BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Stop lying.

Who's lying? I got a trip to Aberdeen which was actually great fun and their fans were awesome, home and away - great banter in the pubs around Burnley when they came down too. And Istanbul was an amazing place to visit.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

At least ye got a trip up north 

Aye indeed I did - and (as you'll see above) loved it - proper football team and ground Aberdeen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Who's lying? I got a trip to Aberdeen which was actually great fun and their fans were awesome, home and away - great banter in the pubs around Burnley when they came down too. And Istanbul was an amazing place to visit.

Aye indeed I did - and (as you'll see above) loved it - proper football team and ground Aberdeen.

It was more the back to the day job part you lied about

But now you mention it your day out in Aberdeen is hardly a European jaunt.

Bet you lot were happy about the trip to Turkey though. The Suicide Squad will be kitted out in fake Lacoste and CP Company polos for generations to come. :lol:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnleys.

Dack might get into their team but Ashley Barnes is a very clever player, Vokes started over Wood which for me was the wrong decision but the latter would walk into our team.

Brady when fit and Gudmundsson are wide men with excellent deliveries that again would get into our team with comfort.

That said, as touched on, their issue this season has being defensive fragilities not seen last season.

Dyche does ultimately get more out of them than the sum of their parts. I did criticise him for not taking the Europa League seriously and I stand by that, as Chris Sutton said last night, when will they get that chance again. Saying all that they do have some decent attacking players, albeit nothing special, they are certainly a step up from our squad sadly at the moment.

We've improved and they've stood still. There is still a gap though. I'd want a one goal start now, last season I wanted two.

Having said that they could only beat the worst Rovers Team I've seen in my life time 2-0 last season with the best team they've had in almost 50 years.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We've improved and they've stood still. There is still a gap though. I'd want a one goal start now, last season I wanted two.

Having said that they could only beat the worst Rovers Team I've seen in my life time 2-0 last season with the best team they've had in almost 50 years.

Lol - how many years is it now ...

29 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It was more the back to the day job part you lied about

But now you mention it your day out in Aberdeen is hardly a European jaunt.

Bet you lot were happy about the trip to Turkey though. The Suicide Squad will be kitted out in fake Lacoste and CP Company polos for generations to come. :lol:

As in I don't have one you mean? Work hard and pay my taxes my friend.

Yeah lots of fakes available in the grand bazaar lol.

• Like 1

If you can believe it loads of fans kept saying they wanted to go out as it might lead to our relegation - I just can't understand that mentality. I would swap relegation for an FA Cup, League Cup, Europa etc every day of the week. I can't imagine in 10 years I'll be reminiscing about the time we finished 14th in the Premier League.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lol - how many years is it now ...

I'm not the sort of saddo that bothers about stuff like that. I've been around football long enough to know that runs like that come to an end eventually. So I don't set myself up for a fall. We'll win the Derby again one day, that's how football works. When we were bumping around the lower levels of the leagues many years ago I never dreamt we'd ever win at Old Trafford ever again - but we did. Twice.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

On 29/08/2018 at 19:51, OnePhilT said:

Think this match against United is going to be huge for Burnlah. Big teams seem to hate going t'Toff, so the result could be a good indication of the sort of season they'll have; win or draw, and Dyche might just have his team set right for the season; lose, and I think it's a full-on battle against relegation.

Would be interested to get views from @sympatheticclaret and @longsiders1882 - I may be well wide of the mark!

Seeing as you asked, the International break can't come quickly enough as far as I'm concerned .... get the injured players 10 days nearer being fit, reset the season and go again .... Man Utd is a shot for nothing, as far as I'm concerned. I'm relaxed for the moment about this season, as I think Cardiff, Huddersfield and one other will fill the relegation spots.. just hope we're not the " one other " !! 

Very encouraging start from your lot, and turning down £5m+ for Dack shows at least some intent... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Did Dyche field what you'd class as a weakened team last night?

The team was more than capable of winning, bearing in mind we have a game a few days later I thought his selection was ok to be honest.

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not the sort of saddo that bothers about stuff like that. I've been around football long enough to know that runs like that come to an end eventually. So I don't set myself up for a fall. We'll win the Derby again one day, that's how football works. When we were bumping around the lower levels of the leagues many years ago I never dreamt we'd ever win at Old Trafford ever again - but we did. Twice.

I know, it’s just a bit of fun and if you got us in the cup this year you’d probably win!

3 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

My wife's school has a claret uniform, and as head teacher she can change it, but refuses.  Should I leave her?

I would if the situation was reversed ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

The team was more than capable of winning, bearing in mind we have a game a few days later I thought his selection was ok to be honest.

I know, it’s just a bit of fun and if you got us in the cup this year you’d probably win!

I would if the situation was reversed ?

No, we're not back on anything like equal terms yet, having said than anything can happen in a Cup game. We seem to be moving in an upward trajectory at the moment after plumbing the depths at the start of last season. As long as the Chicken Chokers are running the show nobody can be confident for longer than 24 hours. I think a few of our recent deals were slipped past them whilst they were jumping up and down watching the cricket.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just refreshed my memory and it is now 2 wins in 19 games for this lot. You won't read that in the Telegraph.

Didn't get the impression that they were playing all that well when they started picking up points a few weeks ago. Not had any easy games since, but looking at what's in front of them, they have a very big month or so:

West Ham (a)

Leicester (a)

Newcastle (h)

Crystal Palace (a)

Before a pretty horrible looking December including Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton & Spurs. 

22 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Didn't get the impression that they were playing all that well when they started picking up points a few weeks ago. Not had any easy games since, but looking at what's in front of them, they have a very big month or so:

West Ham (a)

Leicester (a)

Newcastle (h)

Crystal Palace (a)

Before a pretty horrible looking December including Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton & Spurs. 

That win against Bournemouth sticks out like a sore thumb. Other than that results and performances going back to last season have been abysmal, and that includes the win over Cardiff. Typical of Bournemouth though who are putting better sides than Burnley to the sword but had a rare off day when they came up here.

Other problem is that Huddersfield, Cardiff, Newcastle and Fulham have something like 2 wins in 40 games between them this season which is so bad it's almost funny, yet the beneficiaries of their woeful results are Burnley sat in 15th with only 8 points.

I hope at the very least Newcastle and Fulham change managers shortly and get a shot in the arm and start to climb. Benitez gives me the impression he's going through the motions ahead of departure next summer.