BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

Just nipped for a couple more tickets, big queues at 10am.

Just going to smash a full English at Huntleys and to the pub.

Ewood looks a picture in the sun, Rovers shirts everywhere, a day to enjoy, my god do we deserve a day in the sun!

Come on Donny!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AshleyClifford said:

Not far wrong either, is it 3 times since then ? Play off final and 2 charity shields ? Obviously still decent but only on average once every 10years .. going back to the 1960cup final and we are still just over 1 every 10 years .... do you know what we are due a trip to Wembley. Next 2 years to do it !

I think you may be forgetting that we'd have been there another 3 times while it was being built

So we played another 2 times at cardif and once at old trafford

1 hour ago, AshleyClifford said:

Not far wrong either, is it 3 times since then ? Play off final and 2 charity shields ? Obviously still decent but only on average once every 10years .. going back to the 1960cup final and we are still just over 1 every 10 years .... do you know what we are due a trip to Wembley. Next 2 years to do it !

There was also that strange centenary thing where played one half and about 6 other teams. Forget how we even qualified something as trivial as form team of the then championship 

Just now, Pedro said:

It's like the good old days!

I hope some people come back next season and get behind the club again. 

Most won't though. I know I will on an occasional basis but not on a regular basis like before. But for today I'll be there with my signed shirt (somewhat out of date as it has people like Lucas Neill Vraty Gresko David Dunn etc (mostly indecipherable signatures) but signed nevertheless

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Club Tweeting 2,000 tickets left - only hundreds left on the planner, so they are presumably intending to open up the Darwen End upper to home fans too...

over 27k sold now. 

it is going to be so good so see Ewood Park rocking. 

I'm buzzing already and I hope the players produce a cracking performance and everyone has such enjoyable afternoon. 

COYB

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It's a very valid point 47er.

Darwen does it's bit and has done so for twenty odd years: Buses organised for each home game from 7 or 8 pubs: Occasionally in the past, 2 buses per pub were required. 

The ritual started with 2 now defunct pubs, Bowling Green and 'The Brit' but has continued ever since, organised primarily by The Spinners and Craven Heifer but also including these days, The Function Room and Park.

Used to go down on the bus from both the bowling green and the brit, then from the sunnyhurst afterwards.

Dont really have time for that now though and just get train into Blackburn rather than getting off in Darwen.

The other point you make is a good one, cant see how they would cope with more buses to be honest.

• Backroom

I’m still not sure why prices double at 3pm seems random a few more may have been tempted after a day in the sun 

If this match just re-establishes the connection between Club and Lancashire it will have done a fantastic thing.

Reminds me of  that moment when'Time to Say Goodbye'  was played at the home match after Uncle Jack's death.

Think I may cry again this afternoon/evening. RTID.

Just now, Tom said:

I’m still not sure why prices double at 3pm seems random a few more may have been tempted after a day in the sun 

Yet, it seems to have worked as sales have been booming.

Archived