BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, meadows said:

Armstrong has played Championship football for Newcastle, Barnsley and Bolton as well as appearing in the PL for his parent club. 

It isn’t aimed at AA it’s about Bradley Dack!

Edited by 1864roverite

21 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think you are forgetting that for the most part the quality of opposition will be a lot better than the likes of Rochdale, Fleetwood, Oxford etc.  At the moment our squad is weaker than the one that finished last season, its fact, 20 goals have left the team.

Of course you would say that. Considering on other threads i have seen you call some of the most passionate fans we have "idiots" from however many miles away you are, i'm not really sure your opinion counts.

The post you responded to here was me saying that I think we will carry out satisfactory business before the deadline. To then link that to claiming that I called passionate fans idiots is BS. 

Do not misquote me like that, be a man and actually play the ball. 

Whether my opinion matters to the likes of you is so insignificant to me, but thank you for your feedback. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

35 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Do we want Caddis to be ready soon? Ready to be sold is the only thing to be done. Absolute liability in the championship.

I find it unbelievable that he isn't at the required fitness levels to play in a pre-season friendly.

I'd say sell him but who's going to buy him?

I read that a League 2 club wanted Gladwin in January, so expect him to end up there. 

Hart is off to League 1 apparently, which is good.

Tomlinson to League 1 too, good also. 

I have no idea who would take Caddis. Mowbray said he was unfit, which,unless he has a very good reason, is unacceptable. He got a generous 2 year deal here, the least he should do is keep fit. 

See Payne has signed for Bradford on loan? Funny how things have gone for him. Played almost 30 games in the Championship the season Huddersfield won promotion, next thing he ends up on loan at Oxford. Back in League 1 now again. How does that even happen? 

y'know, being professional athletes and all that, you'd expect some clauses in the contract that a player should keep to a baseline fitness, BMI and all that jazz, failing which a contract may be terminated or reduced wages.

looking through the Austria pictures, one can spot Caddis still carrying a lot of timber

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I think the reality is we don't have an large pile of cash and therefore we must must must be clever with it. I don't Bauer is the be all end all I would be happy to see Wharton given a chance as 4th back up. I would like to see 2 strikers in. Armstrong and Gallagher as my preference with options to buy. Maddison would be a marquee signing with the stats that he has. And Chapman would be the cherry on the cake 

Totally agree with all that you said.

Just now, Tormund said:

Caddis should be arriving in a fit condition, not pitching up now and getting fit. Bloke is clearly not arsed. 

Even if he was fit, he should be nowhere near the first team. Let him train on his own until he's fit and hope someone from league 1 takes him.

Wouldn't even put him with the under 23's, poor professionalism and would just take the spot of some young lad who has ambitions higher than being a pub player

And if they don't then put him on gardening leave. If we're stuck with him on the books then I'd rather pay him to not play for us.

• Moderation Lead

A professional footballer being as unfit as Caddis has been since he's been here, is an absolute disgrace.

If we docked his wages until he got up to speed, I'm sure that would get him up to speed a little more quickly....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

A professional footballer being as unfit as Caddis has been since he's been here, is an absolute disgrace.

If we docked his wages until he got up to speed, I'm sure that would get him up to speed a little more quickly....

if only the kids and the young pros train like Ronaldo..the career is so short, so they should make the most of it

and oh dear, Caddis is a couple of years younger than Ronaldo. I know who is fitter

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Caddis had known lifestyle, weight and fitness issues well before we signed him.

TM knew this and, as I recall, commented publically on it pre signing.

Nothing appears to have changed, indeed his condition has possibly worsened.

The signing was odd at the time and so is the current situation where a manager states that a player he signed is, a year later, still unfit.

Rovers appear to want to be a support centre for disinterested footballers. It makes no logical sense.

All of this is before one considers the value of Caddis as a footballer and what he brings to our squad.

The owners and Waggot must be asking TM WTF is going on with this waste of space and money.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Caddis had known lifestyle, weight and fitness issues well before we signed him.

TM knew this and, as I recall, commented publically on it pre signing.

Nothing appears to have changed, indeed his condition has possibly worsened.

The signing was odd at the time and so is the current situation where a manager states that a player he signed is, a year later, still unfit.

Rovers appear to want to be a support centre for disinterested footballers. It makes no logical sense.

All of this is before one considers the value of Caddis as a footballer and what he brings to our squad.

