BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Backroom

Think I’d rather have Chapman on a permanent than Clark Kent on loan if it’s an either or thing. Bristol fans seemed unsure about him.

When I say unsure if you search twitter they are pretty unanimous in their opinion if him - and it isn’t good.

Lets hope he’s improved!

edit - more worryingly it sounds like Bristol were fined by Liverpool for not playing him enough, a nice read about him here on a Bristol forum 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/194456-ryan-kent/

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Think I’d rather have Chapman on a permanent than Clark Kent on loan if it’s an either or thing. Bristol fans seemed unsure about him.

When I say unsure if you search twitter they are pretty unanimous in their opinion if him - and it isn’t good.

Lets hope he’s improved!

He was good the previous season at Barnsley.Maybe his confidence took a hit when things didn't work out for him in Germany in the first half of last season and he took that form with him when he joined Bristol.Would rather a permanent like Chapman or Maddison but I don't think Kent on loan is the worst signing in the world,he is quick and has a trick or two but going off his stats wouldn't be counting on him scoring many goals

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko story I think will be Sam Gallagher.  Probably a deal has been sort and Gallagher wants come back here. Plus Sheffield united had McGoldrick on trial there tonight. 

If McGoldrick can stay fit he will be a great signing for Sheff U. One of the most technically gifted players in this league, his injury record is atrocious though so a big gamble for them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Lets hope he’s improved!

edit - more worryingly it sounds like Bristol were fined by Liverpool for not playing him enough, a nice read about him here on a Bristol forum 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/194456-ryan-kent/

Interesting read, there was one comment from a Barnsley fan stating something a long the lines of it was like playing with 10 men for the middle part of the season when Kent lost form. Big questions over his attitude and application. I'd much rather us bring Chapman back on loan with a view too a perm than go for Kent. When you've not got much to spend the least you want is application and desire when you can't afford pure quality, this kid sounds like he's got issues.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very happy with this if it happens

Screenshot_20180717-234605_Twitter.jpg

That does surprise me!

Hes a quick, direct winger so he ticks a lot of boxes in that we dont have anything similar. So I can understand to an extent.

There are a lot of big question marks however.

He would be on loan so we need to make sure we also sign some more permanent signings. Need at least one permanant winger and forward to come in.

Bristol City were fined for not playing him as @Tom pointed out so what if its the same here? 

There are big question marks about his attitude which goes against Mowbrays insistence on not taking on anyone who could upset the dresssing room.

His time at Bristol City was a disaster, he was terrible. His time at Freiburg was equally poor. Hes never consistently impressed anywhere so its a big gamble.

If he does sign I will be underwhelmed, I am glad he will bring pace and directness as an option but there are many potential issues.

That said, its just a rumour so I will wait and see.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If the post came across as being in anyway patronising, it certainly wasn't intended to be and I've no idea why anyone would take it that way other than in your case for the purpose of launching yet another gratuitous insult.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with everyone being hopeful but whether we have any interest in the player remains to be seen.

I have never ‘launched’ anything at anyone. Most of the time I just read. It’s unsurprising that you’d make the allegation though as for some reason you like to portray some sort of feeling that you know more than everyone else.

The people on here looking at the evidence across multiple platforms to discuss transfers know far more than you do. Please stop patronising them and us readers with your flamboyant but empty words.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I have never ‘launched’ anything at anyone. Most of the time I just read. It’s unsurprising that you’d make the allegation though as for some reason you like to portray some sort of feeling that you know more than everyone else.

The people on here looking at the evidence across multiple platforms to discuss transfers know far more than you do. Please stop patronising them and us readers with your flamboyant but empty words.

Well done on breaking your duck.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That does surprise me!

Hes a quick, direct winger so he ticks a lot of boxes in that we dont have anything similar. So I can understand to an extent.

He would be on loan so we need to make sure we also sign some more permanent signings. Need at least one permanant winger and forward to come in.

Bristol City were fined for not playing him as @Tom pointed out so what if its the same here? 

There are big question marks about his attitude which goes against Mowbrays insistence on not taking on anyone who could upset the dresssing room.

His time at Bristol City was a disaster, he was terrible. His time at Freiburg was equally poor. Hes never consistently impressed anywhere so its a big gamble.

If he does sign I will be underwhelmed, I am glad he will bring pace and directness as an option but there are many potential issues.

What has been said about his attitude? I didn't hear that from friends that support Liverpool. 

I don't think it's as much of a risk as you say. It's a loan at the end of the day. I agree that we need to sign a winger also though 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What has been said about his attitude? I didn't hear that from friends that support Liverpool. 

I don't think it's as much of a risk as you say. It's a loan at the end of the day. I agree that we need to sign a winger also though 

It’s a risk if we bring him instead of alternatives and he doesn’t perform 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That does surprise me!

I still expect 4 more signings, 2 permanent and 2 loans. 

Yes I am aware that Bristol City were fined for not playing him but before we start worrying about that lets just calm down and see the terms before we start panicking for no reason and trust the Rovers management to do the right thing. 

Big Question marks about his attitude? can you tell me more about this please

Lets not before that Kent has played under Mowbray before and he performed under him plus his Barnsley time was good aswell. 

I don't you or others are underwhelmed by this potential signing at all and in truth be told I find it very odd that you feel that way. 

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s a risk if we bring him instead of alternatives and he doesn’t perform 

Every signing is a risk isn't it Tom. 

Mowbray knows Kent from his Coventry days and he performed under Mowbray then. Plus he did very well at Barnsley in the 16/17 season. 

