BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

The thing for Chapman is it’s mental as well as having physically recovered. If he’s apprehensive on sprints or stretching for the ball, mentally holding back, it could make him half the player that he was. And it would be hard for him if those injuries are always talked about whenever his name is brought up.

i do hope he has gotten back to his previous level, playing without fear. He still has potential to grow even better.

• Like 1

I keep scratching my head on the Chapman one. Last season when he was fully fit in League One Mowbray was reluctant to use him apart from letting him run at the opposition in the last 20 minutes. He made numerous comments about Chapman saying he still had a lot to learn about the game and suggesting that he didn't fully trust him to start matches.

Since then we've gone up a division, to a league that Chapman hasn't played in, and he's fresh off the back of 2 serious injuries which have kept him out of action since before Xmas.

I'd just be surprised if he was a top target given his injuries and lack of starts he had last time here. I wouldn't be against him coming back if fit but get the impression Mowbray might have other ideas.

• Like 1

Alan Nixon has the social skills of a man-eating lion. But he does from time to time have some valuable input. For instance when we were linked to Davenport it was suggested we would be signing him on loan. Nixon correctly said we would be signing him on a long-term contract.

I am a member of the Alan Nixon blocked club by the way.

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Feel like if we can get in chapman and and Maddison (or someone of that ilk) then our matchday squad wouldn't look to bad.

Raya

Nyambe - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Bell

Smallwood - Davenport

Bennet - Dack - Maddison

Graham

Subs: Leuwiter, Williams, Travis, Rothwell, Conway, Chapman, Samuel. 

We'd also have Downing, Evans, Whittingham available and any of the youth players who we don't loan out. We definitely need a decent striker on top of that but don't think that's too bad or a starting 11 and bench. Probably would prefer Chapman in the starting 11 but is impact of the bench could be very effective and also don't think he should start too many games early on in the season after coming back from a serious injury.

We badly need a striker to support Graham. We can have all the wingers going, but if Graham is injured that first 11 lacks a real goal threat. 

We scored 82 goals last season.We would need at least 70 to get into the play offs next season and at least 60 to avoid relegation.  It is going to be an ask at a higher level. I think Mowbrays comments make it clear that he understands this very well 

I think Dack could get 20, but I don't think we can expect the same figures as last season from Mulgrew and Graham. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We badly need a striker to support Graham. We can have all the wingers going, but if Graham is injured that first 11 lacks a real goal threat. 

We scored 82 goals last season.We would need at least 70 to get into the play offs next season. 

Disagree. We badly need a striker for Graham to support!

• Like 2

Just now, RovingRover said:

Disagree. We badly need a striker for Graham to support!

Ah you could argue he did earn his shot to lead the line this year. It's just what DG will we get. Father time is catching up with him too, but older players have had great goal scoring seasons. We can hope he realises that his time is winding down at this level and he gives it a really good rattle. He has it in his locker. 

Ideally we would have another main striker though. Lets hope TM pulls one out of his magic hat 

2 hours ago, AAK said:

I am so sure we are in for Maddison. Peterborough chairman literally replies to all fans, but has avoided answering every single question from Rovers fans. Maybe Rovers asked to keep it quiet, that's how Mowbray usually likes doing business?

He didn't answer me either and I didn't even mention Maddison by name. Think the cheeky fecker even deleted the tweet so it must be true!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any idea who this player is

Screenshot_20180717-152152_Twitter.jpg

Cant believe thats been put in the links thread ?

Theres no player name! Just a chancer threatening a story.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is 5 realistic possible signings. Good sensible names. Cotterill at Bolton trying to earn a contract there. Holmes would be decent. Hector, Bauer and Kent linked already

https://roverschat.com/five-players-rovers-could-realistically-sign-in-the-summer-window/

Holmes would be decent, Cotterill too slow and not good enough.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maddison would be a great signing. Apparently WBA, Leeds, Forest and a few others are in for him too. Queue meltdown if we don't sign him.... :) 

The calibre we should be looking at, would be very happy with it but have we been directly linked?

