BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

7 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Some ppl right on there high horses tonight. 

I didn't go on the pitch and ain't to bothered ppl did.  Bigger problems in my life.

Guess I'm a problem for British society.  My 4 year wasn't distraught either.  

It looked like a load of 4 year olds got on the pitch too. I mean the invasion had a lot of kids in it.

There were invasions at Rochdale and Doncaster too, it's not just us that over celebrate when happy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah I was there.  They were having the piss taken out of them because the bus wasn't there and it generally ended up with KR getting a few comments. He's fatter than I expected. 

He did look a bit like a slob on the touchline and that was my feeling well towards the end. 

Once again on kids being distraught...what if someone uses a naughty word? Is that wrong as well or is it to be expected? Now I don't like people who can't go 2 minutes without swearing, etc but at a football match it's pretty unavoidable. 

As for the ref he should have just ended it there. Goodness sake people end games slightly early sometimes if one of the teams is getting thrashed. Instead he drags them back on to complete the extra 2 seconds or whatever. What did he expect that to do? It just prompted people to run on again. Maybe it's possible fans thought they heard the whistle too. Then again maybe not but still couldn't the game have just been finished there? They were cleared off and the players/manager got to do their speeches, etc. Yeah it bothered me that some seemed more concerned about their stupid selfies than anything but ruined the whole day? Crying out loud.

As I left the bus was just coming in from Bolton Road. I don't know why their players were hanging around outside anyway. I assumed they usually wait until the bus pulls up fully and just get on then. 

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Good video quality. Match highlights, pitch invasion followed by a good section on players lap of honour.

Pitch invasion and fighting.

Ok the lad at 1.50 min was a tool but a single Rovers fan being assaulted by several....very poor show by some gutless wonders.

If I intentionally interrupted a game a game of football, I would expect fans to do the same. What an idiot.

A lot of the supporters on the pitch seemed to be goading the fans in the stands for not being on there which was bizarre.

14 minutes ago, savage90 said:

If I intentionally interrupted a game a game of football, I would expect fans to do the same. What an idiot.

A lot of the supporters on the pitch seemed to be goading the fans in the stands for not being on there which was bizarre.

Abuse yes but a shit kicking to a fellow Rover?

The assailants are more likely to be up on charges than the idiot. You can't just beat people up for doing something you don't like. The Stewards did a good job to get him out if the way.

I see the Stewards get criticised by others but when 100s and 100s are invading wtf can they do?

One solution is the return of barriers, but we don't want that.

I am against fans going onto the field although my recent posts may not be showing that clearly.

5 hours ago, Gav said:

The stewards got them off the pitch and the ref blew the final whistle.

How much harm was done? Aside from the idiot that got a good kicking when he reached the Bburn end?

What about the potential fine Gav? Or an Oxford player being threatened. Did you not see them trying to damage the Darwen End nets?

Why do you think the club repeated ad nauseam for people to stay off the pitch. To coin a phrase the day was meant to be for the many but was almost about just a few.

An embarrassment to our club.

It was embarrassing and to see parents with kids going on was the real low point. It didn’t ruin the day though and to be there for the lap of honour and presentation was great. 26k home fans on. Never thought we’d see those days again.

Got to say, very impressed with the club yesterday. Hadn’t been to Ewood in well over a year but to see the atmosphere I’m the fanzone before kick off was amazing. Girlfriend said that it reminded her of the Olympics! I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many Rovers shirts being worn in centre of town. 

Safe to say I’ll be making the trip up more regularly next season.

Mowbray, well done.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

What about the potential fine Gav? Or an Oxford player being threatened. Did you not see them trying to damage the Darwen End nets?

Why do you think the club repeated ad nauseam for people to stay off the pitch. To coin a phrase the day was meant to be for the many but was almost about just a few.

An embarrassment to our club.

Never underestimate just how thick and selfish people can be.

We live in England

The sun comes out, people drink and yes do silly things sometimes. The later kick off probably made it a tad worse. 

I'm afraid that's just how it goes, let's put it in perspective, nobody died? 

