BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, me being equally sad (must be something in the Darwen air), that’s a capacity of 31,367, less 3,000 seats in the Darwen End Upper, equals 28,367, less 3,855 home seats still to sell equals 24,512 home tickets already sold. Add to that the 1100 Oxford have shifted and that puts the gate currently at 25,612 - not bad.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Just tried to book 3 online and the site has crashed on me....I put all my card number in and everything.  It screwed up at the checkout and now it's crashed so I can't see if I've got them...shyte.

It's annoying that thing always having to re register when I go on despite it being instructed to keep the details. Was so much better when the club ran it itself.

I need between 2 and 5 depending on who carries out their threat to come, it's amazing who's coming back into the fold for this one :o

• Backroom
Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

Well, me being equally sad (must be something in the Darwen air), that’s a capacity of 31,367, less 3,000 seats in the Darwen End Upper, equals 28,367, less 3,855 home seats still to sell equals 24,512 home tickets already sold. Add to that the 1100 Oxford have shifted and that puts the gate currently at 25,612 - not bad.

Thank @#/? you did it, I'm seeing spots after staring at the ticketmaster thingy for so long!

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

It's an incredible turnout for a division 3 team. 15k turned up at home to Bury in the correxponding fixture in 1980 the last time we got promoted out of this league.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It's an incredible turnout for a division 3 team. 15k turned up at home to Bury in the correxponding fixture in 1980 the last time we got promoted out of this league.

Ah but did they invade the pitch that's the big question ? :D

Just now, tomphil said:

Ah but did they invade the pitch that's the big question ? :D

Probably. Men were men back then, they didn't need to apply for permission to do shit. They just did it. 

Anyway, my missus said I can't go on the pitch and if she sees me on there on the tv she won't let me get a ST ticket ever again. I am allowed 1 pint though before the match. I may have 2 though so the jokes on her. Don't tell her though, she'd kill me....

3 hours ago, renrag said:

Have heard good reports of Calf’s Head at Worston’s accommodation, they also do a brilliant carvery on Sundays for about £15

Calfs head is always a good bet. Food is plentiful

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Probably. Men were men back then, they didn't need to apply for permission to do shit. They just did it. 

Anyway, my missus said I can't go on the pitch and if she sees me on there on the tv she won't let me get a ST ticket ever again. I am allowed 1 pint though before the match. I may have 2 though so the jokes on her. Don't tell her though, she'd kill me....

Pitch encroachment = No ST

2 pints = death

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

What's it got to do with her? Besides you're hardly likely to get a banning order or fine if hundreds run on. What are the police gonna do prosecute them all? I'm in the upper tier myself so unless I make my way down to lower tier (gates might be closed anyway with most people likely to stay behind) won't be considering it. I've been on the pitch before anyway in the early hours after coming back from Southampton when some idiot left the gate open. There was a rugby game at Ewood earlier that day but can't really pin it just on them. Of course it's different with thousands in the stadium but I'm fine in the stands anyway. 

Bloody good effort by Oxford to bring over 1000 for a game that means nothing to them.

Had some tremendous battles with them in 80's, Billy 'Dingle' Hamilton, Ray Houghton, John Aldridge and Robert Maxwell.

They eventually went up, we played second fiddle and missed out.

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Bloody good effort by Oxford to bring over 1000 for a game that means nothing to them.

Had some tremendous battles with them in 80's, Billy 'Dingle' Hamilton, Ray Houghton, John Aldridge and Robert Maxwell.

Whenever I think of Oxford at Ewood I see Colin Hendry's own goal, think he left for City not long after.

Good job there was no social media then !

Just now, tomphil said:

Whenever I think of Oxford at Ewood I see Colin Hendry's own goal, think he left for City not long after.

Good job there was no social media then !

Doubt it topped Shane Duffy's antics!

The club should invite major European opposition in pre season too. It might cost something for appearance, etc but it would be another big attendance if it's someone like Barcelona. If someone like Bournemouth can play Real Madrid then Rovers certainly can. Of course some may worry about being thrashed but I think Bournemouth were and they had just been promoted from L1. They finished 10th though and I don't think reasonable people will complain if Rovers manage that next season.

There's Premier League clubs who could be invited of course but it makes no sense to invite the likes of Girona. It made no sense to play Wigan either they were in the division below at that time as well! 

40 minutes ago, Gav said:

I remember them vividly as I lived 20 miles from the Manor Ground for most of my life

Not forgetting Spackman, Brock and the rest.

In fact Brock ended up coaching my little brother, nice bloke

Archived