SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well, it’s a source I guess but I’m not really convinced by a throw away tweet with no substance.

I would assume it's info from Mowbray rather than 'throwaway'. Certainly with specifics like 'abductor' (wtf is that?) :P

Just now, Mike E said:

I would assume it's info from Mowbray rather than 'throwaway'. Certainly with specifics like 'abductor' (wtf is that?) :P

It’s a plumbing term. Big pipe that connects to your toilet.

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

to simply say abductor is very non-specific. Could be very serious or nothing to worry about at all

Just now, rigger said:

Inner thigh muscle

Abductor muscles are found in many parts of the body not just groin

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Abductor muscles are found in many parts of the body not just groin

in some context, Abductors- inner thigh, Adductors- outer thigh. I am  not interested in a biology debate. Mike E asked a question, I gave him a reasonably in context answer.

• J*B pinned this topic

Good Evening, following our debacle of a season, under pep clotet, with his band of foreign mercenaries, Karl Robinson has us stable, with biggish plans under our new Thai owner. 

We are looking forward to our trip north, and look like bringing upwards of 1500. It will be an interesting game, with us having a fully fit squad for the first time all season, and with players like Ledson likely to move to your near neighbours, Preston, it will be the last time we some play. Got to meet some good people when you played us in the cup, at Grenoble Road, who were a little uncertain the way things were going to go for you. It's great you are heading up with your stadium, fanbase etc.

Any info on pubs, parking, best way to the ground directions wise would be helpful.

Here's to a good game....

Should change the title to final open game +promotion (and possibly title) celebration. I know people didn't understand my mentality about not promoting the opposition but surely this is an exception? This day is all about Blackburn Rovers there hasn't been a time all season where the opposition has mattered less. Excluding Charlton given the travel and all...

See people complaining about some fans being selfish by running on the pitch. Given Mowbray requested they remain in the stands it did seem somewhat disrespectful but football fans and selfishness go hand in hand. Rovers fans certainly aren't immune to it. If you ignore this post those who complained are being just as selfish as them. After all it's about the same thing...celebration. Who cares about Oxford apart from some people who have a 50+ year grudge?

As I've also said maybe people need to tone down on the happiness a little bit even if it's just to keep the club on their toes. I get the impression that people like Anderson, Agnew etc will take this club for a ride again at some point because the fans simply don't have the ability to stay on guard. Maybe people don't want to spend time policing a football club 24/7 but a little bit of perspective is needed. People in the past kept coming out with stuff like "family club" and such but the sharks see that as weakness. The club needs to be harder edged in the long run. Maybe for one day people can just try to enjoy it but this summer people can't just coast off this "good feeling" without at least calling the owners out a little bit. Already there's a belief that the manager is gonna have to plead a bit for a decent budget in the summer. Do people want another "temporary setback" in 12 months? Look at Bolton Wanderers the club who finished 2nd last season. Even look at Wigan Athletic who have just had their 2nd promotion from L1 in 3 seasons. Do you want to get promoted from L1 again in 2020?

For many the main motto is "Arte Et Labore". I've consistently promoted "think BIG" as being on the same level and after recent years I've added a third...

Nempe adsiduaque vigilantia!

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Could be Smallwood and Travis next season in centre midfield

The guys watched him play RB all season for the U23 at Leyland. You just crack on regardless don't you? We will certainly be relegated with a central midfield like that.?

Someone asked Rovers on twitter this morning whether we had passed the 20,000 mark for Oxford and Rovers gave thumbs up. With another 5 days of sales to go it should be a good crowd on. Only limited single tickets in the Jack Walker and a few hundred left in the Riverside at the Darwen End corner.

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Someone asked Rovers on twitter this morning whether we had passed the 20,000 mark for Oxford and Rovers gave thumbs up. With another 5 days of sales to go it should be a good crowd on. Only limited single tickets in the Jack Walker and a few hundred left in the Riverside at the Darwen End corner.

To be fair if theres upwards of 1,500 Oxford fans then thats only 18,500 home fans... it isn't that many more than usual

Man, wish I had the opportunity to attend. Kinda been a tradition for me to travel for the last home match of the season. Some good memories from those matches. Tugays  last match (all time favorite player) stands out as the most memorable, goosebumps! Wigan when we went down the opposite, still cant belive someone got a chicken inside the stadium. Is there still a supporters cup at end of the season?

I would go with:

Leutwiller (Raya if fit)

Bennett - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Williams (if fit, harsh to bench him, not my favorite, but steady as a rock this season)

Travis - Smallwood

Samuel - Payne (Dack if fit) - Armstrong

Graham (Nutall when the usual 65 min sub comes)

Hopefully a sunny day, and a Rovers win to round off a season not many could have predicted after such an awfull start to the season.

Archived