BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Civic Reception

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think the celebrations at the game against Oxford would be more than sufficient. Especially after the stick Burnley received for having similar when finishing 2nd in the championship.

Edit - We may of course still win the league, point still remains though.

37 minutes ago, Songman said:

Personally I think the celebrations at the game against Oxford would be more than sufficient. Especially after the stick Burnley received for having similar when finishing 2nd in the championship.

Edit - We may of course still win the league, point still remains though.

I take the opposite view and would congratulate the Council for seizing the initiative on this. Any chance to bring the club back closer to the town and its residents is welcome imo.  

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Nice way to find some use for the heavily invested in but normally deserted new area I suppose ;)

Fair enough idea but should be in the traditional spot !

With one exception as we discussed on twitter! 

As for the traditional spot that was discussed on twitter too but I'll share my thoughts here. The council have never really appreciated the club and 1992 was probably more a case of them sucking up to Jack than anything. Then again there was probably a reception at the town hall in 1987 so maybe not. In 1995 the club was probably happy to have the reception at Ewood given that then (and now) it's the best facility in the town. I suppose it would be churlish to turn down an invite so it might as well be held. Think the reception at Ewood will be enough for most so probably not going out of my way to attend this as well.

Probably first visit to the town centre for many of the players. B) Suppose that's a bit of a churlish remark given the timing but it's probably true.

35 minutes ago, Mike E said:

What time are filming getting there? Says half4 start but 'early attendance advised'?

Is it limited numbers?

It is.They advise to get down early.

On another note they have a new fan interaction app available

www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/introducing-the-new-official-rovers-fan-app/

Just now, islander200 said:

It is.They advise to get down early.

On another note they have a new fan interaction app available

www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/introducing-the-new-official-rovers-fan-app/

“Madame, the fans are asking for better communication from the club”

”Give then an app to download”

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

What time are filming getting there? Says half4 start but 'early attendance advised'?

Is it limited numbers?

All depends how many people turn up and how quickly Cathedral Square fills I guess. We're getting there at 3.30/4pm. The later you get there the more chance you'll have of being stuck at the back.

Incidentally when was the last time we won anything at home (promotion/ league titles)? Never happened in my supporting lifetime sadly. (first game 1983)?

Though Deepdale was a grand evening out as was Wembley and Cardiff.

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Incidentally when was the last time we won anything at home (promotion/ league titles)? Never happened in my supporting lifetime sadly. (first game 1983)?

I might be mistaken but we've never won promotion at Ewood. Think it is 7 times we've gone up and every time it has been secured away from home.

Archived