BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

8 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

And the shear incompetence of at least half of the above perhaps gives an answer (or least part of an answer) to our early wonderings about foreign managers...

I wouldn’t say half personally, however are the non marquee foreign managers that are parachuted in usually any better?

On 17/08/2018 at 16:33, Stuart said:

A handful? Come on, there’s way more than 6!

Without being sarcastic...

Liverpool

City

United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Leicester

Everton

Newcastle

Rovers

Sunderland

West Ham

Leeds

Villa

Birmingham

Fulham

Norwich

Sheff Wed

Sheff Utd

All of these teams have more expectation and therefore pressure than Bumley.

Then you have non-English clubs...

Celtic in Europe would be a step up

He might fancy doing what McLaren did in Holland with a more experienced European side. When you take a club like Bumley to 7th then you get offers. To turn them down shows he has hit his comfort zone.

With respect, you lot probably can’t believe your luck at the moment and are just enjoying the ride fully expecting it to come to an end soon.

You were doing well until you got to Rovers on your list ......

5 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

You were doing well until you got to Rovers on your list ......

:lol: snuck that one in. Took a while.

That said I’d argue our fans have higher expectations than yours.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I'd have to scrub a few of those off. Big Club , Fulham, Sheffield Utd. Norwich maybe. Maybe add West Brom to the list.

We've a long way to go but I'd like to think we're on our way back.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

On 17/08/2018 at 11:11, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It says a lot about the directors of other established Premier League clubs that they aren't prepared to take a chance on him. Maybe he should change his name to Stefano Dychio.

...and a face transplant. People like Allardyce and Dyche have no marketing appeal.

23 hours ago, Stuart said:

May be true, Stuart ! Those of us who were around for the Orient game in 87 are still pinching ourselves that we're in the top flight, as some never thought we'd live to see the day !! As for the younger/newer fans, they'll need to develop a sense of perspective if they think that top half of the Premier League is the " norm " !

Objectively, given the town's size, and notwithstanding football hotbed, the history etc.. we should probably be mid-table Championship !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

May be true, Stuart ! Those of us who were around for the Orient game in 87 are still pinching ourselves that we're in the top flight, as some never thought we'd live to see the day !! As for the younger/newer fans, they'll need to develop a sense of perspective if they think that top half of the Premier League is the " norm " !

Objectively, given the town's size, and notwithstanding football hotbed, the history etc.. we should probably be mid-table Championship !!

Yeah,  since the abolition of the maximum wage any of the old mill town teams that are playing at the highest level are defying gravity. It's not just about money, the size of your fan base is still very important.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah,  since the abolition of the maximum wage any of the old mill town teams that are playing at the highest level are defying gravity. It's not just about money, the size of your fan base is still very important.

It is indeed TS, but not necessarily for creating an income stream.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888 

3 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Despite the population of Burnley, if you add on Padiham, Nelson, Brierfield, Colne, split Hyndburn in two, ditto the Ribble Valley, take two thirds of the Rossendale Valley, include Keighley, Silsden, Todmorden, Barnoldswick, Earby and Skipton, you have one hell of a catchment area and one that most clubs would give their right arm for! At Rovers, for example, we go five miles west and we’re in Preston territory, five miles east and we’re in Burnley territory and seven or eight miles south and we’re in Bolton territory. Hemmed in on all sides.

Football hotbed and history :-

Blackburn Rovers 10 (ten) major trophies 

Burnley  3 (three) ? major trophies

• Like 7

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Your club is where it is on pure merit SC there can be no argument much to our chagrin.

I am now going to gargle with Carbolic...spit,spit spit. ;)

They have done very well but ‘we’ let them have the grubby spot reserved for unfashionable northern clubs thanks to.... you know the rest.

• Like 2

I had the misfortune to read that old has been Allardyce giving Dyche advise on burnleys Euro campaign, saying they can't cope on 2 fronts and they should concentrate on the league and forget Europe.

What a w****r, no surprise he's unemployed and never won owt.

Ive no time for any of them of course, but his 'b0ll0x to fans' attitude still grinds my gears.

Ps - I hope the taxi full of dingles that make it to Greece get the squirts. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I had the misfortune to read that old has been Allardyce giving Dyche advise on burnleys Euro campaign, saying they can't cope on 2 fronts and they should concentrate on the league and forget Europe.

What a w****r, no surprise he's unemployed and never won owt.

Ive no time for any of them of course, but his 'b0ll0x to fans' attitude still grinds my gears.

Ps - I hope the taxi full of dingles that make it to Greece get the squirts. 

Looks like Dyche took his advice , currently 3-1 down

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Looks like Dyche took his advice , currently 3-1 down

Will be interesting to see how Dyche goes about the 2nd leg , I think they play Man u a couple of days after it !

Dyche is no fool , he knows he can't play on 2 fronts , needs something at Fulham this weekend ....

• Backroom

One Burnley fan stabbed in Athens but sounds like he’s ok; another few badly beaten and twenty odd arrested for drunken behaviour and refusing to get on a bus 

32 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

What's the opinion on if Burnley have qualified for Europe?

Yes they have qualified for the qualifying rounds, but is that classed as qualifying for Europe? 

Depends, do you count Rovers Intertoto Cup ‘success’ in 2007 as winning a European competition?

• Like 1