BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Nixon says there might be something about us in the paper tomorrow.

He didn't say "Bit in paper" so I asked him to say it properly.

He blocked me. ?

Delighted.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Nixon says there might be something about us in the paper tomorrow.

He didn't say "Bit in paper" so I asked him to say it properly.

He blocked me. ?

Delighted.

Welcome to the biggest club on twitter. I’ve been on that block list since 2014

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Last season's u18 shirt. The same as the senior away shirt but sponsored by the 100 Club rather than Dafabet.

ahh right, cheers

Can I admit to something? I am TWITCHY as all hell with the way things have been dragging on this summer. I always try to remain somewhat neutral with regards to the factions on here. 'The sky is falling in' crowd often make great points, as do the BIG DOG'S DOUBLEPLUS POSI-GANG*.

But the way that ambitions have slipped from 'get it done early' to 'pick up a few loans and see what happens' is really quite worrisome. Does anyone else get the nagging impression that the Vs are taking the mick with Mowbray?

Would love to be wrong, but the way the wheels have been grinding of late is not conducive to positive vibes.

*Hey man, you're a fellow Mick, so I'm allowed to slag ye, reet?

• Like 4

I am so sure we are in for Maddison. Peterborough chairman literally replies to all fans, but has avoided answering every single question from Rovers fans. Maybe Rovers asked to keep it quiet, that's how Mowbray usually likes doing business?

Just now, AAK said:

I am so sure we are in for Maddison. Peterborough chairman literally replies to all fans, but has avoided answering every single question from Rovers fans. Maybe Rovers asked to keep it quiet, that's how Mowbray usually likes doing business?

A signing of that calibre in the coming days would calm people down. I don't usually subscribe to the idea of making a 'big' signing but in circumstances like these were we to bring in a player with such an impressive reputation it would reassure a lot of people and settle some nerves. If nothing else it would suggest that the money is there and that it can be spent but that we are just playing the long and quiet game, rather than a more sinister development such as there being no more money or Venkys playing games.

Maddison must be close to going somewhere as the rest of the Peterborough squad have gone to Portugal this week, including the much sought after Marriott, yet Maddison hasn't travelled. Suggests that things are quite well advanced.  I agree reading his comments it all stacks up for it to be us but I still can't see it happening. It would be an impressive piece of business done on the quiet.

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

Really don't know what to think about this one. On the one hand, it doesn't seem like we have £2 million or whatever it would take to sign him when we'll need another 3 or so additional players. Also seems totally implausible that you can keep something like that secret these days.

Having said that, if you take him it face value then there simply aren't many clubs it could be! Really hope it's us anyway, first team looks okay apart from a massive Maddison-type-player hole in it.

10 minutes ago, AAK said:

Whenever I tweet Rich Sharpe about it he also doesn't say anything yet when iv asked him about other players he responds. Would be a quality signing 

16 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Can I admit to something? I am TWITCHY as all hell with the way things have been dragging on this summer. I always try to remain somewhat neutral with regards to the factions on here. 'The sky is falling in' crowd often make great points, as do the BIG DOG'S DOUBLEPLUS POSI-GANG*.

But the way that ambitions have slipped from 'get it done early' to 'pick up a few loans and see what happens' is really quite worrisome. Does anyone else get the nagging impression that the Vs are taking the mick with Mowbray?

Would love to be wrong, but the way the wheels have been grinding of late is not conducive to positive vibes.

*Hey man, you're a fellow Mick, so I'm allowed to slag ye, reet?

I don't know if I have a gang lol. Ya, of course you can, I am not that sensitive :) 

Time will tell on transfers. I'm not too worried, I think ,most teams are finding it challenging at the moment. The sooner we get them in the better, but I appreciate it isn't straightforward signing quality on a budget. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AAK said:

Hopefully he is in the new kit at the launch tomorrow :) 

The club does seem to be very good at the cloak and dagger stuff these days. Often no inkling of a signing until he’s sitting at the boardroom table with Mogga smiling proudly behind.

So it does makes me less concerned than in previous years, but the clock is ticking...

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ronaldo is like the ultimate role model for young lads. The shape he is in at his age is absolutely incredible. 

If you put Caddis and Ronaldo side by side with no tops on, people wouldn't believe you if you said they are both professional footballers, or the same species. Ronaldo is a freak of nature though, so probably unfair to compare him to any players, let alone Caddis 

Well, there can be other examples apart from Ronaldo. Examples to show dedication to the craft. There were also stories about Beckham taking hundreds of free kicks AFTER training, right? That’s how you get good, get better and the journey to unerring free kicks (re: vs Greece). Having said that though, he got his bird Victoria on nights out, didn’t he ??

• Like 1

Just now, TruRover said:

Our business would go from pretty average to pretty good if we could pull it off, as I've said could make or break our window. However feel like we are setting our selves up to be disappointed.

I remember someone on here coming on and breaking the news about Craig Bellamy signing for us a few days before he joined, he hadn't been linked anywhere with us and it seemed really far fetched that we would land a player of that quality that summer, and everyone including me scoffed at it and told them they were talking nonsense.

You do never know in this crazy game, you would think it can't really drag out too much longer one way or another so lets see, it would give us all a great boost.

• Like 2

Feel like if we can get in chapman and and Maddison (or someone of that ilk) then our matchday squad wouldn't look to bad.

Raya

Nyambe - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell

Smallwood - Davenport

Bennet - Dack - Maddison

Graham

Subs: Leuwiter, Williams, Travis, Rothwell, Conway, Chapman, Samuel. 

We'd also have Downing, Evans, Whittingham available and any of the youth players who we don't loan out. We definitely need a decent striker on top of that but don't think that's too bad or a starting 11 and bench. Probably would prefer Chapman in the starting 11 but is impact of the bench could be very effective and also don't think he should start too many games early on in the season after coming back from a serious injury.

• Like 2