Kent is underwhelming. He hasn't had any real impact in the championship in two loan spells. Bristol city were fined 500k for not playing him in enough games. I'd imagine it would be the same for us as that is liverpools policy. That would put TM on massive pressure to play him as we don't have 500k to waste. Really feel like there's better options out there. Would rather us get in our perm signings first aswell, but if it is true hoping he proves me wrong and is a success. 

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mentioned by @Butty at the top of the page.

I definitely think we need a pacy, direct winger. Im just unconvinced by his lack of success in previous loans and also the risk is how Liverpool penalised Bristol City and youd presume us for not playing him. So it has to be a success. Dont want to play him just to avoid being penalised.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I am aware that Bristol City were fined for not playing him but before we start worrying about that lets just calm down and see the terms before we start panicking for no reason and trust the Rovers management to do the right thing. 

Lets not before that Kent has played under Mowbray before and he performed under him plus his Barnsley time was good aswell. 

I don't you or others are underwhelmed by this potential signing at all and in truth be told I find it very odd that you feel that way. 

Mowbray knows Kent from his Coventry days and he performed under Mowbray then. Plus he did very well at Barnsley in the 16/17 season. 

Lets hope so.

We will never know the terms. I can understand it from Liverpools side to ensure hes playing. It may force Mowbrays hand to start him, weve seen with Chapman and Payne that he sometimes does handle pacy or flair players with caution, perhaps too much especially in Chapmans case last season. You might guess that his initial inclination would be to use him as a sub (due to lack of alternatives at the moment hed have to start anyway) so financial penalties might force his hand.

Attitude problems at Barnsley commented on by @Butty 

Because its a loan signing of a player who hardly set the world alight at Barnsley and whose career has regressed with poor loan spells at Freiburg and in particular, Bristol City. You cant just overlook that to suit your argument.

It is a risk yes, bigger than many loans assuming Liverpool insist on similar clauses which seem to be common now. He does tick a lot of boxes in terms of a pacy, direct winger so im happy with that but there are big questions about his end product, stats prove this with a lack of goals and assists. Form and potential financial penalties are my primary concerns.

All depends on the other signings. If we sign a couple of permanent attacking players to go with him and hes just one of our various options then it could be a shrewd signing. If hes amidst a series of loans then we may have a problem. As a standalone signing its a jury still out, could go either way.

Just now, TruRover said:

Kent is underwhelming. He hasn't had any real impact in the championship in two loan spells. Bristol city were fined 500k for not playing him in enough games. I'd imagine it would be the same for us as that is liverpools policy. That would put TM on massive pressure to play him as we don't have 500k to waste. Really feel like there's better options out there. Would rather us get in our perm signings first aswell, but if it is true hoping he proves me wrong and is a success. 

Had a good impact at Barnsley didn't he. played in 44 games in the league that season. 

better options? 

I would like Chapman and Kent. With Chapman as permanent signing. If we cant sign Chapman then I would look Moses Odubajo or Holmes from Scunthorpe 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has publicly said numerous times that he prefers to make permanent signings rather than loans and that he wants to assemble a squad of players that will be assets to the football club, develop at the club over a number of years, improve us over time and retain value that the club can realise should the need arise to sell them. He wants to build a squad over time that will gradually improve.

To be fair to him the signing of Davenport appears to fit that criteria.

So how does signing this guy on loan fit into that?

It strikes me that we've a similar budget to last year e.g. 1 million or so at the most to spread around the squad. In League One that sort of dosh goes a long way if you can land a Dack with it whilst keeping your Championship players, but in the Championship it won't get you very far whatsoever. So we're now onto Plan B which is to rely on the loan market where players can be picked up quickly on favourable financial terms from clubs happy to let them out for a year's development. Low risk and cheap but not a long term solution.

I'd love nothing more than these concerns to be unfounded and be me overreacting or getting ahead of myself but I'm not confident.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets hope so.

We will never know the terms. I can understand it from Liverpools side to ensure hes playing. It may force Mowbrays hand to start him, weve seen with Chapman and Payne that he sometimes does handle pacy or flair players with caution, perhaps too much especially in Chapmans case last season. You might guess that his initial inclination would be to use him as a sub (due to lack of alternatives at the moment hed have to start anyway) so financial penalties might force his hand.

Attitude problems at Barnsley commented on by @Butty 

Because its a loan signing of a player who hardly set the world alight at Barnsley and whose career has regressed with poor loan spells at Freiburg and in particular, Bristol City. You cant just overlook that to suit your argument.

It is a risk yes, bigger than many loans assuming Liverpool insist on similar clauses which seem to be common now. He does tick a lot of boxes in terms of a pacy, direct winger so im happy with that but there are big questions about his end product, stats prove this with a lack of goals and assists. Form and potential financial penalties are my primary concerns.

All depends on the other signings. If we sign a couple of permanent attacking players to go with him and hes just one of our various options then it could be a shrewd signing. If hes amidst a series of loans then we may have a problem. As a standalone signing its a jury still out, could go either way.

I think Kent will be playing if he comes. He knows Mowbray from Cpventry and that's might be why he wants to come here cos of that link and how well he played at Coventry. 

He was good for Barnsley and played a role in their season being good for promoted club that season. 

Kent is a pacey, tricky and skilful winger and that's what we need. 

Liverpool fans dont say he has Any attitude problems at all. I work with some of these. All saying the same thing. Guess we only know when/if he sign wont we

Edited by chaddyrovers
Add comment