BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Civic Reception

• Backroom
Just now, perthblue02 said:

Don't keep it a secret , do tell what it was :)

'Great to do some proper training since the last manager was binned off...thankfully!'

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I might be mistaken but we've never won promotion at Ewood. Think it is 7 times we've gone up and every time it has been secured away from home.

1975 - Secured promotion with a win at home against Chesterfield

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/match_of_the_decade/10443728.Match_of_the__70s__Blackburn_Rovers/

So all those rumours about Coyles outdated clueless training methods are appearing true. I remain convinced that twohat was happy to just pick up wages here going through the motions whilst the club slid to kingdom come.

Just now, tomphil said:

So all those rumours about Coyles outdated clueless training methods are appearing true. I remain convinced that twohat was happy to just pick up wages here going through the motions whilst the club slid to kingdom come.

Bowyer was very lax as well and while it wasn't as disastrous it might have made that bit of difference towards getting in the playoffs. Of course Bennett wasn't here under Bowyer but like I said on other thread it's a bit cheap and a bit cowardly from Bennett to ignore Venkys' part in the clubs failings. It's a shame because I think he's a decent guy but Dunn probably whispered "quick say something negative about the ex Burnley guy you will be able to steal a wage like me for ever". 

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Bowyer was very lax as well and while it wasn't as disastrous it might have made that bit of difference towards getting in the playoffs. Of course Bennett wasn't here under Bowyer but like I said on other thread it's a bit cheap and a bit cowardly from Bennett to ignore Venkys' part in the clubs failings. It's a shame because I think he's a decent guy but Dunn probably whispered "quick say something negative about the ex Burnley guy you will be able to steal a wage like me for ever". 

What about the Walkers Vinjay? and the Trust? You’ve missed them out. Oh and Northcote.

If you could have a little rant about them before bedtime that’ll be lovely.

All worthier topics to bring up than Coyle in the past, present and future (aside from during his time here when it was quite possibly more equal relevance) but you have mentioned them for me now so thanks. :D

5 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Bowyer was very lax as well and while it wasn't as disastrous it might have made that bit of difference towards getting in the playoffs. Of course Bennett wasn't here under Bowyer but like I said on other thread it's a bit cheap and a bit cowardly from Bennett to ignore Venkys' part in the clubs failings. It's a shame because I think he's a decent guy but Dunn probably whispered "quick say something negative about the ex Burnley guy you will be able to steal a wage like me for 

5 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

He's a player who's played for numerous managers to be fair so no doubt he knows the difference between good ones and bad ones. The stink of clueless training methods and poor dressing room atmospheres have followed Coyle from Bolton vis Wigan and Houston to Blackburn.

Bowyer = Inexperienced and too pally.

Coyle = Rank bad experienced manager with very large mercenary tendencies and a fondness for nice pay offs.

38 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

All worthier topics to bring up than Coyle in the past, present and future (aside from during his time here when it was quite possibly more equal relevance) but you have mentioned them for me now so thanks. :D

Yeah because that's a players job at a civic reception isn't it !?  ?

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

I might be mistaken but we've never won promotion at Ewood. Think it is 7 times we've gone up and every time it has been secured away from home.

Unless my mind is playing tricks on me Chesterfield (H) 1975 was the point at which we secured promotion rom  the old Div 3 with a 2-0 win I think.

We secured the title at some point slightly later on. Port Vale cracking4-1 win in sweltering heat away? Everyone seemed to think winning the title seemed to matter in those days!

Oops sorry. Herbie already posted. Apologies.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Unless my mind is playing tricks on me Chesterfield (H) 1975 was the point at which we secured promotion rom  the old Div 3 with a 2-0 win I think.

We secured the title at some point slightly later on. Port Vale cracking4-1 win in sweltering heat away? Everyone seemed to think winning the title seemed to matter in those days!

Oops sorry. Herbie already posted. Apologies.

A Rovers fan remembering securing a lower(?) league Title all those years ago.

Not supposed to happen. Very worrisome.

I mean could it be as simple as Rovers fans do actually have memory capacity beyond Goldfish and enjoy remembering Rovers highlights and achievements.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Do you not enjoy things? Y'know like a @#/?ing normal person?

10 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I'd of expected a few more. I know it was promotion to the Prem but you couldn't move outside the town hall and King William Street in 2001 and 1992

Screenshot_2018-05-07-16-53-13-243_com.android.chrome.png

See my original post Shaun, wasnt moaning by the way, just didn’t think it was needed and wasn’t on my own by the look of it.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Neil Weaver said:

Seriously, you expect a normal post from Vinjay?????  How long have you been around here Mike?

A paltry 9 years ? #newb

• Backroom
Just now, McClarky said:

Just saw the pics from this. What is the trophy? Did someone just go out and buy 1 to present ourselves with. I always thought there were no prizes for finishing 2nd.

Think they changed it last year as it seemed odd that 1 team out of the 3 promoted got no trophy.

Going off the Southampton celebrations in their changing room after the game last night, there will be trophies for avoiding relegation next :) 

The trophy for 2nd is a bit strange alright. They could have at least made it bigger. Saw Nathan Ake tweet a pic the other day of his fans player of the year award and that was way more impressive looking :) 

Archived