BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

To let you know the info is on the official site. You're welcome ingrate.

Can't find anything on the official website regarding the fanzone on Saturday. 

I  hope I will have no voice Sunday, as will a few thousand more. It will be like going back to pre-Loons. I think that should be the message. Our club cannot be beaten by a family thousands of miles away, who may have squandered millions, and continue to bankroll the club, but don't have any affinity with us, or our history. Me and my son are going because we love the club. I take it the Loons won't be in attendance?  Their baby......well, they have neglected it. I hope TM informs them of this. Let's enjoy Saturday, whatever our stance, whatever our geographical position, whatever our differences of opinion, We are all Rovers!  

One day in the not too distant future the Riverside should be redeveloped. It doesn't have to reflect the original plan of a 2 tiered structure as seen in those models, and doesn't need to drastically increase the capacity of the ground, but could be massively improved on what it currently is. Knock the current one down, build a similar single tiered structure but closer to the touchline without a walkway at the front, with a concourse inside, a roof to cover all the seats, no supporting pillars, some office space inside, floodlights in the roof, get rid of them red seats. Capacity wouldn't need to be much more if anything but the ground would be massively improved. Shame that on our way to £120 million of debt that 10% of that couldn't have found its way into rebuilding the Riverside and making Ewood a more modern and impressive stadium.

19 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Cheers using a phone this didn't come up but still it mentions fanzone but what's happening in this fanzone pre match. Looking to take a few newcomers they'll be asking me a similar question about the pre match fanzone entertainment.

Just now, JAL said:

I'll be there just want to know what to expect I'm sure it won't just be me either wanting to know.

I assume it's just going to be the usual. Big screen and a tent full of drunk happy rovers

Going to be brilliant seeing Ewood near full, let’s make plenty of noise, sing loud and proud, wave them flags, set them balloons free and enjoy our best day in a long long time. Hopefully players are able to do lap of honour at the end so we can show our appreciation. TMBWA 

3 hours ago, north_ender said:

Ryan Ledson very close to joining PNE now by all accounts, but rumours earlier suggesting Rothwell could follow him. You guys still in for him or looking elsewhere?

We're too busy filling our ground to care. Maybe ask on the PNE forum, they're obsessed with us so they should know.

5 hours ago, north_ender said:

Ryan Ledson very close to joining PNE now by all accounts, but rumours earlier suggesting Rothwell could follow him. You guys still in for him or looking elsewhere?

I wonder if Mowbray might bid for Ledson. We need a centre midfielder for sure

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

One day in the not too distant future the Riverside should be redeveloped. It doesn't have to reflect the original plan of a 2 tiered structure as seen in those models, and doesn't need to drastically increase the capacity of the ground, but could be massively improved on what it currently is. Knock the current one down, build a similar single tiered structure but closer to the touchline without a walkway at the front, with a concourse inside, a roof to cover all the seats, no supporting pillars, some office space inside, floodlights in the roof, get rid of them red seats. Capacity wouldn't need to be much more if anything but the ground would be massively improved. Shame that on our way to £120 million of debt that 10% of that couldn't have found its way into rebuilding the Riverside and making Ewood a more modern and impressive stadium.

Would be nice JHR but not a cat in hells chance of that ever happening. For that to be considered, we would need to be both in the Premier League and under new ownership.

A positive of the attendance on Saturday is that it sends a message to any potential investors that the dormant fan base is still there. With the stadium, training facilities at Brockhall and general infrastructure surrounding BRFC, surely we should still be an attractive proposition. Over twenty five thousand watching third tier football from a town with a population of only 117k. Who else could match that?

• Backroom

Agree that the Riverside will need redeveloping one day. A single tier starting level with the pitch, but reaching as far back as the current stand would be great.

I don't like the idea of building it to be level with the other 3 stands. Would look like the soulless, generic Ivy Park on FIFA.

Just did the weekly shop with my 7yr old daughter down here in Gloucestershire.

She sang " we're Blackburn rovers, we're on our way back " the entire time

When we got to the till the fella asks her what she's doing this weekend

"we're going to Ewood " she says proudly 

That's my day set up nicely ??

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

You know every home game I look at the Riverside and think this.

As there is no demand to massively increase the attendance I always dreamed of it being close to the touchline and quite high. Like Villarreal's stadium or something really different like that high stand at La Bombonera.

13 hours ago, philipl said:

Jack promised a new Riverside stand...

The Balaji Rao Stand ?

Or the Miles Anderson Riverside ?

Could be on the cards after this ...

1 hour ago, AlanK said:

Just did the weekly shop with my 7yr old daughter down here in Gloucestershire.

She sang " we're Blackburn rovers, we're on our way back " the entire time

When we got to the till the fella asks her what she's doing this weekend

"we're going to Ewood " she says proudly 

That's my day set up nicely ??

It's a catchy tune in fairness! 

Still guessing they have no intentions of showing up. Thought the brothers might though "madame" gracing us with her presence always seemed like a stretch. Can't say I particularly want to see them anyway.

Archived