BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

• Moderation Lead

There are some shocking teams at the bottom that are going down with barely a whimper though, so whilst they probably are getting beaten quite a lot, there are worse teams than them. 

The Fulham one is interesting. Personally I don't agree with sacking managers who win promotion after a few games in the league above. I think it's massively counter productive. Of course there are examples of times when it worked out, but it seems stupid to me to sack a manager who knows the club and who less than 6 months ago ,was doing enough to win promotion. Even if they do go down, he is generally the best man for the job in my opinion.  Worked for the dingles. 

Anyway onto the Dingles. They are most definitely in a relegation battle. They will probably do just enough to stay up looking at some of the dross below them currently. Gonna be some sweaty 6 fingered palms though 

• Like 1

The PL is rubbish as a spectacle.

A self-licking lollipop. It’s a cesspool of crap hair-cuts and wireless-headphones, agent-fed, Pogba-shuffling, self-absorbed, trophy-WAG-adorned, men-children, whoring themselves out at unfashionable foreign-owned Championship-standard clubs, with re-designed badges and fluorescent away shirts, with over-priced, over-engineered, over-marketed, under-protected, corporate-whore-donor boots, in front of soulless, sterile, alcohol-less, prawn-smelling, over-stewarded, company-logo-emblazoned, plastic-bag-hot-dog-stained-rubbish-strewn stadia, (half) filled with plastic, air-sapping, £60-third-kit-wearing, plastic, plastecons who only turn up for 6-games-a-season innit, and the other half, mouth-breathing, barechested, knuckle-dragging, died-in-the-wool-die-hard-deadbeats from deadville who complain that football ain’t like it used to be.

And don’t get me started about Bumley.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

A self-licking lollipop. It’s a cesspool of crap hair-cuts and wireless-headphones, agent-fed, Pogba-shuffling, self-absorbed, trophy-WAG-adorned, men-children, whoring themselves out at unfashionable foreign-owned Championship-standard clubs, with re-designed badges and fluorescent away shirts, with over-priced, over-engineered, over-marketed, under-protected, corporate-whore-donor boots, in front of soulless, sterile, alcohol-less, prawn-smelling, over-stewarded, company-logo-emblazoned, plastic-bag-hot-dog-stained-rubbish-strewn stadia, (half) filled with plastic, air-sapping, £60-third-kit-wearing, plastic, plastecons who only turn up for 6-games-a-season innit, and the other half, mouth-breathing, barechested, knuckle-dragging, died-in-the-wool-die-hard-deadbeats from deadville who complain that football ain’t like it used to be.

Don't sit on the fence, tell us how you feel about it.

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

But apart from that it's great.

I am a fan of football. I enjoy the premier league. I don't get wrapped up what happens off the pitch. 

I can separate the two, but it is anything but a spectacle outside the top 6. Half the league hanging on for dear life year after year.

Those 6 are now that strong that even the cups offer few surprises either. There’ll be a Chelsea V Arsenal or a Liverpool v Man City final over and over.

Now they have good players so you might not be arsed about seeing them on repeat, but as someone who loves the heritage of the game in this country I find it very sad.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stuart said:

Great post.

Surprised you missed out the cringe worthy handshakes, branded celebrations and souless tourism

Edited by Oldgregg86

13 hours ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I must be alone is desperately wishing we were in Burnley's place.

Desperate , Why ?

Natural order will be resumed in time meanwhile let's enjoy them getting spanked every week and laugh at their knuckledragging super fans paying 35/40 quid for the privilege.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

For all of the opposite reasons, that's why I enjoyed League One so much.  

You can't beat team spirit and passion!

The Premier League and Championship are polar opposites. In the Premier League it is all about the money and those with it usually end up at the top end. The 'big 6' are miles ahead on revenues, crowds and expenditure and they're pulling away more and more from the rest. The result is a boring league where the other 14 are making up the numbers knowing they won't go any higher than 7th and desperate to avoid relegation. We've only to look at results and points returns this season to see how wide the gulf is. Not only that but the Premier League has been filled up with generally smaller, less well supported and less fashionable clubs. The reason being that historically the city clubs with bigger gates would rise to the top whereas now numbers through the turnstiles is almost an irrelevance compared to owner investment and financing. 

Meanwhile in the Championship the opposite. Excitement and unpredictability, where often the richest clubs don't get anywhere. The league is full of big name clubs that Sky would love to be in the Premier League but the penny hasn't dropped with most that historical successes and crowds are increasingly irrelevant in this day and age and being big and successful in the 70s or 80s whilst good to remember means nothing compared to Bournemouth or Watford who have their houses in order.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The Premier League and Championship are polar opposites. In the Premier League it is all about the money and those with it usually end up at the top end. The 'big 6' are miles ahead on revenues, crowds and expenditure and they're pulling away more and more from the rest. The result is a boring league where the other 14 are making up the numbers knowing they won't go any higher than 7th and desperate to avoid relegation. We've only to look at results and points returns this season to see how wide the gulf is. Not only that but the Premier League has been filled up with generally smaller, less well supported and less fashionable clubs. The reason being that historically the city clubs with bigger gates would rise to the top whereas now numbers through the turnstiles is almost an irrelevance compared to owner investment and financing. 

Meanwhile in the Championship the opposite. Excitement and unpredictability, where often the richest clubs don't get anywhere. The league is full of big name clubs that Sky would love to be in the Premier League but the penny hasn't dropped with most that historical successes and crowds are increasingly irrelevant in this day and age and being big and successful in the 70s or 80s whilst good to remember means nothing compared to Bournemouth or Watford who have their houses in order.

It’s a good point. I’ve said before that the bottom 12-13 in the PL and the top 12-13 in the Championship are virtually interchangeable.

The difference is that those in the PL are desperate to avoid the drop and play accordingly and those in the Championship are desperate to get into the play-offs.

It makes teams play differently and clubs operate differently. Negative energy vs positive energy.

For clubs, the PL is all about the money, the Championship is about getting to the PL.

For fans, the football is all that really matters.

Have to echo a lot of what is said. I don't know if I will enjoy a season as much as last year for a long time. Unless this season continues to go well :) 

I am sick of listening to Man u fan fans complaining that Mourinho isn't allowed make more signings so he can compete with City. They are a horrible soulless club now.The only saving grace of the Premier league is that Klopp and Guardiola manage there. You take then 2 of them out and that is one seriously dull league. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Meanwhile the dingles return 1000 tickets for an upcoming away match.  There's me being told they sell out everywhere every season in the Prem.

Can't be the novelty wearing off can it ?

Where's that from? Need to save it for my dossier of evidence.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Whilst having those banjo strumming ****s laud it over us in recent years has been truly horrible, a positive aspect has been the exposure of the myth of their support.

They'd need another 20yrs in the top flight, regular European football and a cup or 2 before they can consider lauding it over us dgs.

• Like 1