BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I'd say around 20k home fans, but I'll let AAK count the dots...

I knew it, it's finally here, this is my moment to shine, here we go....................

Blackburn end lower SOLD OUT - 5000 tickets sold
Jack Walker  330 unsold (some of which are to be netted originally thought these had been sold but it was closed originally) - 10670 tickets sold
Riverside 403 unsold (riverside capacity is 4367 as far as i know) - 3964 tickets sold
Darwen End too many, but looking at whats sold (and not including the middle bit of which is netting so won't be sold) - circa 800 tickets sold
Oxford - 1500 tickets sold

Gives us 21,934 (give or take a couple of hundred) if they include hospitality, then we are in the 22,300 or so mark.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought 4 in the Darwen end plus my daughter's bringing her toddler so that's 5 more. I gave my husband the choice of sale sharks or rovers and he said if sale didn't win Saturday we'd do rovers instead. They lost so we're coming to Ewood 

Just now, gumboots said:

Just bought 4 in the Darwen end plus my daughter's bringing her toddler so that's 5 more. I gave my husband the choice of sale sharks or rovers and he said if sale didn't win Saturday we'd do rovers instead. They lost so we're coming to Ewood 

You will have a far better time at Ewood than the AJ Bell! I’m a fan of Salford in the other code! Nice ground to be fair 

1 minute ago, gumboots said:

Great stuff gumboots, see you in the Darwen End!

The club have said that in addition to s/t holders and half s/t holders over 10,000 tickets have been sold, think it's nearing 10,500. So if there are 9000 s/t and half s/t holder, then that's 19,500, plus 1500 oxford so that's 21,000, think my estimation was a blooming gooden!

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well we can't win on the one. Fill the ground and the old accusations of " Glory Hunters " and " Fair Weather Fans " will be fired at us.

I'll be 36,000 ft over Spain at KO time.

Feck ‘em!

To me it will be a great sign that there is still a potential bright future for Blackburn Rovers... 

Well at least until Mogga gets to Pune :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well we can't win on the one. Fill the ground and the old accusations of " Glory Hunters " and " Fair Weather Fans " will be fired at us.

I've ummed and ahed about going precisely because I don't want to be thought a glory hunter. I'm not really. I stuck with it as long as I could but then decided that I was being driven into a permanently miserable state by the standard of football, effort and commitment shown by our team. The appointment of Coyle coupled with the closure of the Blackburn end Upper incensed me so much that I simply had to step away. I'll admit I could have been back before now but I really had found other things to do and wasn't ready to return. No season ticket but possibly what they call a phased return next season

38 minutes ago, david brent said:

You will have a far better time at Ewood than the AJ Bell! I’m a fan of Salford in the other code! Nice ground to be fair 

I love watching sale and will still be going in future. But the emotional attachment isn't the same as with rovers. Rovers make me feel bad for days if the results bad. Sale I get over very quickly. I'm hoping that there aren't too many clashes next year and I can get to watch both

4 hours ago, gumboots said:

I've ummed and ahed about going precisely because I don't want to be thought a glory hunter. I'm not really. I stuck with it as long as I could but then decided that I was being driven into a permanently miserable state by the standard of football, effort and commitment shown by our team. The appointment of Coyle coupled with the closure of the Blackburn end Upper incensed me so much that I simply had to step away. I'll admit I could have been back before now but I really had found other things to do and wasn't ready to return. No season ticket but possibly what they call a phased return next season

Appointing Coyle finished me off. They could hardly have appointed anyone more likely to relegate us. I wasn't bothered about him being an ex-dingle, the guy was a serial loser.

After that I kept off this board for months and tried to forget all about Rovers and football. I wasn't very successful but I felt better for it. I've been to a few away matches this season and enjoyed them even with the low standard of football in this league.

I was also toying with going on Saturday, my son offered to pay for me. It would be nice to visit Ewood again especially as I've been poorly lately and there are no guarantees about next season. However Mrs Shoelaces decided we were flying to Spain at 3.35 pm on Saturday.

I seen enough low level stuff over the last 55 years, Glory Hunter I'm not.

I hope you enjoy the game. We could be Campiones when I land.

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Same for me and my dad, we're not going as glory hunters. We're going to say thanks to TM and the players for a wonderful season.

Again, similar to you, we'll be able to attend a few more games next season as I'm changing work schedule from every wknd to alternating :)

COYB!

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

..And that in a nutshell is what Saturday is all about.

Indeed. It's ultimately why we're going. We want to find a way to re-engage with the club and a celebration of a job done is probably as good a way as any

Sadly, I can't be there on Saturday because I couldn't delay going back to France any longer.

