BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I saw that particular incident and Robinson only reacted because the shirtless tough guy threatened one of his players. He then goaded the Oxford lad by tapping his chin inviting him to whack him. I sincerely hope this scrote is weeded out and retrospectively punished. Rovers could well be in trouble over this and a potential fine is possible. 

I saw him confront the Oxford player, but I didn't realise he also tapped him on the chin. Make's Robinson's reaction even more understandable.

18 minutes ago, Biz said:

Few pre match; quite enjoyed first season in the JWU

A6040CAE-85F9-4988-B5C2-9C2D2C470C6B.jpeg

3B7108C2-9C16-432D-AF46-3DFFFA16B3A8.jpeg

30B75118-503E-42AE-B997-A405549E9A46.jpeg

Fabulous pictures. Never thought we would see Ewood looking like that again.

Such a shame some people who had never been to a game before didn't understand the players play on the pitch and they stay in the stands.

Just now, Gumbi said:

I saw him confront the Oxford player, but I didn't realise he also tapped him on the chin. Make's Robinson's reaction even more understandable.

Sorry I meant the idiot was tapping his own chin inviting the player and then Robinson to hit him.

13 minutes ago, JAL said:

Did anyone have a bad game. All I can say is League one.

Absolutely no end product from either.

Well Nyambe made an excellent block to deny a good Oxford chance towards the end of the game.

Great day, glorious weather and decent game. Couldn’t believe how busy the fanzone was several hours before the match. 

Morons at the end took the shine off it. As mentioned, cheap tickets and a late KO definitely didn’t help in that regard. Glad the players were able to celebrate with the fans at the end. 

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, JAL said:

Did anyone have a bad game. All I can say is League one.

Absolutely no end product from either.

Samuel set one up and another that got chalked out - pretty effective afternoon for someone playing on the wing I would say 

A fantastic day out. It's a long time since I've seen the town so hammered. I saw at least 4people puking up on Livesey Branch Road before the game.

The atmosphere was superb, as good as I can remember for a long time. Singers everywhere. 27,600 is a fantastic turnout.

Decent game but it wasn't really about that. Special mentions however to Lenihan, Evans and Nyambe who were very good I thought. Even Samuels looked dangerous but his final ball let him down.

The bellends who got on the pitch were obviously going to do something. They were all around the perimeter for the last 20 minutes. Never seen so many fat blokes in grey tracksuit bottoms trying to run without falling over. Sad thing was some had very young children with them. A couple of young lads got absolutely battered when they got back to the BBE.

Brilliant that the players and manager all got to do the lap of honour. Danny Grahams twins know where the net is already! Mogga and the few lads they interviewed spoke well.

We now need to build on this. The turnout was incredible and the passion for the club evident. Here's to a successful summer.

We're going up, we're going up.....

It looked like there was some kind of argument outside the JW entrance as the opposition players waited for their coach. Didn't stick around though (this was after the manager/players spoke and Bennett did his fist pump in front of the JW at which point I left) don't know whether they said something or fans had started abusing them. Didn't see Robinson outside.

I walked the whole way (before the game) and took a different route than usual. Was getting out of breath a bit (showing my age I guess) just as I came up to a public house ironically named the "stop and rest". Didn't throw up though! I also passed a street named "Mowbray Avenue" how appropriate lol.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

A fantastic day out. It's a long time since I've seen the town so hammered. I saw at least 4people puking up on Livesey Branch Road before the game.

The atmosphere was superb, as good as I can remember for a long time. Singers everywhere. 27,600 is a fantastic turnout.

Decent game but it wasn't really about that. Special mentions however to Lenihan, Evans and Nyambe who were very good I thought. Even Samuels looked dangerous but his final ball let him down.

The bellends who got on the pitch were obviously going to do something. They were all around the perimeter for the last 20 minutes. Never seen so many fat blokes in grey tracksuit bottoms trying to run without falling over. Sad thing was some had very young children with them. A couple of young lads got absolutely battered when they got back to the BBE.

Brilliant that the players and manager all got to do the lap of honour. Danny Grahams twins know where the net is already! Mogga and the few lads they interviewed spoke well.

We now need to build on this. The turnout was incredible and the passion for the club evident. Here's to a successful summer.

We're going up, we're going up.....

I thought it was nice of the players to allow Mowbray to go ahead with his sons and take his own personal accolades. I have been critical of Mowbray this season but I am appreciative of the work he has done overall. Along with the vast majority of Rovers fans my loudest applause was for him.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

It looked like there was some kind of argument outside the JW entrance as the opposition players waited for their coach. Didn't stick around though (this was after the manager/players spoke and Bennett did his fist pump in front of the JW) don't know whether they said something or fans had started abusing them. Didn't see Robinson outside.

I walked the whole way (before the game) and took a different route than usual. Was getting out of breath a bit (showing my age I guess) just as I came up to a public house ironically named the "stop and rest". Didn't throw up though! I also passed a street named "Mowbray Avenue" how appropriate lol.

But did you rock down to, Mowbray Avenue? And did it take you higher?

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I thought it was nice of the players to allow Mowbray to go ahead with his sons and take his own personal accolades. I have been critical of Mowbray this season but I am appreciative of the work he has done overall. Along with the vast majority of Rovers fans my loudest applause was for him.

