BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Coyle was the last straw because he was a failure in his previous jobs AND an ex Burnley manager. Had he merely been a failure in his previous job then we'd have crossed our fingers and hoped and when it went pear shaped we'd have said every club makes mistakes and he was just another in our long list. Had he merely been an ex Burnley manager, we'd have coped, especially if he'd done well. Who'd say no to Sean Dyce?  It was the 2 facts of being rubbish and ex Burnley and then the way he was appointed when it was clear he was not the originally chosen candidate that really felt like the club was sticking 2 fingers up at the fans, and that caused all the hostility. He should, quite simply, have  been no nearer being appointed Rovers manager than I should

The biggest thing in a long list of things with him besides the fact he was clearly useless was the blatant obvious connections to places we didn't want connecting and had never really gone away. Add in he was on record at both Burnley and Bolton in having pops at Rovers fans the latter when he so gallantly defended his mate ( from the stable he'd never heard of ).

Guy shouldn't have been within three miles of Ewood unless he was in the away dug out which lets face it he might as well have been when he was our manager.

Clownpants :angry:

38 minutes ago, LewisF said:

Still not quite over the Warnock fiasco. Who’s to say we wouldn’t near the championship playoffs by now, with the same level as funding as given this season (a couple of million)?

The documentary about QPR which I think was called four year plan or something similar he's on there telling their clearly bonkers owners give me a couple of million, let me sign x and y and i'll get you promoted.

He did.

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

I've ummed and ahed about going precisely because I don't want to be thought a glory hunter. I'm not really. I stuck with it as long as I could but then decided that I was being driven into a permanently miserable state by the standard of football, effort and commitment shown by our team. The appointment of Coyle coupled with the closure of the Blackburn end Upper incensed me so much that I simply had to step away. I'll admit I could have been back before now but I really had found other things to do and wasn't ready to return. No season ticket but possibly what they call a phased return next season

The appointment of Coyle stunk to high heaven( apologies to L.Wainwright) You were entitled to make a stand..

Come and enjoy the occasion. Why deprive yourself? What is to be gained?

2 hours ago, LewisF said:

Still not quite over the Warnock fiasco. Who’s to say we wouldn’t near the championship playoffs by now, with the same level as funding as given this season (a couple of million)?

Nor should you be.

It was scandalous and the implications of someone behind the arras selecting the SEM denier over Warnock were frightening.

4 hours ago, gumboots said:

Coyle was the last straw because he was a failure in his previous jobs AND an ex Burnley manager. Had he merely been a failure in his previous job then we'd have crossed our fingers and hoped and when it went pear shaped we'd have said every club makes mistakes and he was just another in our long list. Had he merely been an ex Burnley manager, we'd have coped, especially if he'd done well. Who'd say no to Sean Dyce?  It was the 2 facts of being rubbish and ex Burnley and then the way he was appointed when it was clear he was not the originally chosen candidate that really felt like the club was sticking 2 fingers up at the fans, and that caused all the hostility. He should, quite simply, have  been no nearer being appointed Rovers manager than I should

Problem is most people say his past allegiances (if that's what you call walking out on a club mid season) had absolutely nothing to do with it. That insults my intelligence. Slade and Redfearn looked like worse candidates than Coyle to me. As I've said before I felt Rovers had a marginally better chance of staying up with Coyle (after all Bolton and Wigan didn't get relegated from the Championship while he was there) than Redfearn/Slade and for me that should have outweighed his previous associations. Should emphasise once again that didn't justify the appointment but the list was so bad that any positive needed to be grasped at. If John Barnes and Tony Adams had been appointed as joint managers some people would have preferred that over Coyle based on nothing more than his past. 

I would have preferred Joyce over them (despite his links to United and people should understand while I don't like their fans just look at the sheer number of unpleasant people associated with them) though couldn't understand why Wilcox wasn't at least approached given his past with the club and being in an equivalent role to Joyce. Most people didn't know anything about so called agent links and we still don't know what Warnock was asking. As I've said before one remark made to me was he wanted to work twice a week. I can't see Tan allowing that (not sure what his situation is at Cardiff) but maybe they paid him more so he agreed to more days. Coyle left Houston (hence why he wasn't mentioned earlier) and if he used anything to his advantage it was probably his wage demands being low. Hardly a crime. Once again he wasn't the only one who defended Kean. People like Dalglish did though maybe he woke up that day crying over Geoff Thomas more than usual. So did Ferguson but people would rather quote him on Anderson when it was nothing more than defending Allardyce. Plus Anderson screwed over Man City to a lesser extent (you really think Ferguson cared about that?) so lets not believe Ferguson was looking out for Rovers in any fashion.  

am I right in thinking that, because of the 'unreserved seating' in the Darwen End, the capacity is cut by a percentage (I remember 25% but not sure)

8 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Another ticket sold to a friend of mine who supports Rovers and is travelling over from the USA especially for this game.