We're all Rovers together in reality, with divergent views but that's life. The biggest thing that Tony Mowbray has achieved is re-invigourating this great club of ours.

Onwards and hopefully upwards, enjoy the day and give 'em a shout for me!

WE're on our way, WE're on our way.................

2 hours ago, Gogger said:

Man, wish I had the opportunity to attend. Kinda been a tradition for me to travel for the last home match of the season. Some good memories from those matches. Tugays  last match (all time favorite player) stands out as the most memorable, goosebumps! Wigan when we went down the opposite, still cant belive someone got a chicken inside the stadium. Is there still a supporters cup at end of the season?

I would go with:

Leutwiller (Raya if fit)

Bennett - Lenihan - Mulgrew - Williams (if fit, harsh to bench him, not my favorite, but steady as a rock this season)

Travis - Smallwood

Samuel - Payne (Dack if fit) - Armstrong

Graham (Nutall when the usual 65 min sub comes)

Hopefully a sunny day, and a Rovers win to round off a season not many could have predicted after such an awfull start to the season.

And a Doncaster win too. 

Happy happy days.. 

I've quite enjoyed no crowds at ewood No trouble parking, no queue in the chippy and no traffic on the way home. Down with all these extra fans :blink:

On a serious note, it would be great if we can put together a really good performance. We could go a long way to enticing a few back next year if the players can put on a show sat.

Would be a real good time to give someone a hiding for the 1st time this season

COYB!!

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well we can't win on this  one. Fill the ground and the old accusations of " Glory Hunters " and " Fair Weather Fans " will be fired at us.

I'll be 36,000 ft over Spain at KO time.

but great to see that the fanbase is STILL there 

51 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

I've quite enjoyed no crowds at ewood No trouble parking, no queue in the chippy and no traffic on the way home. Down with all these extra fans :blink:

On a serious note, it would be great if we can put together a really good performance. We could go a long way to enticing a few back next year if the players can put on a show sat.

Would be a real good time to give someone a hiding for the 1st time this season

COYB!!

do you think the club's great pricing for this game has enticed the fans back?

Obviously the pricing has helped though I possibly would have paid normal prices. Last season against Villa I would have gone cheap tickets or not. I didn't go to the United game last year because it felt too hypocritical but it would be stupid to turn down these prices. Also I've been to a game this season which isn't much but it's still something. Anyway it's celebrating promotion from L1 not winning the bloody Premier League. Hopefully won't be doing the same in 2 years because the novelty may wear off next time round. :rolleyes: I've also noted not purchasing tickets for Doncaster, etc so my conscience is clear attending this game with nobody who wants a ticket missing out. 

As for Coyle once again why didn't Redfearn. Slade, etc get the same level of hostility when their names were brought up? Granted nobody was pleading for their appointment but people didn't react as badly. Arguably Coyle was better than them on paper and I thought the one positive (if nothing else) is that he was likelier to avoid relegation than they would have been. The appointment was never justified obviously but we had to cling to something. Still don't think Mowbray's record was any better at the time he was appointed (his previous job rock bottom of L1 upon departure) but he's done his job this season. I think he may well do enough to avoid relegation next season but accomplishments beyond that still holds big question marks.

Also the local Ewood businesses will be pleased by increased matchday custom. I know for some that is of paramount importance. 

17 hours ago, Tom said:

Oxford matter Vinjay, 2 teams maketh a game, if Oxford stay at home there will be no game.

Oxford!

The title should still mention promotion presentations, etc before referring to the opposition at least.

2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

As for Coyle once again why didn't Redfearn. Slade, etc get the same level of hostility when their names were brought up? Granted nobody was pleading for their appointment but people didn't react as badly. Arguably Coyle was better than them on paper and I thought the one positive (if nothing else) is that he was likelier to avoid relegation than they would have been. The appointment was never justified obviously but we had to cling to something.

Coyle was the last straw because he was a failure in his previous jobs AND an ex Burnley manager. Had he merely been a failure in his previous job then we'd have crossed our fingers and hoped and when it went pear shaped we'd have said every club makes mistakes and he was just another in our long list. Had he merely been an ex Burnley manager, we'd have coped, especially if he'd done well. Who'd say no to Sean Dyce?  It was the 2 facts of being rubbish and ex Burnley and then the way he was appointed when it was clear he was not the originally chosen candidate that really felt like the club was sticking 2 fingers up at the fans, and that caused all the hostility. He should, quite simply, have  been no nearer being appointed Rovers manager than I should

Still not quite over the Warnock fiasco. Who’s to say we wouldn’t near the championship playoffs by now, with the same level as funding as given this season (a couple of million)?

Archived