Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Yes.

Limited availability in BBE and JW stands now with over a week of sales to go!

Best BBE tix I could get on Monday were at the edge in N05! Fantastic take-up.

WE. ARE. GOING UP!

Because I am sad I have gone to the effort of counting the empty seats - 350 left in JW and 65 left in bburn lower. So just from that, that's nearly 17 thousand home tickets. Too many in Riverside and DW to count but would say a good 1500 in Riverside sold and around 400 in Darwen end, so at the moment a guess of around just under 19,000 home tickets sold. Oxford will probs bring around 1000 with them being safe and last game, plus a first trip to Ewood for many, so looking at an attendance of 20k so far.

Just now, AAK said:

Because I am sad I have gone to the effort of counting the empty seats - 350 left in JW and 65 left in bburn lower. So just from that, that's nearly 17 thousand home tickets. Too many in Riverside and DW to count but would say a good 1500 in Riverside sold and around 400 in Darwen end, so at the moment a guess of around just under 19,000 home tickets sold. Oxford will probs bring around 1000 with them being safe and last game, plus a first trip to Ewood for many, so looking at an attendance of 20k so far.

Still a while until the actual game as well.... plenty of tickets to be snapped up! 

9 minutes ago, AAK said:

I did a rough totting up last night. JW holds about 11,000 but the end two blocks of the lower tier and last block of the upper tier at the Darwen End are still closed, so the capacity is probably more like 10,000 with a few hundred left available. BBE lower holds 5,000 and those are virtually all sold. So probably just shy of 15,000 there. About 600 or so in the DE sold, and I'd guess that at least 2,000 have been sold in the Riverside out of a 4,000 capacity, so I would estimate about 17,000 or maybe just over sold not including away fans.

34 minutes ago, AAK said:

Is BBE upper going to open?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I did a rough totting up last night. JW holds about 11,000 but the end two blocks of the lower tier and last block of the upper tier at the Darwen End are still closed, so the capacity is probably more like 10,000 with a few hundred left available. BBE lower holds 5,000 and those are virtually all sold. So probably just shy of 15,000 there. About 600 or so in the DE sold, and I'd guess that at least 2,000 have been sold in the Riverside out of a 4,000 capacity, so I would estimate about 17,000 or maybe just over sold not including away fans.

I don't think the end block of upper is closed now mate, but you may be right about lower tier end, although that wouldn't make sense with away fans now in upper, should open it, didn't think of that, so yeh maybe 17-18k home tickets.

13 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

It just shows what cheap ticket prices can do. Be interesting with add ons, beer and pies etc, how a cost vs benefit analysis would stack up.... just a thought! 

At 6 quid for a pie and a pint it would stack up very favourably I'd imagine. 

It was only a £5 in the Souness era promotion game, and we had a lot more ST holders then.

Shows the difference (relative) success makes, the Villa game last home match of last season was also a £10 and from memory there were only around 15,000 Rovers fans there.

I don't go to many games due to living over in Ireland, but going off the fan videos and player comments this season, it would benefit everyone to have more supporters both home and away. In some of the fan footage of the Doncaster game ,it seemed like the supporters were willing the ball into their goals. Anfield apart there I haven't seen fans sing or cheer as much in the bloody Champions league this season! 

As mentioned above, cheaper tickets just mean fans will go and end up spending money on food and drinks there. Happens over here with Rugby and the international football team too, excessive pricing on tickets means they just lose out on additional revenue from other sources. If you go and bring a couple of kids its an expensive practice when you add in food and drink. Plus the benefit of having more supporters getting behind the lads ffs! For certain games tickets should be cheaper, at certain times of the season they should be cheaper. Something like the first 5 home games for a tenner a game. This would get fans interested early in the season and also create the bond with the team, particularity if we start well :) 

Archived