BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We left Blackburn when I was 5 so I've spent most of my life surrounded by gobby plastic Red Rats. I'd always prefer Rovers to beat Utd rather than beat Burnley. It shuts them up for a day or two and obviously beating Utd has always meant more in terms of an achievement because for almost all my life Utd have been a much superior team than the Dingles.

I suppose if we'd have stayed in Blackburn I may have felt differently.

The longer they stay in this cup the more difficult they'll find playing in the Premier League.

If they lose on Sunday that would be good. If they win Mourinho will be a lot nearer the door. That's also good so really it's a win win situation.

I thought I'd wrote that, exactly how I feel. I hate united on vinjay levels. It came naturally. I learned to hate burnley equally but I've never met an actual Burnley fan to talk to. I'm surrounded by red armchair glory hunting smug arseholes and there slight demise has been very enjoyable. Sadly it coincided with ours as I get reminded of every day. 

Edited by Oldgregg86

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Snap. I can't bring myself to do it. 

I don't even think I own any claret or similarly coloured clothing, yes I am that pathetic!

I took my daughter watching rovers and Chelsea at leyland. She's four. She wouldn't sit on a red seat and made me find two white ones together. Her teacher pulled me in because she wouldn't even use red crayons in nursery ?

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I bought myself a really nice " Fred Perry " track suit top a while ago. A really classy item. The main part is cream but the sleeves and top contain claret and blue. The first time I wore it my son said - " What are you doing wearing that ! " . I said " It's only a jacket ". He said " Yeah but look at the colour, don't wear that again if you're out with me ". 

So it's in my wardrobe out in Spain now and I only wear it out of season. Trouble is out of season in Spain it gets mad hot so really it was a waste of money.

You’ve brought your son up well, Tyrone. You should be very proud!

I see that Dyche has named a heavily weakened team again, something that I cant get my head around at all.

I'd be absolutely furious if we got into Europe and played weakened teams, it defeats the purpose of getting into Europe in the first place. I understand the financial aspect of it, im not naive in that sense but the chance of Burnley going down, even accounting for a slow start, is fairly slim, and not dependant on a potential of 6 additional games in the group stage. 

And its an example that a manager with even more credit in the bank at his club in terms of the fantastic job hes done than Mowbray, is not beyond reproach in terms of constructive criticism.

And I also appreciate that I may end with egg on my face and they may win but to see it as such a second priority as they clearly do is disrespectful, aswell as a clear disregard to a potentially once in a lifetime opportunity.

They obviously cant play 11 players throughout the season, but its clear that its 1st team in the League, 2nd team in Europe.

For clubs that arent in the top 6, the best memories can be good cup runs/potential trophies (I was very pro Wigan going for that FA Cup a few years ago despite battling relegation, no doubt the best memory in their fans life) and rare forays into Europe, Burnley fans couldnt dream of trips to Istanbul and Athens in competitive games a few years ago.

• Like 1

Championship level at best.

The finishing even worse.

Thats what you get when you set up a club just to scab nil-nils and one-nils for 3+ years I suppose.

Defence is shite too

Edited by S8 & Blue

Shame they can now focus on the league having not qualified for Europe this season but I’ll take them getting beat every day of the week.

Imagine undermining everything they did last season, to give themselves a chance to qualify, in one night. In the end they were lucky to get Aberdeen in the the pre- pre- qualifier to make it look almost respectable.

Just now, Stuart said:

Shame they can now focus on the league having not qualified for Europe this season but I’ll take them getting beat every day of the week.

Imagine undermining everything they did last season, to give themselves a chance to qualify, in one night. In the end they were lucky to get Aberdeen in the the pre- pre- qualifier to make it look almost respectable.

My soul would not have been able to cope with the Inbreds enjoying European glory but that is a fair point. They, like others before them, have suffered poor post Europa League results. Hopefully their dreadful start of the season will continue in the wake of a moral sapping dumping out of the Europa League. 

• Like 2