BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We would all love football excellence at Ewood park but we don't have owners who will bankroll such signings.So imo our best bet is signing young up and coming players who we can hopefully develop into good players.All you do is criticize ,especially our younger players.You don't go to many games do you? So you wouldn't have seen the improvement in the likes of Nyambe and Lenihan over the last 18 months yet your always on here calling Nyambe out

Lenihan is a good squad man needs to improve on his thirty forty yard passing . A summer playing football golf would be ideal to Improve his rigid peg leg kicking movement.

Nyambe did well against Oxford but it's Oxford he has nothing in attack he's there but little comes from him he's weak at heading and don't see this pace he's supposed to have.

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Des, I can only agree.  Too many of this board think being pissed, starting fights, causing trouble and sharing the hell out of people is okay.

I agree we are all rovers fans

2 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Ok, player reaction to the fans at away games better than at Ewood games. Fact. Sell out away games generates more atmosphere than a half empty Ewood. Steve Waggott should have tried to address that with the pricing policy.

Will they be sell out away games next season though ? Much bigger stadiums against clubs with their own issues filling the grounds.

To me it sounds like some locals are taking the club for granted and more than happy to put money into the coffers of other clubs rather than our own. You started off by justifying it witn finacial reasons which has now changed to player engaement and atmosphere because the finacial reasons obviously cant ring true. It just cannot be cheaper to visit an away ground rather than stay at home

What was supposed to be a celebration yesterday was soured by both sets of fans... Those who ran on before the end of the game (I don't mind at full time) and those singing "where were you when we were shit". My best mate had to stop two blokes from fighting in front of his little boy. A group of big lads, not young lads either, walking off the ground towards Brown Cow were singing about our own fans being "plastic" and generally being abrasive. I even heard of fighting in pubs afterwards. Yes, those fans who ran on twice did annoy and cause embarrassment somewhat but it was many of those sat in the stands chanting such things, that actually assaulted people and caused division on a day of celebration that I'm most disappointed in. To act high and mighty, pretending this club is only for them, is arguably more embarrassing than the behaviour of those on the pitch at the wrong time. Furthermore, it totally goes against what the manager has been trying to do since he came in, inspire people, give them belief, get people back in the ground and create a feeling of togetherness... Well done, you took a big piss on that, rather that encouraging people back I fear it may have had an adverse effect. Everyone of my mates that I spoke to, who hadn't been for a while left disappointed and embarrassed. 

Well done to TM and the players, I was most impressed with Mowbray's speach, discussing his ambitions of getting the club back to the prem "where it belongs", this ambition is something we've lacked for a long time, even if it's unrealised or unrealistic, it's nice to have someone in charge with that ambition and intention. 

On the game, if we want to do as well as Tony wants us to do then we're going to need some good recruitment. We played OK but being brutally honest, that isn't a team capable of competing in the top half of the championship in my opinion, some good honest players there but not enough quality for the level of TM's ambitions. Decent forwards, wingers and centre mids are needed. 

All in all, a day of mixed emotions, great to see Ewood in it's former glory yet disappointed in people's behaviour. 

IMG_20180505_172754.jpg

34 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Which is why they dangle early bird deals: “You can wait and see but it’ll cost you”.

To be fair, the so called "early" bird deals seem to have been extended more or less indefinitely in recent seasons.

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

£30 match experience at Ewood or £30 match experience away?

If you take that attitude then you're part of the problem. It's a vicious circle, if more people went to home games the atmosphere would be better. The more people choose not to go to Ewood the worse the atmosphere is.

If Ewood was fullish I'd rather sample a home game than an away one every day of the week. Who the he'l wants to spend several hours travelling to and from a game if you Don't have to? I'd rather spend that time productively doing something else or in the Pub!

3 hours ago, donnermeat said:

Would somebody that uses a food bank be able to buy a ST without the increase then?

Exactly that. I Don't see many if any other businesses pitching their prices purely to suit the section of the population with the lowest disposable income. Yet Rovers are supposed to do it seemingly.

Before people go down to the Civic Reception I suggest they pop into somewhetr like Nando's, state they're a bit hard up at the moment, demand a meal for half price and see how far they get!

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Indeed he has. Hello Paul.

Disgusted of Blackburn would have been the pseudonym on Points of View ??

"Get out of my way you pleb" could be his signature t-shirt ?

Total snobbish, superior attitude. You must live in a gated community Paul. I suggest you lock yourself back in with your Daily Mail poppet. ?

4 hours ago, AlanK said:

I don't get why people would prefer pay for some away games. If you can't afford a season ticket then why not some home games ?

x1000.

The home match day experience is bound to be a bit more humdrum and routine if you're doing it 23x per season than a handful of specially selected away games when you're making a real day out of them..

However, if you're only coming to say 5 or 6 home games per season I Don't see why you Can't put the same sort of effort and planning into them as you would a typical away trip for food/boozers etc and  turn it into a really enjoyable day.

Neal’s post is a bit disingenuous for me. The anger of those in the stands was out of frustration for those stopping the game, not that there was an invasion at all - there always was going to be one, we just had to witness it twice.

7 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Agreed. My point is, if the season ticket price is too much, selective away games might be preferable to home games at £30 for the better atmosphere.

What a load of tosh

5 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Disgusted of Blackburn would have been the pseudonym on Points of View ??

"Get out of my way you pleb" could be his signature t-shirt ?

Total snobbish, superior attitude. You must live in a gated community Paul. I suggest you lock yourself back in with your Daily Mail poppet. ?

Always voted Labour, read the Guardian.  Hate yobs.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Neal’s post is a bit disingenuous for me. The anger of those in the stands was out of frustration for those stopping the game, not that there was an invasion at all - there always was going to be one, we just had to witness it twice.

How was it disingenuous? Being sat in the Darwen End I was fully aware of where and how the pitch invasion started and I can totally understand the anger at it but it was my opinion that how people reacted was equally, if not more out of order. Fine, boo, make your point but don't shame people who's support is needed by the club, further, do not ASSAULT them and try to start fights with them. There is no excuse for that. Shameful. 

Just now, Neal said:

How was it disingenuous? Being sat in the Darwen End I was fully aware of where and how the pitch invasion started and I can totally understand the anger at it but it was my opinion that how people reacted was equally, if not more out of order. Fine, boo, make your point but don't shame people who's support is needed by the club, further, do not ASSAULT them and try to start fights with them. There is no excuse for that. Shameful. 

You are defending the wrong people Neal.

The idiots who charge the pitch aren’t Rovers supporters and never will be. They didn’t even wait for the presentation - something the genuine fans did do - they all left the stadium, job done.

This is not a protest/no-protest issue, it isn’t a class divide issue, it’s about an element of the Blackburn population who were there for the “craic”.

Yes, some fans will have seen it as an excuse to join in for a laugh - mainly kids. They shouldn’t have but they did. The “keaners keaners” chants before the game had ended included both lots of fans. The “where were you” ones were aimed at those who ultimately went.

Just our of interest though, where were they? A good number will have genuine reasons but 16,000+ more than our normal home gate? They were doing other things because they don’t support Rovers. I certainly didn’t see very many Rovers shirts on that pitch. A dozen? Have a look yourself below.

Let’s not pretend either that anyone who was ‘made to feel unwelcome’ in the Blackburn End was some kind of innocent. The goading was on both sides, and unchecked these things escalate.

2658E347-A879-411B-A8F4-1E25E51E9834.jpeg

Archived