BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Anyone who went on that pitch today, you are a @#/?ing bell end!

Would have thought theres some lessons to be learnt from a stewarding point of view in that anyone that isnt sat on the front row is removed back to their seat or inside the stadium to a safer position. You can't let everyone from the rows behind just wander down to the front as it puts extra pressure on your pitch side staff.

The stewarding seemed more focused and determined under the Steve Kean watch.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't posted on here for a long time as I've actually enjoyed the season for once.

I was sorry to read of Tom I think and his 6 year old son who was upset today.

My 8 year old has just started this season and was disgusted by the "wingnut dingbats" who invaded the pitch as he called them.

He didnt want to wait to see if the players would come out as it looked unlikely and it unnerved him.

Those people who took kids on with them are half wits.which is a disservice to half wits.

As my mate said "not a job between them".

Is there anyone on this site who was one of the morons who invaded the pitch before the game ended and who is prepared to either justify it and/or apologise?

Pathetic.

But we will be there with the other 11000 next November when we've lost 7 games....

The 5:30 kick-off was manna from heaven to the local pubs,must have taken a fortune..folk were clearly pished walking down Livesey Branch at noon.I think that helped to fuel the invasions tbh.

Must admit I have been surprised at the overreaction to what was mostly a good natured pitch invasion...we're just not used to seeing it at Ewood.

It was a day to remember for all the right reasons imo,just hope we can kick on next season.

Strange reaction to this pitch invasion and a different reaction to the Doncaster one.

Blaming the late ko (they were all drunk ?) and cheap tickets is very 'daily mail' and stinks of snobbery.

I was sorry to read about the upset it caused to some children.

It was a bit silly but from my vantage point in the DE, i don't think that any harm was meant (again... okay at Doncaster but not today?!)

The £10 ticket and a bank holiday worked out fantastic (quite why after this success the club has raised prices by 25% next season is beyond me).

It was great (and a bit sad because of the club's decision to close the Darwen End ) to see it so busy and vocal and like grounds should be (and please,i don't need the '£10' snobbery that is prevailing, tonight)

Some people did complain at Doncaster. Once again I can see people's point but seriously children being upset? Children are tougher than many give them credit for most will have gotten over it by now. I wouldn't introduce them to football if upsetting them was likely to be a concern! The lack of morality, backstabbing, etc are better reasons to keep them away. If I had kids would probably discourage them from football for those reasons besides just fan ignorance.

Honestly though in 20 years I've personally witnessed one fight and that wasn't in the stands it was outside and between a home/away fan. Can't even remember it that vaguely can only recall some rolling round on the ground more than punches etc. Also the way some are going on you would think Rovers fans are the first to have ever run onto a pitch. Some of them came across as idiots yes (particularly the selfie takers) but there does indeed seem to be some snobbery. A lot of those preaching ignorance are guilty of that themselves in the past when it comes to people's feelings, etc. It is strange though that L1 promotion has generated this kind of reaction though obviously it is after 7+ years of hell.

Also I don't think Mowbray was that bothered by it. The police probably asked the club to use his name thinking it would be enough to keep them off. Never underestimate the ignorance of football fans though still can't believe some Bradford fans were chanting and singing (at a promotion celebration of their own) as that bloody stand burned down! Granted I don't think they knew how many deaths, etc but still...

Well I hope the Idiots who ran on the pitch are proud of themselves. Totally ruined it for me. As soon as they invaded the pitch I left. I didn' want to watch them plonkers for 20 min like I did at Doncaster. Funny really that most came from the Darwen End that has Been empty for most of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Doogs said:

Funny really that most came from the Darwen End that has Been empty for most of the season. 

ha

the whole ground's been empty for most of the season.

Christ's sake! A few people ran on a football pitch- they were happy we'd been promoted.  Happened before, it'l happen again.  This talk of morality is outrageous. I wish people got as angry about The Tories slowly privatising our NHS or wars we rush head first into. Get a grip! 

Great win, back in the championship- looking forward to next season!!

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

Christ's sake! A few people ran on a football pitch- they were happy we'd been promoted.  Happened before, it'l happen again.  This talk of morality is outrageous. I wish people got as angry about The Tories slowly privatising our NHS or wars we rush head first into. Get a grip! 

Great win, back in the championship- looking forward to next season!!

You haven't a clue, have you. You just don't understand about decency and respect.

3 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

It looked like there was some kind of argument outside the JW entrance as the opposition players waited for their coach. 

Yeah I was there.  They were having the piss taken out of them because the bus wasn't there and it generally ended up with KR getting a few comments. He's fatter than I expected. 

I was enjoying the whole atmosphere and the fabulous attendance until the morons took over. What should have been a massive celebration was soured so badly it made me feel sick to my stomach and I wished I hadn't gone to the game.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Absolute scum bags

my 6 year old is in floods of tears the best game he’s ever been to has been ruined and he doesn’t want to come back 

Furious 

Your kid is in floods of tears because some idiots went on the pitch, really?

I never thought I'd ever see scenes like that under those rats from Pune.

A full stadium, a winning team, and  27k fans celebrating what has been a tremendous season.

The pitch invasion was ill timed, but I have no doubt was well meant, and I for one don't blame the fans for jumping gun, after 8yrs of absolute sh1te the outpouring of celebration/relief was to much for some.

But once the pitch was cleared the celebrations continued and it was a day I'll never forget.

Great day.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Come on bazza,just like the rest of us you were glad to be there.

OK. You win. I am still ashamed of British society and its behaviour.

However,  WE ARE UP :rover::rover:

If Mowbray had sat outside the Bburn end at the end of the game signing up fans for season tickets he'd still be there now.

His few words said it all for me, I felt pride in the town, pride in the football team and I can't remember the last time I said that.

The game was still going and we we were on the attack. How can that be justified as good natured hijinks?

Always was going to be a pitch invasion but doing it in play meant it descended into a complete shambles and we had to watch the fools arse about twice!

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The game was still going and we we were on the attack. How can that be justified as good natured hijinks?

Always was going to be a pitch invasion but doing it in play meant it descended into a complete shambles and we had to watch the fools arse about twice!

The stewards got them off the pitch and the ref blew the final whistle.

How much harm was done? Aside from the idiot that got a good kicking when he reached the Bburn end?

Considering we’ve already had that div run on against Burnley this season, possibly quite a lot from the FA- the game was still going, we were storming toward too!

Doncaster was spontaneous, I went on myself, relief after 7 tough years. However, it was 11 days ago, nothing spontaneous today, just pissed up folk spending 20 minutes dicking about.

Good video quality. Match highlights, pitch invasion followed by a good section on players lap of honour.

Pitch invasion and fighting.

Ok the lad at 1.50 min was a tool but a single Rovers fan being assaulted by several....very poor show by some gutless wonders.

Archived