BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

If you're heading to Ewood on Saturday, be sure to tag your matchday pictures with #Rovers; we'll share the best posts on our official Twitter and Instagram pages. We're anticipating our biggest crowd of the season, as we approach 25,000 ticket sales (including away fans and season ticket holders).

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/preview-rovers-v-oxford/

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Without trying to go full Vinjay, Like wigan and Bolton these clowns are pretty much an irrelevance to me.

I worked in Preston for 10 years from 2001 and weirdly never noticed any bitterness back then

I work with a few and they are weighed down with bitterness and chips on both their shoulders.

They are obsessed with the relatively small number of folk who were walking around Preston with Rovers shirts on in the mid 90s, yet have no issue with the fact they are probably only just about the biggest club in their own town (nudging out Liverpool and Man United fans)

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Jesus; they're literally obsessed aren't they!

It smacks of Notlob and the Pie Eaters; DESPERATE for a rivalry with Rovers. Thanks chaps it helps fuel my superior feeling ego :D:rover:

Preston a complete irrelevance even more so than Notlob but still hilarious to read them getting their knickers in a twist over it. They'll probably struggle to surpass 15,000 for their big play-off push.

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Brilliant can’t wait to see Ewood packed out with Home fans and a positive atmosphere 

Hope Tony gets a copy of the script... :unsure: 

That’s an awful lot of people to disappoint!

As others have probably said already, with up to 15k floating fans paying us a cursory visit, it's absolutely vital we put in a really rousing performance and treat the crowd to a cracking game of football and not slop our way through it on the basis the result doesn't matter given that we've already secured automatic promotion etc.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Those threads are just absolutely golden. As if they've created two threads devoted to us. Bless. Bitter, obsessed and embarrassing.

Simply put, it's just jealousy that they can't get bigger crowds from a bigger CITY population.

Absolutely delicious.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Preston a complete irrelevance even more so than Notlob but still hilarious to read them getting their knickers in a twist over it. They'll probably struggle to surpass 15,000 for their big play-off push.

They have struggled all season with gates,barely out the top ten but pish poor support tbh.Rovers are traditionally a bigger and better Supported club anyway so why they bother is bemusing to Rovers fans!

Bitterness is the only conclusion,let them look on in envy^_^

44 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Hope Tony gets a copy of the script... :unsure: 

That’s an awful lot of people to disappoint!

Well hes got the script right this season ..80 goals and promotion ..signed sealed and delivered !

As for disappointing an awful lot of people maybe Tonys disappointed they ve finally decided only now to pay Ewood a visit !

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Those threads are just absolutely golden. As if they've created two threads devoted to us. Bless. Bitter, obsessed and embarrassing.

Simply put, it's just jealousy that they can't get bigger crowds from a bigger CITY population.

Absolutely delicious.

The old script that we only got better crowds than them because of Premier League football and glory hunters proven to be false as even ignoring this Oxford game our home support numbers are similar to theirs and were last season despite being in a far worse position than them. This season one of their best in recent memory hanging around just outside the Championship play-offs yet struggling to bring in more than 11,000 from their 'City'.

Can I just say what a pleasure it's been to read this thread? Special thanks to Ewoodpo for those statistics about the Dingles' attendances; I copied it onto an email reminding my Dingle-supporting old schoolfriend in New Zealand - I'm sure his blue-and-white golfing partner will carry on with the message! - of the, erm, 'lyrics' of "Small town near Blackburn"!

I'm really looking forward to the game & celebrations and just hope that TM's really been able to convince our owners of their responsibilities, going forward, towards This Great Club Of Ours.  In a quiet moment just after the final whistle had gone at Doncaster, I looked skywards and "said" to my Dad - he died in 1984 - what a lot he had to answer for since the first game I remember him bringing me to in 1953.  We're now back to the Division we were in then and while I'd love us to be back in the Premier League, I'm enough of a realist to be satisfied with what TM's achieved since his appointment.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Well hes got the script right this season ..80 goals and promotion ..signed sealed and delivered !

As for disappointing an awful lot of people maybe Tonys disappointed they ve finally decided only now to pay Ewood a visit !

Well I want them to keep coming back even if you don’t!

They are getting a bit confused over on nobber online.

One poster was convinced that our crowds would collapse this season, you know because of all them glory hunters (!) departing

Then they were arguing that the reason they haven’t collapsed is because we have a load of lingering glory hunters!

:wacko:

Just now, Stuart said:

Well I want them to keep coming back even if you don’t!

Where did i post that i didnt want them back ..??..i said Tony disappointed not me..and i dont think  it boils down to one game whether fans flock back do you ? Promotion alone should influence that.

Always said this since I first came across their bitterness in my first ever job over Preston way for a team who's heated rivals are supposed to be Blackpool the weepdale lot certainly harbour monumental resentment towards Rovers :lol:

They're obsessed I tell thee, hilarious when you think we've had home turnouts almost on a par with some of theirs despite them being a division above and going great guns mostly. And that's at normal prices, only time they can fill that little shed is in pre season v the likes of Liverpool & Everton mainly because half their city supports those teams.

:D

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Always said this since I first came across their bitterness in my first ever job over Preston way for a team who's heated rivals are supposed to be Blackpool the weepdale lot certainly harbour monumental resentment towards Rovers :lol:

They're obsessed I tell thee, hilarious when you think we've had home turnouts almost on a par with some of theirs despite them being a division above and going great guns mostly. And that's at normal prices, only time they can fill that little shed is in pre season v the likes of Liverpool & Everton mainly because half their city supports those teams.

:D

Everything these days is geared towards Preston being the 'capital' of Lancashire. It must eat away at them when despite that artificial status being put upon them the likes of Rovers, Bolton, Burnley and even Blackpool have lived the high life in the Premier League whilst they have languished in the lower divisions throughout. City status and having a big train station won't change that.

Archived