BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

The Fernhurst (and even Willows) still have double rooms available according to booking.com

I'm still getting unavailable for both mate. That's for the Saturday night. Only getting a couple of B&Bs in the area. Will give them a call.

Just now, Doaksie said:

I'm still getting unavailable for both mate. That's for the Saturday night. Only getting a couple of B&Bs in the area. Will give them a call.

How about  accommodation (Premier Inn & Holiday Inn express ) at Cuerden/Bamber Bridge. then a short taxi ride to Bamber Bridge station & train to Mill Hill? Just a thought.

40 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Sold out now too. I always stay in the Fernhurst. Any other ideas?

If you check on line The Dunkenhalgh has availability through Expedia. Or you might want to try a hotel in Preston. 

1 hour ago, Doaksie said:

No. Full on their website. I'd not planned to get over again this year, so a bit last minute. Looks like it's further afield and a hire car. Nothing wrong with that.

Have you tried Dunkenhalgh? Nearer to Accy, but only a 10-15 mins drive in a taxi, usually charge about £10 for that journey. The Astley bank in Darwen will be free, but it will be about £150 for 2 nights.

Doaksie - https://www.laterooms.com/en/k16285613_darwen-hotels.aspx?k=Darwen%2C+UK&n=2&d=20180504&et=DEST&rt=2-0&pr-min=96&pr-max=280&distanceUnit=on&SortOrder=Distance&SortedAscending=true

Dunkenhalgh and Astley bank both available for your stay. Darwen is a good night out as well if you go Astley.

32 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Cheers all

Flying into Liverpool so just playing safe and going for there. Plenty of choice. 

With the party atmosphere, I want this to be the memory maker for my 5 year old. The one to get him 'hooked'.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/lancashire/preston/preston-central.html

Premier Inn - two minutes walk from Preston Train Station. Trains to and from Blackburn are every 20 mins/30 mins.

33 minutes ago, AAK said:

Have you tried Dunkenhalgh? Nearer to Accy, but only a 10-15 mins drive in a taxi, usually charge about £10 for that journey. The Astley bank in Darwen will be free, but it will be about £150 for 2 nights.

Doaksie - https://www.laterooms.com/en/k16285613_darwen-hotels.aspx?k=Darwen%2C+UK&n=2&d=20180504&et=DEST&rt=2-0&pr-min=96&pr-max=280&distanceUnit=on&SortOrder=Distance&SortedAscending=true

Dunkenhalgh and Astley bank both available for your stay. Darwen is a good night out as well if you go Astley.

The Dunkenhalgh is nice. Stayed in it once before. The problem is the 5th is the wife's birthday, can't stay anywhere too nice or she will want to sabotage me and the boy's trip! 

Can't remember the last time I struggled for accommodation on a trip over. Usually Fernhurst - done. As somebody else alluded to; that's a great sign. 

I'll sit down tonight and weigh it all up, but there's a few options there. Cheers guys 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

The Dunkenhalgh is nice. Stayed in it once before. The problem is the 5th is the wife's birthday, can't stay anywhere too nice or she will want to sabotage me and the boy's trip! 

Can't remember the last time I struggled for accommodation on a trip over. Usually Fernhurst - done. As somebody else alluded to; that's a great sign. 

I'll sit down tonight and weigh it all up, but there's a few options there. Cheers guys 

She can always go to the spa? Two birds one stone.

Just now, Mike E said:

She can always go to the spa? Two birds one stone.

Shhhhhhhhhhh Mike ?

Nah, I did think that was a good idea. Under the guise of birthday weekend away. And still get our boy's day out. Win win. Might be time to dust the credit card off....

I've yet to get mine yet but looking at what's available it's either the last block in riverside or Darwen end. 

I'm bringing a few blokes from dunfermline. as well as a few of my nephews mates from school 

They don't usually get to go due to money but it would be rude not to offer at them prices.

I'll be ordering 11 tomorrow .

4 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

I've yet to get mine yet but looking at what's available it's either the last block in riverside or Darwen end. 

I'm bringing a few blokes from dunfermline. as well as a few of my nephews mates from school 

They don't usually get to go due to money but it would be rude not to offer at them prices.

Well done! :rover:

I would love the Club to have to open BBE Upper to accomodate all and get Ewood rocking to the rafters.

Enjoy.

6 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

Best seats in Darwen End Lower pal if your bringing friends....bring a few more too!

:rover:

my team 

Fisher

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Armstrong Travis Smallwood Antonsson

Samuel Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Downing Payne Tomlinson Nuttall Whittingham Evans

Fisher

Downing Lenihan Mulgrew

Travis                                            Bell

Bennett Whitingham

Payne

Graham Armstrong

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

my team 

Fisher

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Armstrong Travis Smallwood Antonsson

Samuel Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Downing Payne Tomlinson Nuttall Whittingham Evans

I might swap Bennett and Travis around.  I'd also play Luetwiler. Other than that I'd do the same. I'm not mad about either of our strikers playing as wingers but we seem not to have much choice.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I might swap Bennett and Travis around.  I'd also play Luetwiler. Other than that I'd do the same. I'm not mad about either of our strikers playing as wingers but we seem not to have much choice.

Travis is centre midfield player. Mowbray has played him there. Also every time ive seen him play in as played centre midfield for under 23's

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travis is centre midfield player. Mowbray has played him there. Also every time ive seen him play in as played centre midfield for under 23's

You’ve clearly watched barley any U23 football. Travis is a full back.

39 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Why Leutweiler? He’s barely played any football this season. He’s conceded and we’ve lost both games I’ve seen him in.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's the reserve goalkeeper.

Ok but is that the only reason you’d choose him ahead of a well-earned League debut for Fisher?

The worry is that Mowbray keeps Leutweiler next season to use as the international break card and block Fisher’s progress.

Bit of an insult to both players really.

Archived