The owners and Waggot must be asking TM WTF is going on with this waste of space and money.

I would say we are doing pretty well these days, apart from 2 players that spring to mind. 

It is strange that Caddis got a 2 year deal though. I don't understand that at all. Should have been 1 year , no doubt about it. 

If he is just unfit because of being unprofessional, I see no reason why we aren't talking steps to legally cancel his contract for breaching it. 

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

if only the kids and the young pros train like Ronaldo..the career is so short, so they should make the most of it

and oh dear, Caddis is a couple of years younger than Ronaldo. I know who is fitter

Ronaldo is like the ultimate role model for young lads. The shape he is in at his age is absolutely incredible. 

If you put Caddis and Ronaldo side by side with no tops on, people wouldn't believe you if you said they are both professional footballers, or the same species. Ronaldo is a freak of nature though, so probably unfair to compare him to any players, let alone Caddis 

• Like 1

Every club will have an odd player who doesn't contribute, can't get fit or whatever. We've had way more than our fair share over the years and the situation as present is nowhere near as bad as it has been in terms of numbers and cost of people sat around not fit for duty.

It was foolish to hand him a 2 year contract. I cannot understand why someone of his age and fitness would ever be given such a thing. Especially when the intention was always to be in the Championship this season where he would have an even higher standard to reach to be able to positively contribute to the cause.

Indeed I recall he had fitness concerns prior to coming here and he had a lengthy spell on trial to get himself fit and keep himself fit, so surely it ought to have been a 1 year deal then re-assess this summer.

The bloke has only recently turned 30 yet the photos in Austria he looked like he was 45.

Edited by JHRover

Fitness is a basic requirement of any professional footballer. Some people have problems controlling their weight but that's no excuse when diet and conditioning is so well understood these days. If Caddis has come back for pre-season training out of condition and overweight he is not fit (literally) to do his job. He should be fined. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say we are doing pretty well these days, apart from 2 players that spring to mind. 

It is strange that Caddis got a 2 year deal though. I don't understand that at all. Should have been 1 year , no doubt about it. 

If he is just unfit because of being unprofessional, I see no reason why we aren't talking steps to legally cancel his contract for breaching it. 

TM I expect truly thought that Caddis would mend his ways.

As you rightly intiate we only have a small number of miscreants.

I wonder if his wages can be claimed as a tax deductible charitable donation. Joking, he probably got a promotion bonus and wage increase following promotion.

I do however suspect the contract was a favour/ risk taken to an old friend, at Rovers expense.

• Like 2

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

TM I expect truly thought that Caddis would mend his ways.

As you rightly intiate we only have a small number of miscreants.

I wonder if his wages can be claimed as a tax deductible charitable donation. Joking, he probably got a promotion bonus and wage increase following promotion.

I do however suspect the contract was a favour/ risk taken to an old friend, at Rovers expense.

I have no idea, but he did well to get 2 years, very well indeed.

I get a huge surprise literally every time someone on here points out he is 30. I have it ingrained in my head that he is 33. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Fitness is a basic requirement of any professional footballer. Some people have problems controlling their weight but that's no excuse when diet and conditioning is so well understood these days. If Caddis has come back for pre-season training out of condition and overweight he is not fit (literally) to do his job. He should be fined. 

Personally I think It should be a sack-able offence. I know it isn't but it should be. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

He'll be nearly 26 by the time he returns to Chelsea - never played a game.

Chelsea have just loaned 'wonderkid' Mason Mount to Derby, the Lampard connection bearing fruit already. Wonder if he'll be another one who will spend the next 5 years moving around various Championship clubs on loan never to appear at Stamford Bridge.

Just now, R1verS1deBlue said:

Looking (& sounding) increasingly like we need to sell before we buy.

TM nursing DG, already making contingency plans for starting the season with no additions up front.

No idea how Derby have loaned a player from Chelsea when the PL clubs have only been back a couple of days and are taking the youngsters on pre-season to fill the void from the missing world cup stars.

Whatever will we hear next ? The team needs time to gel and get used to the division because we only got the group together AFTER pre-season.

I don't think we will be selling anyone of value. Re the striker and your comment on Mowbray http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16356342.striker-signings-a-priority-for-rovers-boss-mowbray/?ref=mac 

The reason Derby got him is because Frank Lampard is their manager