place ealry doors but only two have arrived.

There is no need to panic yet and if we spend and bring in players in the coming weeks then I'll happily admit that I was wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, harryl said:

Tyrant ?  That's a bit strong but You'll never silence the Chadster  ??

• Like 1

I feel like "completely rebuilding the team" is a bit of an exaggeration; I actually feel that his work in the transfer market has been very hit and miss, in particular his permanent signings. I think that the crux of Mowbrays good work was how he used the squad that was already here, many of whom were under performing for various reasons in the year before, Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams, Evans, Conway, Bennett and Graham, with the only significant improvements to our first team being Dack and Smallwood. Aside from this, hes brought in Samuel, Downing and Bell as squad players and Gladwin and Hart who arent even good enough to do that. Of course he wisely sprinkled in some loans to give us some punch in attack who have since departed.

I just want to take issue really to the sentence "Some fans need to be realistic about the job that Mowbray has to do here." 

We all want to see a squad improved from the one that was a League 1 squad last year, and failed in the Championship the year before. We have lost Armstrong, Chapman, Payne and Antonsson from last season, and we need to at least be going into the season with a squad thats equal to what we had last year. Its a point ive made with chaddy numerous times, its no good settling for players that wont improve us, just to cater for potential budget restraints. If potential signings wouldnt improve us, in peoples opinions, then to be realistic is not a viable argument to come back with. If the signings we do we make are clearly as a result of a restricted budget, then people are likely to be more unhappy towards the owners than the manager anyway, so theres no need to be apologetic on his behalf.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Meaning he never sets the world alite where ever he goes .. I just don't think he's any good 

Many with short memories, as well as scoring 10+ goals for us, gally won us plenty of penalties I can recall! U won't see that in the stats when u look it up