BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, islander200 said:

Sharpe still saying on Twitter will be two permanent and two loan signings brought in on top of the two we have signed already 

Looking back over recent LT articles that has been his prediction throughout the window. We'll soon see if he was right although of course it's not simply a case of bringing extra bodies in, they need to be of the right quality as well.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Reason why is because your examples of our experience seemed to stop at Samuelson, Byrne and that nobody fullback from West Ham..

It’s wasted to mention some of our best recent signings started on loan - and if Chapman and Armstrong sign this month, that will be more examples of the benefit of using a loan system to add to a squad.

2015’s JHR wouldn’t have jumped to the conclusion that we’ve finished our business 20 days before the season starts. The same guy wouldn’tve suggested the “keeping powder dry till January” was a rouse/smokescreen for the owners to lie to fans. 

I look forward to you returning to the middle ground at some point. 

Can’t believe you’ve now started taking on JHRover - one of the best posters on the site!

”It’s not me it’s you” :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Can’t believe you’ve now started taking on JHRover - one of the best posters on the site!

”It’s not me it’s you” :rolleyes: 

I agree that he’s one of the best posters on the site, hence why I moved on and gave up trying to have a discussion with you many yonks ago.. ;) 

Just now, Biz said:

I agree that he’s one of the best posters on the site, hence why I moved on and gave up trying to have a discussion with you many yonks ago.. ;) 

Ouch. First me then Stuart. Cut to the quick with a few deadly strokes of the keyboard!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We haven't seen Rothwell play yet, plus there appear to be major question marks about his ability to stay fit so it's impossible to say at this stage whether or not he'd be a better siygning than Payne.

Prior to the transfer window I usually agreed with your posts but Your insistence that the squad is well equipped to tackle the Championship and that things are completely on track seems somewhat bizarre.

To date we haven't brought in anyone with Championship experience or higher and are minus Chapman, Antonsson, Armstrong and Payne from the squad that tackled League 1 last season so to me it defies logic to make out that the squad is anything other than weaker than the one we utilised to take on a lower League last season.

Plus - Oldham fans were questioning us signing Rothwell when Payne couldnt make our team - Payne started ahead of Rothwell for them. 

7 minutes ago, Biz said:

It was a great relief I can tell you.

• Like 1

Difference between JH and Biz is that JH doesnt have that arrogant undertone whereby I am so much more intelligent than you so please bow down. Not always agreed with JH but you know he has a class about him. 

Edited by JacknOry

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Difference between JH and Biz is that JH doesnt have that arrogant undertone whereby I am so much more intelligent than you so please bow down. Not always agreed with JH but you know he has a class about him. 

Isn't is nice when we say good things about each other. We're moving in the right direction on here ;) hopefully we get some singings over the line soon or this new found love for each other might go back to the usual squalor :P 

Just now, Butty said:

Isn't is nice when we say good things about each other. We're moving in the right direction on here ;) hopefully we get some singings over the line soon or this new found love for each other might go back to the usual squalor :P 

I don’t think calling someone an arrogant smug twat in a sly backhanded way is “nice”

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ok you win you've got round me with flattery. Lol.

I'm not averse to the loan system per se if it is used sparingly to add a bit of pizzazz and the finishing touches to your transfer business. Ideally you'd like someone truly exceptional that you could never afford to buy outright in a month of Sunday's like Woodburn from Liverpool or Foden from City. As OH says though you're heading for trouble if you're trying to make it the staple of your business purely to avoid paying transfer fees.

One of my main objections to relying on the loan system though is the element of uncertainty. At least if you're in to buy a player permanently things are under your control to the extent that if you want to you can keep upping your offer until you get your man.

If you're relying on Premier League loans after the transfer window has shut then the bigger Clubs are under no obligation whatsoever to let their players go out on loan to the lower leagues. You've no real idea whether players will be made available to loan or even if they are if they're in the positions you want or if they fancy joining you. And if it all comes to nothing it's too late to do anything about it then.

Completely agree with that.  90 percent of loans made should be with an option to buy.  No problem at all with that model.  The 10 % should be the premier league gem.

I think the reality is we don't have an large pile of cash and therefore we must must must be clever with it. I don't Bauer is the be all end all I would be happy to see Wharton given a chance as 4th back up. I would like to see 2 strikers in. Armstrong and Gallagher as my preference with options to buy. Maddison would be a marquee signing with the stats that he has. And Chapman would be the cherry on the cake 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Reason why is because your examples of our experience seemed to stop at Samuelson, Byrne and that nobody fullback from West Ham..

It’s wasted to mention some of our best recent signings started on loan - and if Chapman and Armstrong sign this month, that will be more examples of the benefit of using a loan system to add to a squad.

2015’s JHR wouldn’t have jumped to the conclusion that we’ve finished our business 20 days before the season starts. The same guy wouldn’tve suggested the “keeping powder dry till January” was a rouse/smokescreen for the owners to lie to fans. 

I look forward to you returning to the middle ground at some point. 

I prefer signings to loans for all the obvious reasons. This is a view I share with the manager of our club.

If you're tweeting accounts like this hoping for a scoop Chaddy then it really is desperate times for us Rovers fans at the minute... ITK my arse :lol: come on Chadster don't get too silly. 

IMG_9759.PNG

IMG_9760.PNG

• Like 1

Should we be even more worried that Chaddy has stalkers on Twitter tracking his every move? Lol.

Good old Chaddy. God loves a trier.

I wondered where he'd gone today. I thought he might have gone to lie down in a darkened room because Nixon had said "Mowbray not happy at Blackburn. Sick of chucking loose change at Clubs and being ignored" Or something.

36 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I think the reality is we don't have an large pile of cash and therefore we must must must be clever with it. I don't Bauer is the be all end all I would be happy to see Wharton given a chance as 4th back up. I would like to see 2 strikers in. Armstrong and Gallagher as my preference with options to buy. Maddison would be a marquee signing with the stats that he has. And Chapman would be the cherry on the cake 

100% agree

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Should we be even more worried that Chaddy has stalkers on Twitter tracking his every move? Lol.

Good old Chaddy. God loves a trier.

I wondered where he'd gone today. I thought he might have gone to lie down in a darkened room because Nixon had said "Mowbray not happy at Blackburn. Sick of chucking loose change at Clubs and being ignored" Or something.

Hahaha I follow Chaddy on twitter so can't help seeing what he posts so I wouldn't call myself a stalker. I only sit in his back garden twice a week these days compared to five days a week. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

So if Armstrong has 2 years to go, might we be looking to do a loan deal for 12months, to keep his wages down on our side, with an agreed buyer fee next year?

Taking the £2.5m figure as an example:

£1.25m loan fee with reduced wage contribution this season, followed by £1.25m next summer?

• Like 1