BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Tom,the atmosphere was good natured and celebratory.

I remember quite vividly being around 10 years old and stood on the BBE with my old man 80/81....rooted to the spot with fear as 100+ Chelsea Headhunters took the terrace.

That really ruined my day....your lad will get over his my friend.

Some of the holier than thou comments on here have really disappointed me.

You can’t see the irony in that comment?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ozz said:

That night we went down against Wigan I was so so angry and upset. I wanted the whole of the crowd to get on the pitch and show the watching audience how we all felt.

When I saw these tools pouring on yesterday I immediately thought back to that night, and just as I did the rest of the crowd sang "Where were you when we were shit".

Ex-@#/?ing-zactly.

And in perfect irony, Wigan were laughing at our expense again yesterday.

Contorted faces? People were reacting to the pitch invasion which could have killed the moment. Despite many appeals they chose to go on.

If you genuinely believe the behaviour was acceptable then it's pointless going round in circles. All I would say is that you are in a vast minority.

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Some would say the angry contorted faces screaming:

'keaners keaners keaners' 

'Where were you when we were shit' 

Is far more boorish than fans on the pitch.....

I've just walked outside of the hotel, first thing I see, 5 kids playing football in Rovers shirts, tremendous.

The suns shining and Blackburn looks a picture, it's been a superb few days and I wouldn't have missed any of it for the world. 

Some of those same angry people yelled out "who?" when club President Keith Lee came onto the pitch with the trophy. This is someone who was previously on the board and quite possibly put his hand in his pockets at the time. From what I've heard goes to every youth game home and away and deserves a little better than "who?". At least it wasn't Coar! 

Can't help agreeing with Rover Shaun somewhat on the "namby pamby" stuff. I've never seen so many people complain about a pitch invasion. People might be upset when it happens at other clubs but not to this extent. Not including those that are protests rather than celebrations, etc.

The bottom line is that invading a football field is illegal in England, so those who encroached are in effect criminals. Hopefully, the police will prosecute as many as possible, if only to act as a deterrent to others. 

Just now, Giant said:

The bottom line is that invading a football field is illegal in England, so those who encroached are in effect criminals. Hopefully, the police will prosecute as many as possible, if only to act as a deterrent to,others. 

I would like to think the police have more important things to do than file tons of paperwork for some people running on a field. 

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

I would like to think the police have more important things to do than file tons of paperwork for some people running on a field. 

Depends who gets the money.

1 minute ago, Giant said:

The bottom line is that invading a football field is illegal in England, so those who encroached are in effect criminals. Hopefully, the police will prosecute as many as possible, if only to act as a deterrent to others. 

Christ.

Mowbray's comments before the Charlton match were wrong and his team selection wasn't right either.

But that's by the way now.

Time to forget Wigan and the title, and look forward to next season.

Stoke coming down, Lambert back at Ewood, and West Brom more than likely to join them. Two good grounds to visit next season. 

Never been to Southampton either, so hope they come down too. 

2 minutes ago, Giant said:

...and those that went on at Donny you want prosecuting too? And the Wigan fans at Donny yesterday, and the Rochdale fans at home yesterday?

A large idiotic minority high on a toxic mix of sunshine, beer, cheap tickets and success, very stupid but that's all it is stupidity brought on by the occasion not some mob rule.

Some of the name calling is surely enough in condemnation but calls for police prosecution and life bans come on there's far bigger issues for them to be dealing with.

Don't let this rumble on for weeks or you let the eejits win draw a line under it for gods sake.

Future generations of Rovers' families will be split between who went on the pitch at Donny (good) and who went on at Ewood (evil). It will ruin lives. People will be stigmatised and ostracised and made to go and live in Colne. Amnesty International will possibly get involved.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

...and those that went on at Donny you want prosecuting too? And the Wigan fans at Donny yesterday, and the Rochdale fans at home yesterday?

The ones who went on after the whistle at both games were fine.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Future generations of Rovers' families will be split between who went on the pitch at Donny (good) and who went on at Ewood (evil). It will ruin lives. People will be stigmatised and ostracised and made to go and live in Colne. Amnesty International will possibly get involved.

Imagine if you find out one of your friends was a pitch invader ?

At least plenty have another ready made excuse for not turning up next season now !

Two (or three) wrongs clearly don"t make a right but whose bright idea is it to hold final games at 5.30p.m. On a Bank Holiday? A combination of all day drinking And in this case the unusually good weather is bound to encourage similar scenes up and down the Country at whichever Clubs happen to be promoted!

Buffoonery and oiks who Can't handle their ale aren't mutually exclusive to Blackburn and the surrounding areas I wouldn't imagine.

Just now, Mike E said:

The ones who went on after the whistle at both games were fine.

Wigan fans went on when they scored. The horror;)

Pitch Invasions are a bit fashionable at the moment. Aided by the fact that league 1 clubs don't have many Stewards and don't want to pay for the Police. The worse aspect of yesterday was the lad getting battered on his return to the BBE. I thought that was pretty sickening to be fair.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Two (or three) wrongs clearly don"t make a right but whose bright idea is it to hold final games at 5.30p.m. On a Bank Holiday? A combination of all day drinking And in this case the unusually good weather is bound to encourage similar scenes up and down the Country at whichever Clubs happen to be promoted!

Buffoonery and oiks who Can't handle their ale aren't mutually exclusive to Blackburn and the surrounding areas I wouldn't imagine.

It was Sky's and the EFL's idea (well Sky's) because they wanted to show a live game (Rochdale) and couldn't at 3pm. 

Archived