Just now, Ossydave said:

We live in England

The sun comes out, people drink and yes do silly things sometimes. The later kick off probably made it a tad worse. 

Oh well that's ok then.

Sorry for being criticising these poor misguided souls bless  'em.

How can anyone justify that  physically assaulting another person for a minor offence like running on the pitch is right.That is the disgrace and I find that sickening and anyone who finds that acceptable should take a real look at there moral compass. On attendance 27600 is a magnificent effort and unfortunately unless you vet fans you’ll get all types but that goes for all crowds. I’d prefer 27000 every week and atmosphere than 10000 and silence 

COYB

The problem with the pitch invasion was that there were people who weren't interested in the football, they were looking for trouble. Several people around me saw people they recognised who they reckon had never been to a game. One person was just loving the hostility being thrown towards him from the stands, he was just walking up and down the pitch just lauding it up. The fact the game was still on just added to it. 

The club just have its IT department and police just scour FB, Twitter and Instagram there will be plenty of daming evidence of the idiots breaking the law.

I have no problem with an invasion once the final whistle had blown and it soon cleared. I was surprised at a game with 27600 fans how few police were inside the ground but it was great to see Ewood rocking again.

The pitch invasion had nothing to do with spontaneity. It started to build in the Darwen End from about 15-20 mins from the end of the match. People moved forward and were standing several deep along the front of the stand. Some just wanted to be near the front when the players came round, but it was pretty clear that most were planning on getting on the pitch. I can't for the life of me understand why. Celebrating in the crowd in the stands is just as good. I remember when we secured premier league status at Everton being mobbed in my seat by fellow fans. 

On a side note my daughter was hit by a coin thrown from the upper tier of the Darwen end. Left a nasty bruise. Could have been much worse as she had her toddler with her. Fortunately he was sitting on my lap at the time. There are morons at all football clubs

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

We live in England

And just 'cause he's had a couple o' cans
He thinks it's all right to act like a dickhead

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

great to see Ewood rocking again.

Yesterday we had a better attendance than the averages of 7 premier league clubs and 21 out of 24 championship clubs.

Great effort.

Amazing the number of idiots that seem to think the invasion when the game was still going on was no problem or “high jinks”. More like “high pricks”.

Everyone who ran into that pitch - especially the first time is short of a few shilling. It wasn’t fun to watch, or any kind of ‘moment’, and the right-thinking fans quite rightly chanted exactly what everyone with a brain was thinking.

The club had a presentation and lap of honour planned, and it really took the gloss off things.

There wasn’t even any need for anyone to run onto the pitch anyway. We didn’t win the league, there wasn’t a last minute goal (although there might have been but for those imbeciles), nothing changed from before the game aside from alcohol levels of the £10-ticket-brigade element and opportunists who thought it was ok because everyone else was doing it. These people are the reason we no longer get cheap tickets for Wigan and Bolton.

I felt nothing but shame afterwards, and now the club will receive a fine. Are those who went on, or think it was acceptable, going to organise a whip round? No, thought not.

2 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

And just 'cause he's had a couple o' cans
He thinks it's all right to act like a dickhead

I didn't say its alright, just that it's not the end of the world 

The blame lies once again with Sky and the nation's clubs collective greed in chasing coin before the welfare of supporters. 5.30pm kick offs on a Saturday are an abbhoration. 

However if the worse thing we have to suffer is a pitch invasion under the banner of celebration rather than protestation it's a good day. After all it was only delaying the namby Pamby wet blanket soft lad modern era 'lap of honour' (for once it's not dishounor) where the players drag out all there irrelevant brats onto the pitch, like it's anything to do with them.

One of my fondest memories is kicking a can in the Blackburn end nets with my Grandad in 86 as we awaited the (ultimately disappointing) results to filter through.  Nobody was waving their pink handbags in horror that day.

Though I will add the caveat that back then there were no "entitled millennial snow flakes" just good honest grounded folks ? and one should not invade a pitch until after the final whistle.

Archived