BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

Just now, scotchrover said:

Aberdeen 1-0 Dingle at H.T., in the ‘Sheep Fiddlers’ Derby’......

HEARTBREAK

Part of me hopes they get through. A short European campaign could well ruin their start to the season.

The sooner Bumley are relegated the better.

• Like 3

Didn't even realise that lot had been playing until I saw this mornings paper and them hammering the turnout. 

Battle of Britain, first European game in 50yrs, swathes of empty seats, 3k from Aberdeen, not exactly caught the imagination now has it.

'If we get into Europe they'll have to put seats up Brunshaw'

???

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Didn't even realise that lot had been playing until I saw this mornings paper and them hammering the turnout. 

Battle of Britain, first European game in 50yrs, swathes of empty seats, 3k from Aberdeen, not exactly caught the imagination now has it.

'If we get into Europe they'll have to put seats up Brunshaw'

???

We have nowt to shout about Gav..the Trelleborgs attendance for our first ever European game was appalling.

On 05/08/2018 at 18:33, roverandout said:

Burnley doing what rovers should be doing now before scumkys turned up..buying sensibly and building a team up..the way the premiership is now..rovers could easily have been a top 6 club.

Yep, without question the sale of Rovers to the Lunatics came at about the very,very worst possible time.

The Walker offspring could have been worth Tens if not Hundreds of Millions more if they had had their fathers business nous. The club should have been a family dynasty for them but they fecked up big time imo.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 9

• Moderation Lead

I wouldn't be so quick to claim the moral high ground, given that one of Burnley's songs celebrates the death of Jack Walker......

Edited by K-Hod

Tomphil mentioned it a post or 2 before mine.

As for moral high ground - I would hope most Rovers fans don’t share his sentiment- hence the quotes around fan - animosity is one thing but wishing people stabbed? I wasn’t suggesting he represented most Rovers fans and if you thought I were my apologies.

8 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Tomphil mentioned it a post or 2 before mine.

As for moral high ground - I would hope most Rovers fans don’t share his sentiment- hence the quotes around fan - animosity is one thing but wishing people stabbed? I wasn’t suggesting he represented most Rovers fans and if you thought I were my apologies.

Please tell me you haven’t come on here to have a pop at us cos of one dickhead (probably a thick kid, ironically with “Place of birth: Bumley” on his birth certificate) posting on social media NOT on this site??

You’re better than that.

Did you go, btw?

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

This obsession with our attendances really isn’t healthy lads.

For the record no one got stabbed (I know a ‘fan’ of yours was wishing for that on social media the tool) as far as I know and a great time was had by all - but the game was poor. Still 0-0 away, mustn’t grumble.

The digs were because predictably all we heard yesterday on social media was of Burnley taking over Turkey, taking thousands and miles more than t'wovers ever did in Europe !

Decent following but as usual not up to the mythical numbers banded around and probably on a par with what Rovers would've taken.  A bit disappointing though given first game in Europe for 50+ years and all the Premier league tourists you have at away games these days I have to say.

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Please tell me you haven’t come on here to have a pop at us cos of one dickhead (probably a thick kid, ironically with “Place of birth: Bumley” on his birth certificate) posting on social media NOT on this site??

You’re better than that.

Did you go, btw?

Nah - was just having a laugh about the attendance stuff - he’s a dick but provided a bit of mild ammunition for fun - we’ve got plenty of them of our own.

yeah I went -  I’m still here, fly back tomorrow. It was I thought a respectable turnout considering cost and distance - plus the Turkish reputation. They were technically pretty decent to be honest but couldn’t score - certainly not convinced we will win next Thursday.

On 02/05/2018 at 16:13, 4000Holes said:

Isn't this the pub where they are going to run the competition "Burnleys got talent"?  I hear a guy who can tie his own shoelaces is favourite to win.

In fairness its easy for them they have a spare finger.

On 10/08/2018 at 11:18, K-Hod said:

I wouldn't be so quick to claim the moral high ground, given that one of Burnley's songs celebrates the death of Jack Walker......

Bad example to set as a mod. Don't think I've brought up the subject of those chants before (though I have on twitter) but obviously I don't like such chants. The problem is that stabbing tweet was obviously aimed at their whole fanbase. It had nothing to do with Jack as did most of the tweets that only seem to mention him because it involves Burnley. They don't mention anything of significantly more importance such as the Walker Family/trustees. Which one do people think Jack would have been more bothered about? That's supposed to be a rhetorical question. A lot of the people who engage in those chants are thick sheep and when it comes to stupidity of football fans it's pretty widespread. There's some truly malicious ringleaders no doubt. I saw a tweet about a Rovers fan who died a few days back and a number of responses were from Burnley fans. Didn't see any that were of an abusive nature either. Tired of excuses both ways two wrongs don't make a right in many instances.

• Like 1