BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

Imagine starting a league game with Conway on one wing and Cotterill on the other. Jesus god the thought of that makes me sick. I love Conway he's been a great servant but if you're going too start him you need someone with pace on the opposite flank. David cotterill would be an awful signing. Truly hope we aren't looking at him. Wouldn't be keen on any on that list except Bauer. Holmes did well last season but I can't see where he'd fit in to our side. 

Hector would be alright as an alternate to Bauer, but he wouldn't come to us as a bench option.

Just now, JHRover said:

Give him chances he'll score. Doubt Norwich would be paying that much out if they weren't confident he could still do it.

Don't think Sheffield Wednesday paid out that much out for him only to leave him on the bench every week?But that's exactly what happened,same with Boro.And he did get a chance with Wednesday certainly but he didn't take it

If it was just a case of create a chance for him and he will score he wouldn't be getting loaned out to Norwich would he?

Edited by islander200

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah if he were to be our next signing it would all but confirm Tony wasn't given the answers he wanted when he went India

Or Venkys gave him the answers they thought he wanted to hear and took advantage of Mowbray being such a genuine nice guy. Get him out of India and back to England and then we can turn the tap off again. I hope our next signing is a good one, if like you say it's David bloody Cotterill we are fooked. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah if he were to be our next signing it would all but confirm Tony wasn't given the answers he wanted when he went India

Funnily enough, that was where David Cotterill played last, earlier this year. Three appearances for a team there...

• Like 1

Presumably replacement for Maddison. Could find out where he's headed imminently now i'd imagine.

Peterborough UnitedVerified account @theposhofficial

FollowFollow @theposhofficial
More

✍️ SIGNING | We are delighted to confirm the arrival of @ManCity winger Isaac Buckley-Ricketts for an undisclosed fee. The England under 20 international has signed a deal until 2021. #WelcomeIsaac #pufc

12:30 PM - 17 Jul 2018
Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, meadows said:

Two years ago Rhodes was in the Middlesbrough squad promoted. 

Are you trying to be funny? If you digest the post I made you'd see the relevance made was in regards to the overall quality Norwich are assembling on the quiet.

30 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Lee Tomlin is surplus to requirements at Cardiff we should bring him in if the financials make sense, offers a lot that Dack does but can play anywhere in a 3 behind the striker 

No pace at all. We need pacy attacking players.

Billy Jones set to join Rotherham for free. May have been good competition for Nyambe at right back.

28 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Lee Tomlin is surplus to requirements at Cardiff we should bring him in if the financials make sense, offers a lot that Dack does but can play anywhere in a 3 behind the striker 

Has similar fitness question marks to Caddis.

I know this is going to sound incredibly naive. But is anybody else sick of 'make do' signings as opposed to signings that really excite people?

Yes we have some 'make do' signings last season that surprised many (Smallwood). But the only signing that I can think of from recent history that has genuinely got me excited has been Bradley Dack and even that came with a certain amount of risk.

If anybody from Venkys reads these forums (which is highly unlikely) it would be nice if they took on board the absolute apathy when it comes to expectations come transfer window time. Apathy can affect players who become fans of a club that they are playing for as well, not to mention it seeping down from the terraces.

Maybe being pleasantly surprised with not too high expectations is a good thing. But quality going into the Championship is essential and people can't help but worry.

I have tried to stay positive and compare the number of signings we made at this point last summer to now. But I don't think think Venky's are aware of the gravity of improvement that is needed for us to hold steady in the Championship this coming season.

I invite Venkys to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AAK said:

I am so sure we are in for Maddison. Peterborough chairman literally replies to all fans, but has avoided answering every single question from Rovers fans. Maybe Rovers asked to keep it quiet, that's how Mowbray usually likes doing business?

It shows how dire things are when people are desperately clinging onto the hope that We're in for a player when the only evidence that We're in for him is that There's no evidence whatsoever We're in for him at all but it hasn't been denied either!

It's a mightily impressive piece of collective straw grabbing. Let's hope everyone is correct with the deductions  gained from their super sleuthing and that it's not just a case of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with about six and a half.

• Like 1

Just now, RovingRover said:

If anybody from Venkys reads these forums (which is highly unlikely) it would be nice if they took on board the absolute apathy when it comes to expectations come transfer window time. Apathy can affect players who become fans of a club that they are playing for as well, not to mention it seeping down from the terraces.

Maybe being pleasantly surprised with not too high expectations is a good thing. But quality going into the Championship is essential and people can't help but worry.

I have tried to stay positive and compare the number of signings we made at this point last summer to now. But I don't think think Venky's are aware of the gravity of improvement that is needed for us to hold steady in the Championship this coming season.

I invite Venkys to prove me wrong.

Good post. It's about this time I would  hope that if the owners are taking an interest in us as was speculated on in another thread they are on the blower asking why we haven't landed any of our main or original transfer targets.

I would also hope that the message is sent back to India that We've misjudged the Championship market badly and more funding is needed if we hope to bring in players of the requisite quality.

We do have history for completely re-evaluating on the eve of the season. A few years ago our business was done, then Best got injured and thankfully with the benefit of hindsight £8m was spirited up out of nowhere for Rhodes.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Good post. It's about this time I would  hope that if the owners are taking an interest in us as was speculated on in another thread they are on the blower asking why we haven't landed any of our main or original transfer targets.

I would also hope that the message is sent back to India that We've misjudged the Championship market badly and more funding is needed if we hope to bring in players of the requisite quality.

We do have history for completely re-evaluating on the eve of the season. A few years ago our business was done, then Best got injured and thankfully with the benefit of hindsight £8m was spirited up out of nowhere for Rhodes.

Absolutely. Our routine over summer months has often been to sign a few early doors, let things drift and then squeeze some more business in at the back end in the last couple of weeks. Coyle was similar when Mulgrew, Gallagher, Williams and Emnes all turned up late on. Trouble is that they were after two big sales. Seems to be a hallmark of Venky summers.

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Dream world, Peterborough's new winger and Nixon's article is a clear sign that Maddison is coming to Rovers.

Realistic world, we are signing some unknown on loan.

If we were in for Maddison and Nicko knew he couldn’t keep quiet as he knows the Posh owner may spill at any time and Nicko needs to mention them first for the notches on his bed post......aye

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It shows how dire things are when people are desperately clinging onto the hope that We're in for a player when the only evidence that We're in for him is that There's no evidence whatsoever We're in for him at all but it hasn't been denied either!

It's a mightily impressive piece of collective straw grabbing. Let's hope everyone is correct with the deductions  gained from their super sleuthing and that it's not just a case of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with about six and a half.

Jeez, just when I thought you couldn’t get anymore patronising...

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Jeez, just when I thought you couldn’t get anymore patronising...

If the post came across as being in anyway patronising, it certainly wasn't intended to be and I've no idea why anyone would take it that way other than in your case for the purpose of launching yet another gratuitous insult.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with everyone being hopeful but whether we have any interest in the player remains to be seen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

I keep scratching my head on the Chapman one. Last season when he was fully fit in League One Mowbray was reluctant to use him apart from letting him run at the opposition in the last 20 minutes. He made numerous comments about Chapman saying he still had a lot to learn about the game and suggesting that he didn't fully trust him to start matches.

Since then we've gone up a division, to a league that Chapman hasn't played in, and he's fresh off the back of 2 serious injuries which have kept him out of action since before Xmas.

I'd just be surprised if he was a top target given his injuries and lack of starts he had last time here. I wouldn't be against him coming back if fit but get the impression Mowbray might have other ideas.

Possible that TM didn't feel he was physically up to a full 90 minutes?