BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

...and those that went on at Donny you want prosecuting too? And the Wigan fans at Donny yesterday, and the Rochdale fans at home yesterday?

Why not? Too much low level crime goes unpunished. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s all getting a bit silly on here now.

Pitch invasions are part of the game and that’s that. 

Doncaster (1st wave) was a fantastic moment, then it got daft and we missed out on spending time with the players.

Yesterday hundreds of folk ran on the pitch with the game still going, people thought that was brainless.

It was always going to happen at full time, but instead we missed out on a potential final goal and had to watch two fairly poorly attended pitch invasions.

Pitch invasions are part of the game, so no point getting in a moral panic about it, just the minority need to engage their brains.

12 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Well, he belongs to a premier league club so not gonna matter eh

Well yeah that as well. Just seemed like a bit of a dig at Mahoney without context though I suppose it's true.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Waggott’s obviously been given a remit (or given himself one) to squeeze every penny - he/they may have taken one punt too many with those prices.

We’ll have to see how they sell.

Just as a general point, do you think we should be paying exactly the same to watch Championship football as League 1 football or something?

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Actually yesterday was the first time I've been impressed by Nyambe. Admittedly I hadn't seen him for a couple of seasons but yesterday i saw what people have been telling me is in there somewhere

He's improved a lot under Mowbray. His one-on-one defending is very good for a lad his age. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Just as a general point, do you think we should be paying exactly the same to watch Championship football as League 1 football or something?

But we paid the same to watch League One football as we did for Championship football. The club can't have it both ways.

Not necessarily, however 17% is a fair whack of an increase in one summer, I prefer the analogy of the frog in slowly heated water approach - small incremental  increases.

Just now, arbitro said:

But we paid the same to watch League One football as we did for Championship football. The club can't have it both ways.

You're looking at it the wrong way round. The Club quite sensibly implemented a price freeze last season because we'd been relegated and I guess it was a hard enough job to shift a decent number even without an increase.

However just because prices were frozen last season doesn't mean the fans should expect that to be the case every season.

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Celebratory, spontaneous pitch invasions are one thing. Going on because you want to be a rebel, break the rules, not do what you are told and piss people off is slightly different. 

I could understand the original invasion at Doncaster. To keep doing it after TM himself had said stop was baffling. To do it yesterday despite the club telling you specifically not to, and before the final whistle, was just idiots.

Also, if Im in a pub and hundreds of people are watching footy on tv, and I decide to run around in front of the screen for 10 minutes so no-one can see, then just go and sit back alongside them, I have a feeling I know what will happen.

I'm not defending the pitch invaders, they acted like the pissed up nobs they probably are. However your pub analogy just condones the actions of even bigger dickheads. If i was in a pub and someone started acting up then they'd get removed either by the bouncers, landlord. What i wouldn't expect is there to be 4 cowards waiting outside to smash his head in. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Not necessarily, however 17% is a fair whack of an increase in one summer, I prefer the analogy of the frog in slowly heated water approach - small incremental  increases.

0 % increase last season though so in reality it' s 17% over 2 seasons.

You're looking at it the wrong way round. The Club quite sensibly implemented a price freeze last season because we'd been relegated and I guess it was a hard enough job to shift a decent number even without an increase.

However just because prices were frozen last season doesn't mean the fans should expect that to be the case every season.

We were paying the same for an inferior product though. They couldn't have justified a price increase so the softer option was a price freeze.

I can't think of any other area where I spend money when I have had a 17% increase foisted on me in one fell swoop.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fliers? No need for these when there are posters all around the ground advertising the prices for next season. Was announce on the website, twitter and Facebook plus the LT. 

Posters which people may or may not see and social media which many people do not use. A flier placed in each fan's hand as they went through the turnstile would have been better in my view.  

People invading the pitch - idiots but no harm caused

Invading the pitch when the game is still going on - brainless but harmless

4 blokes battering someone for invading the pitch - stupid, brainless, nasty, scummy, and could cause serious harm

The third offence is the most serious by a factor of 1000 and anyone that says otherwise is probably just as nasty as the 4 cowards that did it.

Seventeen per cent is unjustifiable - even over 2 seasons. People's wages have not risen by anything like that much (if at all) and attending football is discretionary spending. In these straitened times and working people still under the thumb of a vindictive government, fans are quite justified is saying no to going down to Ewood. The increase is prices appears to be spectacular own goal by the Rovers management at a time when the club was beginning to win back some fans' goodwill . 

24 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Probably cos the Tory two hats cut police numbers by 20%. Do you vote Tory, Giant?

Sorry to disappoint you Blueboy, I’ve never voted Tory in my life and never would, but I do believe in respecting the law.

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Posters which people may or may not see and social media which many people do not use. A flier placed in each fan's hand as they went through the turnstile would have been better in my view.  

Posters which are next to every entrance, bar, ticket office collections, club shop..

Most people are using some form of social media. Even got my dad who is 70 years old using facebook. 

I personally dont want fliers being handed to me. Waste of paper and we are now in 21st century now. Same when they come through the post we just bin them. 

24 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not defending the pitch invaders, they acted like the pissed up nobs they probably are. However your pub analogy just condones the actions of even bigger dickheads. If i was in a pub and someone started acting up then they'd get removed either by the bouncers, landlord. What i wouldn't expect is there to be 4 cowards waiting outside to smash his head in. 

I'm not condoning anything. I just don't have any sympathy for the guy cos he brought it on himself.

At Doncaster, after the second pitch invasion the crowd were chanting off, off, off and one little ball bag was just jumping up and down at the corner flag giving v's to all the crowd in time to the chant. Does he deserve a punch? Probably not but he needs to take responsibility  for  his own actions. He's bringing it on himself. As did yesterdays chap.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Posters which are next to every entrance, bar, ticket office collections, club shop..

Most people are using some form of social media. Even got my dad who is 70 years old using facebook. 

I personally dont want fliers being handed to me. Waste of paper and we are now in 21st century now. Same when they come through the post we just bin them. 

I'm with you here, Chaddy. Fliers would simply have littered the area around the ground. There were posters up, it was on the screen and announced countless times 9ver the PA system. But then some folks will still claim they don't know, because some can't be bothered to listen 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Were they ? Our next door neighbour went to the match and he didn't knowingly see any posters.

Alot of people don't use social media and the ones that do tend to ignore adverts.

A flier on the other hand is something you keep and put in your pocket - unless you're a litter lout.

Rovers management missed a trick. 

Archived