BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

Just now, Neal said:

To those fans I simply smirked at him and thought "all right dickhead, you've had your fun now get yourself off now"... I didn't think I needed to go and physically assault someone in front of families with young children on a day we should be celebrating nor did I feel the need to verbally abuse them either... What does it achieve? Sorry but i don't see how people can defend it. 

I've not defended it. I'm just saying that actions bring re-actions and he brought it on himself.. See my pub analogy from yesterday. He must have know running towards the blackburn end, giving them verbals, what may happen.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mattyblue said:

This debate keeps raging because posters are ignoring the facts repeatedly.

No problem with pitch invasions, they happen everywhere - there must have been a dozen this weekend alone.

Doncaster invasion 1 - Great moment, Dack on shoulders and so on, never forget it

Invasion 2 and 3 - Selfish, as it meant those in the stands saw nowt apart from people milling around the pitch with their phones - ignoring Mogga’s requests too.

Saturday - Final whistle? No problem,

Game still going with us on the attack? Bloody stupid.

And that’s that, nobody’s being a killjoy, no one is saying you can’t run on a pitch, just the selfishness of those that repeatedly did it at Doncaster etc. and their refusal to respect their fellow fan waiting in the stands.

I was told after the game that fans thought the final whistle had gone on Saturday, so did nothing more than jump the gun really...

Just now, Hasta said:

I've not defended it. I'm just saying that actions bring re-actions and he brought it on himself.. See my pub analogy from yesterday. He must have know running towards the blackburn end, giving them verbals, what may happen.

Ok mate fair enough but all I'm saying people's reactions could have been a bit more civil considering the circumstances. 

Just now, Gav said:

I was told after the game that fans thought the final whistle had gone on Saturday, so did nothing more than jump the gun really...

I was stood right there, this is what happened. 

Just now, Hasta said:

Go look at the Doncaster thread and see what I said Gav. At the final whistle at Doncaster I fully understood the pitch invasion.  I said that at the time.

They were then told to return to the stand so the players could come out (including by Mowbray). They returned then invaded the pitch twice more with many of them just going past the stewards and then doing nothing. 

Maybe I misunderstood when you said fans only went on the pitch at Donny because they were told not to.

Just now, FGS5635 said:

I just dont get the facination with running on the pitch. It just seems so utterly pointless to me

And yet when Leon Best, amongst others in recent years, think like that it doesn’t go down at all well!

Fair enough, jumped the gun slightly, so why did it take them so long to clear off the pitch then?

Repeated tannoy announcements telling them the game hadn’t finished, the ref standing there etc.

Nowt to do with just wanting to dick about and put the V’s up to authority?

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Maybe I misunderstood when you said fans only went on the pitch at Donny because they were told not to.

OK. Badly worded on my part. First one at Doncaster no issue. The other two were selfish pricks.

MattyBlue sums it up pretty well above when he breaks the invasions down.

Just now, bob fleming said:

And yet when Leon Best, amongst others in recent years, think like that it doesn’t go down at all well!

But in fairness Bob they didn't actually RUN on the pitch. ?

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

The fans went on the pitch in 75 to celebrate promotion, they went on the pitch in 1979 to celebrate promotion, the same in 2018 at Doncaster.

Do you have a pulse Hasta? 

The overreaction from many has left me speechless Gav tbh.

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

Ok mate fair enough but all I'm saying people's reactions could have been a bit more civil considering the circumstances. 

I do agree with most of what you've said on here today Neal, but that pr1ck in the grey tracksuit who ran from the Darwen End when everyone was more or less off the pitch deserved a slap and got one.

The woman stood in the Bburn End goalmouth with the sunglasses on bigger than her head wasn't having her best moment either.

Just now, Gav said:

do agree with most of what you've said on here today Neal, but that pr1ck in the grey tracksuit who ran from the Darwen End when everyone was more or less off the pitch deserved a slap and got one.

No he didn't. He should have just been removed from the ground (which he was). He didn't need some pissed-up neanderthals trying to cave his head in. Grow up.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

No he didn't. He should have just been removed from the ground (which he was). He didn't need some pissed-up neanderthals trying to cave his head in. Grow up.

Wearing a grey tracksuit at any time deserves some sort of punishment surely :P

12 hours ago, JAL said:

Thought all four of Rovers strikers against Oxford had poor games Samuel Graham Armstrong and Antonsson.

Talk of season tickets is premature when you don't know who the club is going to sign this summer. 

Dont need to wait and see who we sign. Has no effect on me as I will renew automatically. 

Why does it matters who we sign 1st before you buy a season ticket? Are you expecting Messi or someone to sign? I expect 6 sensible signings this summer by Mowbray. 

Samuel was man of the match. Had an excellent game. Graham was good aswell. Did you not attend?

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

I do agree with most of what you've said on here today Neal, but that pr1ck in the grey tracksuit who ran from the Darwen End when everyone was more or less off the pitch deserved a slap and got one.

The woman stood in the Bburn End goalmouth with the sunglasses on bigger than her head wasn't having her best moment either.

He was especially annoying tbf Gav, a real gob shite, me and my mates actually pointed him out but I don't want to be seeing people getting assaulted though when kids are there pal. Perhaps I've gone soft because I've got a little one now so I empathise with those people a little more. 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Wearing a grey tracksuit at any time deserves some sort of punishment surely :P

I'd agree with that. They should have brought Gok Wan on to take them off him and then fit him up with some nicer threads. He's never run on a pitch again.

Image result for gok wan

50 minutes ago, meadows said:

It’s amazing how ungainly and unathletic people ruining on a football pitch who aren’t footballers look isn’t it?

Haha so true.

To be honest, watching some of them was entertaining! 

When Man City swarmed in from all corners then all over the pitch and things nearly got very very nasty indeed it sparked less heated debate than this.  I suppose that was ok though because the whistle had gone :huh:

If we get promoted to the Prem (unlikely) are people going to stay away in offence at another ?

Let it drop for gods sake !!!!!!!!!

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Get to the Prem and I’ll be leading the charge :brfc:

The Rovers mascot led the charge at Donny, you'd not get that in the Prem!!

Archived