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Derby has taken Harry Wilson from Liverpool on loan. Team to watch out for.

And Mason Mount. An experienced side with 2 sprinklings of exciting, attacking quality to go on top, loan signings that they would never be able to afford permanently, thats how to use the loan system. Cant be too reliant on it.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any idea who this player is

Screenshot_20180717-152152_Twitter.jpg

His first tweet was replying "daylight" in the race for a signing.Since then he has been tweeting that Sheffield United are close to signing a striker.My guess is and I could be totally wrong but that it will be a follow up story on Gallagher, telling us that we are in pole position to sign him as Sheffield United have gone elsewhere

Just now, islander200 said:

Why Norwich?They  have sold their best player in Maddison.Brought in Marshall who did well on loan at Millwall and Rhodes who has done nothing in two years

Rhodes got promoted 12 months ago no? Oliviera looks set to stay, big man and finisher combo. Pukki as back up.

Ivo Pinto the best RB in the league for me,  with Passlack on loan who qualified last year on loan at hoffenheim for the CL.

If Moritz Leitner ex Dortmund prodigy can get going again under Starke they’ve enough compliments on Hanley, Vrancic and Wildschut to get 6th. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is 5 realistic possible signings. Good sensible names. Cotterill at Bolton trying to earn a contract there. Holmes would be decent. Hector, Bauer and Kent linked already

https://roverschat.com/five-players-rovers-could-realistically-sign-in-the-summer-window/

• David Cotterill - Pass
  • Duane Holmes - Uncertain (not sold on him)
  • Patrick Bauer - A good option at the right price
  • Michael Hector - Why would we need him AND Bauer when we have Mulgrew, Lenihan and Downing?
  • Ryan Kent - Hyped up due to the club he is contracted at... We can do better!
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:
  • David Cotterill - Pass
  • Michael Hector - Why would we need him AND Bauer when we have Mulgrew, Lenihan and Downing?

Pretty said my own thoughts there

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Rhodes got promoted 12 months ago no? Oliviera looks set to stay, big man and finisher combo. Pukki as back up.

Ivo Pinto the best RB in the league for me,  with Passlack on loan who qualified last year on loan at hoffenheim for the CL.

If Moritz Leitner ex Dortmund prodigy can get going again under Starke they’ve enough compliments on Hanley, Vrancic and Wildschut to get 6th. 

They've a good blend of British experience combined with continental players. Bearing in mind that Rhodes and Hanley were two of our most reliable and consistent performers in our 2 near misses with the play-offs i think they're a decent shout for the top 6. They've a stronger squad than we had under Bowyer and won't be playing Lowe and Williamson in CM every week.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Absolutely. There squad is shaping up nicely. No reason why they won't be challenging for the play offs. 

16 minutes ago, RovingRover said:
  • David Cotterill - Pass

Imagine starting a league game with Conway on one wing and Cotterill on the other. Jesus god the thought of that makes me sick. I love Conway he's been a great servant but if you're going too start him you need someone with pace on the opposite flank. David cotterill would be an awful signing. Truly hope we aren't looking at him. Wouldn't be keen on any on that list except Bauer. Holmes did well last season but I can't see where he'd fit in to our side. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Rhodes didn't get promoted 12 months ago?.The foreign lads I don't know too much about.Oliviera is being linked with a move away as is Wildschut.I don't see them making the top six or being near the play offs myself

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

They've a good blend of British experience combined with continental players. Bearing in mind that Rhodes and Hanley were two of our most reliable and consistent performers in our 2 near misses with the play-offs i think they're a decent shout for the top 6. They've a stronger squad than we had under Bowyer and won't be playing Lowe and Williamson in CM every week.

Rhodes has not scored goals in two seasons.2 years is a long time in football.He has hardly played in two years

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Rhodes has not scored goals in two seasons.2 years is a long time in football.He has hardly played in two years

Give him chances he'll score. Doubt Norwich would be paying that much out if they weren't confident he could still do it.