He has literally never lived in England or ever been to Ewood but wants to celebrate with the rest of us.

Blue army!

My mate and I are also coming up from Malta for this one. Similarly, we've never lived in England and are both Maltese with no relation to Blackburn apart from the love for the club. He's never been to Ewood or seen them live. This will be my 3rd time this season, so I've prob spent more than a season ticket to watch 3 games :lol:

Hoping for awesome celebrations and being a bit cheeky... hoping we snatch the title. 

If anyone wants to meet up send me an IM on Facebook Messenger (Owen Vella Tedesco). We're there from Friday evening and leave Sunday late morning.

RTID

Great to see the response. Glad I was correct in my forecast.

Hopefully there are season ticket details placed on every seat at Ewood.

Of course, getting a champagne performance from the lads is required with the players drinking the bubbly after the match, not all this week...

Oxford could be perfect party poopers- they have won the last two after slipping dangerously.

A repeat of the 4-2 win at their place would be most welcome; we would allow Jack Payne a late og.

18 hours ago, AAK said:

I knew it, it's finally here, this is my moment to shine, here we go....................

Blackburn end lower SOLD OUT - 5000 tickets sold
Jack Walker  330 unsold (some of which are to be netted originally thought these had been sold but it was closed originally) - 10670 tickets sold
Riverside 403 unsold (riverside capacity is 4367 as far as i know) - 3964 tickets sold
Darwen End too many, but looking at whats sold (and not including the middle bit of which is netting so won't be sold) - circa 800 tickets sold
Oxford - 1500 tickets sold

Gives us 21,934 (give or take a couple of hundred) if they include hospitality, then we are in the 22,300 or so mark.

Thanks for info..

I'm very pleased so many Rovers fans have bought tickets for this game and will enjoy this special atmosphere that the fans we make..

So good to see people return to Ewood. No digs or negative comments from me. Only positives. 

Tony Mowbray Blue and White Army 

COYB!!!

Cant wait for this game. Im buzzing for it and its only Tuesday. 4 days to go. 

Great to see the support for this game building.

My 7yr old girl is bouncing off the wall with excitement at her 1st trip to Ewood even with a 6 hour round drive. I was 7 when I 1st sat in the old upper tier of the riverside and remember it vividly. Even the wife is looking forward to it.

Come on Rovers !

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for info..

I'm very pleased so many Rovers fans have bought tickets for this game and will enjoy this special atmosphere that the fans we make..

So good to see people return to Ewood. No digs or negative comments from me. Only positives. 

Tony Mowbray Blue and White Army 

COYB!!!

Cant wait for this game. Im buzzing for it and its only Tuesday. 4 days to go. 

So you agree cheap ticket games are a good idea then?

6 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Why would there be?  They've back the manager, put a management structure in place at Ewood and are continuing to pay the bills.  

Should be intersting to see if there is any. Does your job depend on them parsons.

Yeah, great credit to them for putting things in place that were already there before they destroyed them. :rolleyes: It's only taken them 7 years, 10 managers, 2 relegations and £120m+ of debt. Paying the bills they've created and leaving the manager to do his job is the least they should do.

Celebrate Mowbray and the team's great achievements of this season, they thoroughly deserve it and so do the fans! But, while it would be totally inappropriate to spoil the celebration with Venkys Out chants at this game, never forget the damage they've done and the mess we're starting to get out of now is their fault in the first place.

David Conn has an article on the Chicken Chokers and Rovers in todays " Guardian ". Nothing members of this board won't know but he hammers home the message that the Chokers only bought the club as a publicity vehicle for their chicken business and had no interest what so ever in the football side of Rovers.

As far as I can see nothing's changed there.

Archived