BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Oxford game is the perfect opportunity for the club to announce season ticket prices for next year. Looking like having potentially 20,000 Rovers supporters in the ground basking in promotion celebrations, an ideal time to try and push good sales for next season rather than leaving it until the barren summer months.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think the Oxford game is the perfect opportunity for the club to announce season ticket prices for next year. Looking like having potentially 20,000 Rovers supporters in the ground basking in promotion celebrations, an ideal time to try and push good sales for next season rather than leaving it until the barren summer months.

Great idea...with a deadline to lock in and secure your 'offer price' like they did last summer. £279 in BBE is a steal in any division.

7 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Premier Inn and Fernhurst sold out... Travelodge has rooms left. 

Try the new Marstons hotel opposite the  Euro Garages head office on Haslingden Road. Just off 5 junction on The M65 

21 hours ago, bob fleming said:

Really? It’s miles away from Ewood!

Its not that far, it is Langho and if he is struggling everywhere else, it is a good option. Not only that, if he is having a couple of nights, then it is a lovely place to say and I would back it against the Fernhurst or the Travel Lodge every day of the week.

51 minutes ago, lraC said:

Its not that far, it is Langho and if he is struggling everywhere else, it is a good option. Not only that, if he is having a couple of nights, then it is a lovely place to say and I would back it against the Fernhurst or the Travel Lodge every day of the week.

Aye, fair play mate, sorry. It’s probably about 4-5 miles from Ewood mind you, but I’d expect it will be much nicer than those two you mentioned.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

BBE and JW stands now virtually sold out...great to see.

Nothing on my row in JW upper. Bringing two mates and they’re on the row in front, ha. (My birthday the Tuesday after so tying that in with last game of the season).

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Seriously? That's seems a hell of a lot.

How many away fans?

The JW is virtually full from those seats available to purchase. Around 1000 weren't available near the Darwen End side so I'd guess at least 9,500 of the 11,000 in there are taken. BBE lower is completely full, so 5,000. There's at least 1000 home sold in the Darwen End, and the Riverside is looking like being at least 75% full at present so there's another 3,000 or so. All in all I'd guess at least 18,500 sold in the home areas at present. No idea how many Oxford are bringing but with cheap tickets and new ground syndrome for a few of their fans maybe more than they might usually take away.

Was it yesterday that the club tweeted 7k tickets had been sold for this game on top of season tickets? With ST's at around 8.5k (did they ever release the actual figure, including half season tickets?) that would make it around 15- 16k sold.  If so they've shifted a lot over the last 24/48hrs to get to 18.5k. It's possible but you'd think unlikely. Maybe ST's including half season tickets were closer to 10k?

Not sure where @AAK is getting 21k sold from unless Oxford are bringing over 3k.

if all this is actually true we will probably have double our average crowd on next Saturday. It's amazing what reasonable ticket prices can do.

Someone tweeted on the official timeline yesterday that they'd heard 20k sold but the club responded by saying we aren't at 20k.

I'd be thinking more conservative at around 16/17 thousand about now but i'm sure it'll go over 20k. Certainly not to be sniffed at.

13 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Seriously? That's seems a hell of a lot.

How many away fans?

107 seats left in JW, out of 11k, so that's 10,893 sold
1 seat, yes just 1, left in blackburn end lower, so that's 4999 sold
Two middle blocks in Riverside hold 2900 and there is 132 left in those two blocks, so that's 2768 sold
The two end blocks in Riverside hold a combined total of just over under 1400, and there are around 700 unsold, hard to count when more empty, so thats around 700 sold
Darwen end, from a real quick count, around 650 sold ( I haven't included the middle bit, of Darwen end as that is were all the netting is and they won't be sold)
Oxford have sold just over 600

That's 20,610 in total (give or take 2-3 hundred) and then you have all the hospitality which is included, and you get a good fair few in there. 

Rovers confimed thursday morning (so that doesnt include all sold, thursday, friday and this morning) that 17.5k in total for home fans, so I reckon my calculations could be more or less correct mate.

18 hours ago, ewoodpo said:

Try the new Marstons hotel opposite the  Euro Garages head office on Haslingden Road. Just off 5 junction on The M65 

Sold out now too. I always stay in the Fernhurst. Any other ideas?

24 minutes ago, AAK said:

107 seats left in JW, out of 11k, so that's 10,893 sold
1 seat, yes just 1, left in blackburn end lower, so that's 4999 sold
Two middle blocks in Riverside hold 2900 and there is 132 left in those two blocks, so that's 2768 sold
The two end blocks in Riverside hold a combined total of just over under 1400, and there are around 700 unsold, hard to count when more empty, so thats around 700 sold
Darwen end, from a real quick count, around 650 sold ( I haven't included the middle bit, of Darwen end as that is were all the netting is and they won't be sold)
Oxford have sold just over 600

That's 20,610 in total (give or take 2-3 hundred) and then you have all the hospitality which is included, and you get a good fair few in there. 

Rovers confimed thursday morning (so that doesnt include all sold, thursday, friday and this morning) that 17.5k in total for home fans, so I reckon my calculations could be more or less correct mate.

Great news. Still a week to go too. If we're still in with a chance of the title I can see them shifting a lot more next week. This could be the most home fans on a game for a long time. Liverpool in the cup must have been about 22k

Just now, Stuart said:

Premier Inn by the station?

No. Full on their website. I'd not planned to get over again this year, so a bit last minute. Looks like it's further afield and a hire car. Nothing wrong with that.

Archived