BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

6 Bburn End upper tickets bought, but a hotel is proving a little more tricky, looks like Preston is the nearest which is fine. 

Since when did The Higher Trap at Simonstone market itself as burnley west? (Closed that site down right away, dingle ****s) :P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Should be one for the memory bank to dust off every time they pipe up about attendances over the next few years. 

Well they can say what they like and people have the option to ignore it. I don't use the attendances of smaller clubs (especially ones with such a boring name) as any kind of barometer.

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Oxford also have a young lad called Rothwell who we were linked with in January. 'Lap of honour' rule applies...

Be interested to see if he plays.

If not you have to wonder if it’s a Rothwell Conspiracy!

4 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

I gave up buying a pie at HT about September time as they couldn't cope with the BBE 60% full.

I don't know what it's like elsewhere in the ground but in the DE there used to be 2 'half time kiosks' open but they closed 1 early on in the season.

Over the past 3 years the Liverpool game has been used as an example again and again of the ‘lost’ fanbase not being quite as lost as we think.

There were 21,000 home fans in the ground that night - with a full Darwen End of away fans.

Every chance we will beat that tally on Saturday - for a game in the third division.

This grand old club is still alive!

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Over the past 3 years the Liverpool game has been used as an example again and again of the ‘lost’ fanbase not being quite as lost as we think.

There were 21,000 home fans in the ground that night - with a full Darwen End of away fans.

Every chance we will beat that tally on Saturday - for a game in the third division.

This grand old club is still alive!

Never doubted it to be honest, you improve the brand and the fans will come, its always been the case at Ewood.

If it wasn't for ludicrous segregation we'd have had many more home fans on against Liverpool to, plenty never got in.  

I have 2 tickets for the BBE which a friend bought me to entice me to go back. I had already told them not to but they ignored me and now I have them.

I have decided that I will go down around 4:30 and give them FOC to someone queuing up to be ripped off at the ticket office.

At least I can take £30 out of the hands of the Venkyscum before going home to watch the scores on the red button like I have for the past 2 years - and will be doing again next year.

Would it not be fairer to give the tickets back to your friend so he/she can decide what to do with them?

51 minutes ago, Giant said:

I have 2 tickets for the BBE which a friend bought me to entice me to go back. I had already told them not to but they ignored me and now I have them.

I have decided that I will go down around 4:30 and give them FOC to someone queuing up to be ripped off at the ticket office.

At least I can take £30 out of the hands of the Venkyscum before going home to watch the scores on the red button like I have for the past 2 years - and will be doing again next year.

Would it not be fairer to give the tickets back to your friend so he/she can decide what to do with them?

Miserable sod... 

Tickets are here, premier inn booked for 2 nights. Shift at work covered for Friday, mysterious illness meaning he can't go to school set to kick in for my lad on Friday morning and childcare sorted for my daughters. I sense a good weekend ahead. 

Just need to sort out the poisoning of the Wigan team's pre match Meal now. 

I love it when a plan comes together!!! 

Just now, nathan_rovers1 said:

Miserable sod... 

The highlighted section of my post was from Gladwingone’s post, I was merely commenting on it.

1 hour ago, Gladwingone said:

here is a hell of a lot to be proven before ANY forgiveness will be on the table.

And you are welcome round my house any time Steve to discuss in person.

How long are you going to remain bitter and twisted ?

I hate having the Tories in Downing Street but you just have to make the best of it.

Forget the owners, get down to Ewood and cheer the team on after a successful and enjoyable season. 

1 hour ago, Gladwingone said:

The club’s chief executive hopes reduced ticket prices can act as an ‘amnesty’ to those supporters critical of the running of the club in recent years.

Not a chance !

The owners need to leave first (unlikely)

or issue an apology (unlikely) AND return themselves (unlikely).

Tickets will remain at the reduced prices until 3pm on matchday before reverting to the usual Category B pricing structure ahead of the 5.30pm kick off.

So anyone feeling the excitment and getting the itch to go down as kick off approaches is again deterred from doing so by this silly Cheston policy.

Any thoughts I had to go down were blown away last weekend with the discgraceful Mowbray attitude to the title.

“Next season will be tough and hopefully we can have a stable platform to maintain Championship status and see where we go from there.”

I note that 6 months ago TM was talking about bouncing through the Championship but now  the club is pedalling backwards.

All recent comments are of being able to survive next season and then rebuild over the next 4 years. FFP excuses at the ready. Ye Ye... until we quickly stagnate and then go backwards again like the Bowyer years.

Emotions aside - We are playing Oxford in the third division (because of the owners) and now have got back to where we were before we hired Coyle. Simply to be expected with out squad and resources in such a poor league, where we have often struggled.

There is a hell of a lot to be proven before ANY forgiveness will be on the table.

And you are welcome round my house any time Steve to discuss in person.

Just get yourself in the crowd and cheer on the club you love. Celebrate what they have achieved this season. 

Only been on Ewood twice in last five years. Just got so fed up with it all. I jumped on the band wagon and went to Doncaster and enjoyed it all. I have now got a ticket for the Oxford game. Very impressed with the work TM and the team are doing. What's gone in the past we cant change. Let it go and move forward. I will be buying a season ticket once they come out. I have the bug again...

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

How long are you going to remain bitter and twisted ?

I hate having the Tories in Downing Street but you just have to make the best of it.

Forget the owners, get down to Ewood and cheer the team on after a successful and enjoyable season. 

Give over, you bang on about this on this MB at every chance, even now LOL

Anyway I digress, sorry.

• Backroom

I actually think this puts paid to the talk that thousands are boycotting, with the right pricing and success on the field people come back! 

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Gladwingone said:

Plenty will want to say "Thanks" to TM & the team on the final game, including the many who have been going away games only - That is fair enough.

Lets see how many are on first game next year Tom. 10,500 is my estimate.

I don’t expect a massive rise in attendances next season but you can bet a load would be back if we got back to the premier league.

I just don’t think there’s a huge amount of true boycotters. 

45 minutes ago, Gladwingone said:

Plenty will want to say "Thanks" to TM & the team on the final game, including the many who have been going away games only - That is fair enough.

Lets see how many are on first game next year Tom. 10,500 is my estimate.

That would be a disastrous attendance figure. Bear in mind most of our home games this season have been higher and our gates under the wretched Coyle were higher than that. Also bear in mind that the vast majority of Championship clubs will bring 1500+ to Ewood rather than the usual 500 we get in League One. Only really Burton, Reading, QPR, Brentford, Millwall, Ipswich who won't bring more than 1,000.

I think our target should be 15,000 home fans and I don't see that as unrealistic in the Championship. Home averages under Bowyer including away fans were closing in on 15,000 with 10,000+ season ticket holders. With a feel good factor, some lateral thinking, a big push and decent pricing I see no reason why that 10,000 can't be pushed up more towards 13,000 with a couple of thousand walk-ons.

Archived