BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

5 hours ago, 47er said:

Blackburn End Upper open for Saturday's game!

Fantastic!

I used to love sitting in JW Upper with 22k or more on, can't see the spare seats too much then, and really rocking. Even sometimes JW Upper!

It will be a great day, one for the memories for those there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Fantastic!

I used to love sitting in JW Upper with 22k or more on, can't see the spare seats too much then, and really rocking. Even sometimes JW Upper!

It will be a great day, one for the memories for those there.

You're right. 

Every day is an epiphany. 

Make the most of it. 

Getting behind the lads & make it a day to remember. 

#COYB

9 hours ago, JAL said:

Will there be lots of Venkys out chanting for this game ?

The slogan is written on my heart, but I reserve the right to be selective about when I chant it.

Why spoil a positive occasion?  If they happen to attend (lol) then I want to concentrate on showing them what can be possible.

Just had a look on the online planner and we have sold over 500 tickets in the blackburn end upper since it opened up this morning.

The first 3 blocks of the Darwen end are not far off filling up. It’s only the block nearest to the JW which is currently sparsely populated.

If sales continue in this manner over the next 4 days we could be looking at a sell out. I also think there will be a surge of sales on Saturday. The weather is forecast to be sunny, it’s a bank holiday weekend and people will just follow suit. I wonder if they would open the other half of the Darwen end upper for Rovers fans? 

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

The slogan is written on my heart, but I reserve the right to be selective about when I chant it.

Why spoil a positive occasion?  If they happen to attend (lol) then I want to concentrate on showing them what can be possible.

With there seemingly being many of the old fans at the game on saturday just wondered if with these stayaways back in town, would it be a time to reopen old wounds.

2 minutes ago, david brent said:

I also think there will be a surge of sales on Saturday. The weather is forecast to be sunny, it’s a bank holiday weekend and people will just follow suit.  

Hope they don’t make a late decision to go or they’ll be paying £25.

Just now, Blue n whites said:

I hope there is no venkys banners or chants. 

Saturday is about saying thank you to a group of players and manager who have brought a bit of pride back. Played for the badge and showed appreciation to the away fans all year.

My own view too.

Just now, david brent said:

Yeah I have seen that the deal only lasts to 3pm. Not sure how they enforce that if there are big queues at that time - hopefully common sense would prevail 

It is a big enough incentive surely to buy tickets before the deadline.

Or if travelling like me buy them and keep them in roverstore  for collection.

Women advised me to send a friend to pick them up before Saturday.

Just now, Blue n whites said:

It is a big enough incentive surely to buy tickets before the deadline.

Or if travelling like me buy them and keep them in roverstore  for collection.

Women advised me to send a friend to pick them up before Saturday.

I was thinking of ‘Wayne’ in the pub who hasn’t been for a decade, sees half the town going to Rovers and decides to come along at the 11th hour! 

Is there going to be more Rovers supporters on for this Rovers league one game than what Burnley have for a premier league game, in what is, their most outstanding season for over forty years ?

Just now, JAL said:

Is there going to be more Rovers supporters on for this Rovers league one game than what Burnley have for a premier league game, in what is, their most outstanding season for over forty years ?

Oh well you can't keep all the sisters happy !

Should be one for the memory bank to dust off every time they pipe up about attendances over the next few years. 

Just now, JAL said:

Their highest is 21,841 v Utd. Contrary to them claiming to sell out every week, a number of their gates have been 18-19,000. 

I am confident we have surpassed their highest attendance already. 

Just now, david brent said:

Their highest is 21,841 v Utd. Contrary to them claiming to sell out every week, a number of their gates have been 18-19,000. 

I am confident we have surpassed their highest attendance already. 

Their own chairman admitted in the Telegraph earlier this season that they had only sold out 3 or 4 games this year.

Just now, JHRover said:

Their own chairman admitted in the Telegraph earlier this season that they had only sold out 3 or 4 games this year.

To be fair, this has been one of the least imagination-capturing PLs in memory. Bournemouth, Huddersfield, West Brom, Brighton, Watford, Swansea, Palace, Stoke. It’s like Championship-lite.

The late Phil Gartside was right about need for a PL 2.

Just now, barry_ said:

How will the club be able to cope with a x2.5 increase in attendance?

Staffing levels have been cut drastically to cope with 10k crowds and now?

The CEO was in the LT saying we had a staffing level of a at least that of a Championship club as it stands. He's obviously never tried to buy a pint a half-time.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

The CEO was in the LT saying we had a staffing level of a at least that of a Championship club as it stands. He's obviously never tried to buy a pint a half-time.

I gave up buying a pie at HT about September time as they couldn't cope with the BBE 60% full.

Archived