BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

I would like to think we could get to 12k or 13k season ticket holders. Do away with that stupid £2 surcharge for buying tickets on the day of the game and we may get an additional 1-2k walk ons. Then add on say an average of 2k away fans and we would end up with an overall gate averaging around 15-17k. I would be happy with that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see around 12500 home regulars next season which is similar to what it was a few seasons ago, maybe a few more depending on ST prices but with increases rumoured I can't see beyond the 12k ish active hardcore on most games.

(i know i keep on banging on about this)

I hope the club thinks about shoving the away support in the DE Upper (for next season)

Unless the club has great season ticket pricing (£199 again) there won't be any significant increase in season ticket sales imo.

And... regular match day prices are so expensive, which puts off walk ins (if the club can't see, from Saturdays match, how a better pricing structure would bring more fans in then i don't know what would change their attitude)

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That would be a disastrous attendance figure. Bear in mind most of our home games this season have been higher and our gates under the wretched Coyle were higher than that. Also bear in mind that the vast majority of Championship clubs will bring 1500+ to Ewood rather than the usual 500 we get in League One. Only really Burton, Reading, QPR, Brentford, Millwall, Ipswich who won't bring more than 1,000.

I think our target should be 15,000 home fans and I don't see that as unrealistic in the Championship. Home averages under Bowyer including away fans were closing in on 15,000 with 10,000+ season ticket holders. With a feel good factor, some lateral thinking, a big push and decent pricing I see no reason why that 10,000 can't be pushed up more towards 13,000 with a couple of thousand walk-ons.

In the end it'll be about whether we are winning or losing. 

i thought attendances would plummet further after another relegation but they held up and then built up because fans enjoyed us winning for a change.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

1100 Oxford tickets sold so far... and there won't be sales on the day to their fans:

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/may/blackburn-tickets/

About what I expected. Might get up to 1300-1400 with sales today and tomorrow.

My estimated attendance is presently:

BBE Lower - 5000, BBE Upper - 700, Riverside - 4100, JW - 10,500, DE Lower - 2,600, DE Upper - 1100

Total of 24,000 including away fans give or take a few. Not bad at all with 2.5 days of sales to go.

I hope all just enjoy the event, the day and the fact that Rovers fans can be united. On a personal level I'm really disappointed I can't be there.

Despite everything, it looks as if we could have an almost full (if not full) stadium on Saturday, which would be a brilliant achievement and demonstrates the depth of feeling for BRFC.

Let's hope at 8pm we go up as Champions.

COYB!!

16 hours ago, barry_ said:

How will the club be able to cope with a x2.5 increase in attendance?

Staffing levels have been cut drastically to cope with 10k crowds and now?

I've been parking behind the DE for the past 10 years, however i think I'll revert to my "old" car park opposite The Hindle Arms for one game and save myself the painfulness that is trying to leave Ewood with 11,000 fans - adding another 10,000 to that could have us there till midnight.

Looks like the weather gods are shining on us for Saturday too.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

In the end it'll be about whether we are winning or losing. 

i thought attendances would plummet further after another relegation but they held up and then built up because fans enjoyed us winning for a change.

True, when Bowyer had us just outside the playoffs and there was a 'feel good' factor around the place crowds were very healthy on Ewood for Championship standards. Then when the circus came to town with Lambert walking and Coyle coming in there was a clear drop of several thousand.

Oxford mail just posted this;

Oxford Mail OUFC @OxfordMailOUFC 35s35 seconds ago

#oufc's final game of the season at Blackburn Rovers has been made all-ticket for away fans. 1,100 sold already, attendance likely to be more than 25,000.

So Rovers must have told them that they are expecting a crowd of around 25k

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Strange that Oxford fans are now all ticket. Surely with 1100 of 3000 seats taken there's no chance of them filling it and no chance of Rovers fans infiltrating.

Possibly keeping the other half of the Darwen End upper for Rovers fans should the need arise?

Just now, david brent said:

Possibly keeping the other half of the Darwen End upper for Rovers fans should the need arise?

Potentially, though they would need to shift about 4000 more tickets in the lower tier and BBE upper for that to happen, unlikely but would be brilliant if they did.

6 hours ago, Gladwingone said:

The club’s chief executive hopes reduced ticket prices can act as an ‘amnesty’ to those supporters critical of the running of the club in recent years.

Not a chance !

The owners need to leave first (unlikely)

or issue an apology (unlikely) AND return themselves (unlikely).

Tickets will remain at the reduced prices until 3pm on matchday before reverting to the usual Category B pricing structure ahead of the 5.30pm kick off.

So anyone feeling the excitment and getting the itch to go down as kick off approaches is again deterred from doing so by this silly Cheston policy.

I have 2 tickets for the BBE which a friend bought me to entice me to go back. I had already told them not to but they ignored me and now I have them.

I have decided that I will go down around 4:30 and give them FOC to someone queuing up to be ripped off at the ticket office.

At least I can take £30 out of the hands of the Venkyscum before going home to watch the scores on the red button like I have for the past 2 years - and will be doing again next year.

Any thoughts I had to go down were blown away last weekend with the discgraceful Mowbray attitude to the title.

“Next season will be tough and hopefully we can have a stable platform to maintain Championship status and see where we go from there.”

I note that 6 months ago TM was talking about bouncing through the Championship but now  the club is pedalling backwards.

All recent comments are of being able to survive next season and then rebuild over the next 4 years. FFP excuses at the ready. Ye Ye... until we quickly stagnate and then go backwards again like the Bowyer years.

Emotions aside - We are playing Oxford in the third division (because of the owners) and now have got back to where we were before we hired Coyle. Simply to be expected with out squad and resources in such a poor league, where we have often struggled.

There is a hell of a lot to be proven before ANY forgiveness will be on the table.

And you are welcome round my house any time Steve to discuss in person.

I'd save yourself the journey and stay on the couch. 

35 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Imagine next seasons sales (depending on nothing idiotic in the summer) will go back to average levels pre 2016. Can't see anything more than that unless ST prices are ridiculously low.

Whatever our average crowd is next season it will be going in the right direction..up!

4 hours ago, AAK said:

Oxford mail just posted this;

Oxford Mail OUFC @OxfordMailOUFC 35s35 seconds ago

#oufc's final game of the season at Blackburn Rovers has been made all-ticket for away fans. 1,100 sold already, attendance likely to be more than 25,000.

So Rovers must have told them that they are expecting a crowd of around 25k

That's good support for a team with nothing to play for and probably over three half hours journey time from Ewood Park hope Rovers acknowledged their presence.

2 minutes ago, JAL said:

That's good support for a team with nothing to play for and probably over three half hours journey time from Ewood Park hope Rovers acknowledged their presence.

JAL instead of sucking lemons why don't you try something less bitter?

1 minute ago, JAL said:

Last away game ..most supporters try and make a day of it silly fancy dress etc...more about Oxford fans acknowledging their own teams season efforts.

Plus a decent ground to visit !

Just now, darrenrover said:

JAL instead of sucking lemons why don't you try something less bitter?

Don't turn yourself into a Mowbray muppet darrenrover that's all , thought a kind gesture to the away team as we pleasure ourselves in promotion ain't a bad thing or would it be too difficult to ask from this current regime.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Last away game ..most supporters try and make a day of it silly fancy dress etc...more about Oxford fans acknowledging their own teams season efforts.

Plus a decent ground to visit !

Welcome them to the party !

Archived