BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

2 hours ago, Neal said:

Sorry but i don't see how people can defend it. 

They are the same dickheads that would start throwing punches as soon as someone annoyed them a bit. The type of people who can’t control their anger after a couple of beers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

And that’s that, nobody’s being a killjoy, no one is saying you can’t run on a pitch, just the selfishness of those that repeatedly did it at Doncaster etc. and their refusal to respect their fellow fan waiting in the stands.

I haven’t seen many defending the invasion on Saturday, most are saying that it isn’t something that should get you wound up enough to start battering someone that went on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

So are we saying it would make it more valid if everyone on the pitch wore a Rovers shirt?

Would that have made it more palatable had all the Millwall fans been wearing club shirts as they flung the Luton seats around?

Seems the recent sun has cooked too many brains ?

Get over it

Yes, that’s exactly what is was saying. :rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

The Rovers mascot led the charge at Donny, you'd not get that in the Prem!!

He took a couple of steps onto the pitch then got off sharpish.

I expected the customary invasion on Saturday but not before the game had ended. No excuse for that.

2 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

I just dont get the facination with running on the pitch. It just seems so utterly pointless to me

It's like when you see a sign saying "WET PAINT'!

As much as I defended the one at Doncaster yet thought the one on Saturday was totally needless and left a sour taste, with the game not even finished, I must say ive seen many a pitch invasion this weekend so lets not try and pretend that its an issue with the lack of class within the Rovers fan base.

May I ask, do people still stand by the assertion that they feel that the pitch invasion justifies the closure of the Darwen End?

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I do agree with most of what you've said on here today Neal, but that pr1ck in the grey tracksuit who ran from the Darwen End when everyone was more or less off the pitch deserved a slap and got one.

The woman stood in the Bburn End goalmouth with the sunglasses on bigger than her head wasn't having her best moment either.

The sad  thing is..maybe, she was!

The huge crowd, pitch invasions and general euphoria for getting promoted 2nd in league 1 has gone down well over Burnley & Preston ways at least. If they do this kind of thing it's called passion but when it happens in Blackburn it's called plastic and sad :lol:

Got to love their ever twisted logic and let's not forget when Preston did ten pound tickets in a cup game v Blackpool their pitch invasion took on an altogether different meaning, we've never sunk to that level !

2 hours ago, Neal said:

He was especially annoying tbf Gav, a real gob shite, me and my mates actually pointed him out but I don't want to be seeing people getting assaulted though when kids are there pal. Perhaps I've gone soft because I've got a little one now so I empathise with those people a little more. 

Jeremy Kyle's Blue and White Army!

Just now, tomphil said:

The huge crowd, pitch invasions and general euphoria for getting promoted 2nd in league 1 has gone down well over Burnley & Preston ways at least. If they do this kind of thing it's called passion but when it happens in Blackburn it's called plastic and sad :lol:

Got to love their ever twisted logic and let's not forget when Preston did ten pound tickets in a cup game v Blackpool their pitch invasion took on an altogether different meaning, we've never sunk to that level !

Very confused are the Nob enders.

They were convinced no one would go to our games in League 1... because we are plastic.

Big crowd in League 1... because we are plastic

:wacko:

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

May I ask, do people still stand by the assertion that they feel that the pitch invasion justifies the closure of the Darwen End?

Someone has worked out the costs and recommended it's cheaper to close it to home fans. That's all.

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's like signs for wet cement, an invitation to test/check if it is still wet.

:rover:

Just like our current archaeologists fascinated with the meaning of cave art, in the future the thought of them pondering and researching "katie is a slag " on some newly uncovered ancient concrete pathway  always amuses  me

Just now, AggyBlue said:

Someone has worked out the costs and recommended it's cheaper to close it to home fans. That's all.

That sort of reasoning is valid, albeit for me doesnt factor in supporter happiness.

The question was more aimed at those who were using the invasion as reason alone.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Would I be right in the assumption that neither Burnley or Preston have ever seen a crowd as big as that at third tier level?

:brfc:

Since the Taylor Report I don't think either have seen a crowd that big at any level.

Cue Dingles and Nobbers.

Archived