BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

9 hours ago, north_ender said:

Ryan Ledson very close to joining PNE now by all accounts, but rumours earlier suggesting Rothwell could follow him. You guys still in for him or looking elsewhere?

I'd prefer Tony Ellis to be honest or John Thomas, both were only any good 'plastic' though so I don't know how they'd cope, what's Simon Snow up to these days ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

You know every home game I look at the Riverside and think this.

As there is no demand to massively increase the attendance I always dreamed of it being close to the touchline and quite high. Like Villarreal's stadium or something really different like that high stand at La Bombonera.

Two or three tiers over the top of each other that don't stretch as far back might be better. La Bombanera's smaller stand looks like deck access flats.

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

We're too busy filling our ground to care. Maybe ask on the PNE forum, they're obsessed with us so they should know.

The club are working hard to get more people in the ground but the owner is continuing to veto ticket offers and so on.

He doesn't have the foggiest clue about modern football marketing, and intervenes in day to day matters like this whereby staff just cannot to their jobs.

Obviously he keeps us going but some of the nonsense that he gets himself involved in behind the scenes is ridiculous.

I'm expecting more than 27,000 on with some more sales tonight and tomorrow morning.

BBE Upper is about 2,000. BBE Lower is 5,000. Riverside say 4100. JW Stand around 10,500 or more depending on media and corporates. Darwen End lower looking nearly full so I'd say at least 3500 in there (probably more although some segregation down the middle) Plus an estimated 1500 from Oxford = 26,600

I'd hoped to break the 20,000 mark with the cheap tickets and celebrations but to get to probably 26-27,000 is a fantastic effort.

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm expecting more than 27,000 on with some more sales tonight and tomorrow morning.

BBE Upper is about 2,000. BBE Lower is 5,000. Riverside say 4100. JW Stand around 10,500 or more depending on media and corporates. Darwen End lower looking nearly full so I'd say at least 3500 in there (probably more although some segregation down the middle) Plus an estimated 1500 from Oxford = 26,600

I'd hoped to break the 20,000 mark with the cheap tickets and celebrations but to get to probably 26-27,000 is a fantastic effort.

Absolutely delighted about this.

(Trying to suppress the idea of these being the last moments of bright light before more Venky induced darkness.)

The latent support for Blackburn Rovers is there for all to see. What a great opportunity to convince all the youngsters who will be there that the Rovers are their team, not Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona etc. 

22,500 was the attendance when Bolton did this for their promotion day last season.

I was expecting that would be the very top end of what we could attract , so to be pushing 27,000 is unreal.

All I have to say to the club is - GET THE SEASON TICKETS ON SALE FFS!

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

JW is 11,000 mate (all have sold bar 1 ticket) so 10,999, Riverside is 4300 (all sold bar 20) so 4280, add them to the 5000 bburn end lower, and what you said for bburn end upper and darwen end lower, of 2000 and 3500 respectively, plus Oxford 1500.  I reckon it's around 27,200

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I think this attendance is a clear statement /reaction to what has happened these last few awful years at Ewood....

:brfc: THROUGH ADVERSITY COMES STRENGTH :brfc:

And through promotion, £10 tickets and a good weather forecast on a Bank Holiday weekend comes a nice day out.

The key is to get half of them to enjoy it so much they return in August.

Just goes to show that if the price is right, the punters will come.

If we were to ever get back to the Premier League, with the right pricing structure in place, the place would be virtually sold out every week.

At a tenner a throw for adults, we’ve shown we’ve around 26k fans waiting in the wings. Add to that several permutations for away fans numbers, anything from 1.5k to a possible 8k and you have potential crowds of 27.5k to sell outs.

Not bad for a town of 117k. It’s only using common sense as well.

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

22,500 was the attendance when Bolton did this for their promotion day last season.

I was expecting that would be the very top end of what we could attract , so to be pushing 27,000 is unreal.

All I have to say to the club is - GET THE SEASON TICKETS ON SALE FFS!

On sale at last years standard, non earlybird prices so an increase for most.

Whilst we are riding the wave I would have liked to have seen a really low price to attract loads back but we have been spoiled for a long time with season ticket prices I suppose 

I didn't think we'd get past 18-20k. I'm amazed that we're looking at close to 27k and it will be unreal too see Ewood so full for a league game, may even be a bit emotional :lol: fitting way to round off a great season. Not sure how the question was ever raised of our owners attending, I hope they never attend Ewood again, especially tomorrow as their attendance would only sour a great day. #LoveRoversHateVenkys

This is going to be a staggering attendance but don't be fooled into expecting it very week even if it was for the same discount price.

This is a one off occasion with fans attending from all over the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Oz etc. The 3 of us coming up from Cheltenham won't be buying season tickets no matter how well we play tomorrow. I try to get to 1 or 2 home games each season and the away games local to me.

Having said that, Rovers do have a huge local following compared to other clubs. 20K would be 1 in 6 of the town's population and that in itself is something to be proud of. It proves the club does still matter to people.

Archived