BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I wonder how long before Big Sam gets the call to do his usual job of saving a club from relegation - surely the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield and Fulham must be searching for his number, perhaps the Clarets too.

I think only Fulham will be bothered if they get relegated ...Other 3 seem to be expecting it sometime soon .Don't discount Newcastle ,Palace and Southampton  out of the battle ....Will Dyche jump ship ?  But I cannot see Cardiff or Huddersfield staying up .

14 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I think only Fulham will be bothered if they get relegated ...Other 3 seem to be expecting it sometime soon .Don't discount Newcastle ,Palace and Southampton  out of the battle ....Will Dyche jump ship ?  But I cannot see Cardiff or Huddersfield staying up .

Want Southampton to stay up for one reason only - enhancing our chances of signing up Reed permanently.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Very true. I would imagine we will try and sign him in January. What are we talking here I wonder, £4-5 million or even more? 

Sounds crazy really but probably not far off in todays market but would probably be structured over a few years rather than up front. Is right on the fringes of the Southampton squad in a similar way to Travis is here I guess and has impressed in the Championship for the last two seasons now. Honestly cannot remember a bad game from the lad.

As a regular reader of other fans forums as well, other than Dack, he is the player most say they really like the look of and would have him in their team. Leeds and WBA fans most recently have rated him having played against us. If fans are taking notice, you can only imagine other clubs will be too. If we only did one bit of business in January I would hope it would be to secure him, though a CB would be quite nice too.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

So, Burnley have some apathetic fans that come to the fore when the team is on a downer. That must be totally a Burnley thing, and nothing any of our fans would ever resort to.

Pathetic not apathetic but otherwise correct. 

From today’s Times:

Burnley’s attempts to appoint a technical director to support manager Sean Dyche are being hampered by the reluctance of several candidates to spend much time in the town.

The club want the new appointment to spend three days a week working between Turf Moor and their Gawthorpe Hall training ground but several candidates have indicated that they would prefer just two days a week in Burnley, plus match days.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

From today’s Times:

Burnley’s attempts to appoint a technical director to support manager Sean Dyche are being hampered by the reluctance of several candidates to spend much time in the town.

The club want the new appointment to spend three days a week working between Turf Moor and their Gawthorpe Hall training ground but several candidates have indicated that they would prefer just two days a week in Burnley, plus match days.

Why do Burnley want a technical director ???? 

Can see this causing problems with Dyche ...What does the job entail ?

Edited by Waggy76

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

From today’s Times:

Two days in Burnley is a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Heard the Dyche interview on Radio Lancs in the car.

Interviewer asked about the fans and he said something like:

’Well the 11,000 core fans we have will stick with us’

True of course, but a good dig at you own support all the same!

:lol: they haven’t got 11,000 core fans!

• Like 1

Not sure the Burnley hierarchy will be sacking Dyche , relegation will not be the end of the world....

Dyches stock is falling rapidly and the chances of him repeating his miracle working again, in the EFL one next season are receding weekly ....

January will be an interesting month ..

Not many of their players will be on PREM shopping lists if any !

There in lies the problem , Championship players the vast majority !!