I started welling up when Mogga put the scarf on that was thrown to him from the BBE and paid tribute to the fans. I've been critical of him too but there's no denying he comes across as a very decent human being.

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

Controversial game opinion - Samuel did well and shows he has something to offer; a frustrating player but causes problems 

I think he’s got better at RW

I started welling up when Mogga put the scarf on that was thrown to him from the BBE and paid tribute to the fans. I've been critical of him too but there's no denying he comes across as a very decent human being.

Everywhere he’s been their fans have waxed lyrical about the man, even if they felt it was time for new manager.

I absolutely love the English game; it’s traditions, it’s depth of support, it’s part of the fabric of this country and I see a real kindred spirit in Mogga, it’s s term that is often bandied about, but he’s a proper ‘football man’.

I too think he is a proper person who commands a lot of respect for that reason. He has more humility than any other manager I have come across and in the shark infested world in which he operates humility is sometimes hard to find.

However if he goes to a back three again I'll pan him ?.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Everywhere he’s been their fans have waxed lyrical about the man, even if they felt it was time for new manager.

I absolutely love the English game; it’s traditions, it’s depth of support, it’s part of the fabric of this country and I see a real kindred spirit in Mogga, it’s s term that is often bandied about, but he’s a proper ‘football man’.

Hey Blueboy just said he's a decent human being!

I really enjoy the game and I felt Samuel and Nyambe played very well. Samuel make clever runs in behind and almost score. 

I was very pleased for us to win and sign the season that way. 

I thought it was a great touch from the players to allow Mowbray to take all the plaudits from the fans and his words to the fans were spot on. It was great to see the players celebrating like that and onwards we go. 

I have no idea why the minority of fans had to wreck it that way after several messages from the managers and players not to invaded the pitch. clearly couldn't give a toss about the manager or the players. 

I watched young people, kids and even old people even one elderly bloke with 2 walking sticks running on the pitch. I hope Rovers ban any Rovers fan to run on the pitch with a 3 year banning order. don't deserve to be in the ground today. It will also put the club off from doing these cheaper offers again if some fans are going behave like that. 

The atmosphere was brilliant today

53 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Well Nyambe made an excellent block to deny a good Oxford chance towards the end of the game.

He did and where was his colleague Samuel in supporting him ? 

When Samuel and Nyambe went forward our attacks pretty much stopped there.

44 minutes ago, arbitro said:

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

Samuel set one up and another that got chalked out - pretty effective afternoon for someone playing on the wing I would say 

Cheers I'll have to watch the video again for that one. When I look at who made the least amount of mistakes David Raya wins it for me though he did come for across and got caught in no man's land second half.

Bit of a funny, but ultimately good, day today. We made heavy weather of beating a mediocre Oxford team and should have won by at least 2 or 3 goals. As ever, from the team to the celebrations we did things the hard way.

A few random thoughts:

Mulgrew was off today, not just the pen but corners too meaning we could have put them under even more pressure with a few more vintage deliveries.

Evans played well today - looked very involved and got forward well.

Not sure Samuel is a wide player but he certainly has talent and with better decision making and keeping it more simple at times, on what he showed today could become some player.

We badly, badly miss a wide left player who is left footed to give us width and balance on the left side. Without it we are too narrow for my liking.

Graham for player of the season? He is so, so important as one of the focal points for our attacks and plays the lone striker role so intelligently. Very impressed once again.

The team need to be more ruthless at both ends of the pitch. Oxford didn't work that hard for their goal and we should've bagged at least a couple more goals. That said, had the pen gone in I feel we'd have got a hatful.

Who invades the pitch early? And when your team is attacking? Absolute Muppets who threatened to spoil the day for everyone. It's quite scary thinking on how little so many people think.

Despite the above amazing turnover and atmosphere proving that Venkys can crush and subdue the club and it's heart but not kill it. Magical walking to the ground seeing so many people. Got Goosebumps at 27K chanting we are going up. There's not been many good footballing memories the last 7 years but this was definitely one.

A grand day out, spoiled only by the idiotic and childish antics of a few goons at the end. What the hell the club was thinking when it planned the stewarding / policing arrangements we may never know.

On the plus side Rovers actually delivered when they needed to, and in front of a bumper crowd, this should bode well for ST sales for the new challenges ahead back in the Championship.

What a difference it makes to Ewood, when the place is full! Our six fingered knuckle dragging neighbours will be scratching their balding heads wondering how a League 1 fixture could eclipse their efforts to fill the Turd...

Well done to TM and the team. It has been good to feel like we have a team again.

32 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

A grand day out, spoiled only by the idiotic and childish antics of a few goons at the end. What the hell the club was thinking when it planned the stewarding / policing arrangements we may never know.

On the plus side Rovers actually delivered when they needed to, and in front of a bumper crowd, this should bode well for ST sales for the new challenges ahead back in the Championship.

What a difference it makes to Ewood, when the place is full! Our six fingered knuckle dragging neighbours 

:rolleyes: Kinda find that more idiotic, childish and boring than people running on the field. I'm not even gonna quote the rest of it. At least people running on the pitch was something different! Calling people childish when you're the one crowing about topping a much smaller club with an attendance. That's the highlight for you is it more than getting promoted?

Archived