BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

50 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Not sure the Burnley hierarchy will be sacking Dyche , relegation will not be the end of the world....

Dyches stock is falling rapidly and the chances of him repeating his miracle working again, in the EFL one next season are receding weekly ....

January will be an interesting month ..

Not many of their players will be on PREM shopping lists if any !

There in lies the problem , Championship players the vast majority !!

Even with their incredible revenue, they still couldn’t keep up this summer, losing many of their targets to championship clubs paying better wages.

Ive always thought it was a bit of a lack of ambition from the ownership but then they have managed to upgrade the club, facilities and stadium - something our famous benefactor did before it would cost 100m+ to catch-up!

Its embarrassing to see the stadium still partially empty after the last few years though. 

Finally - the job he’s done in 6 years, the idea of him being removed shouldn’t be even considered. Those fans in support of that must have short memories. If they are relegated, Dyche almost guarantees an immediate return too. Not many other managers do that.

Trouble is - they’ve delusions of grandeur now the fans. They think Europe, top half and more Steven Defours are the norm!

Saw a thread on their forum saying they should buy Roofe from their ‘feeder club Leeds’

Why on earth would Roofe do that to his career with the clubs hurtling in different directions? Their time in the sun is coming to an end and I’m not sure some of them have noticed...

Edited by Mattyblue

29 minutes ago, Biz said:

Even with their incredible revenue, they still couldn’t keep up this summer, losing many of their targets to championship clubs paying better wages.

Ive always thought it was a bit of a lack of ambition from the ownership but then they have managed to upgrade the club, facilities and stadium - something our famous benefactor did before it would cost 100m+ to catch-up!

Its embarrassing to see the stadium still partially empty after the last few years though. 

Finally - the job he’s done in 6 years, the idea of him being removed shouldn’t be even considered. Those fans in support of that must have short memories. If they are relegated, Dyche almost guarantees an immediate return too. Not many other managers do that.

Trouble is - they’ve delusions of grandeur now the fans. They think Europe, top half and more Steven Defours are the norm!

I am not so sure about an immediate return , football moves on , I could see Dyche jumping ship if someone offers him a wayout .....

My mate is a Burnley fan and says 'warning signs were there at the end of last season' did nothing in summer at all except Hart , who was forced on them due to Pope injury..

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

I am not so sure about an immediate return , football moves on , I could see Dyche jumping ship if someone offers him a wayout .....

My mate is a Burnley fan and says 'warning signs were there at the end of last season' did nothing in summer at all except Hart , who was forced on them due to Pope injury..

Football indeed does move on and I think you’re probably correct that Dyche will move on too - I just think he knows how to get the most out of a certain type of player, thus will overachieve with the likes of Burnley.

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They stuck with him last time they went down, what is to suggest they wouldn't do the same this time? 

Because it’s Burnley. You should feel fortunate that you don’t live near to and have to deal with some of the delusional whoppers that follow that lot. Anyone that supports them and wants Dyche gone is off their head!

For clarification on this, look at the forum Jackanory very kindly linked in the post above this one. ?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Because it’s Burnley. You should feel fortunate that you don’t live near to and have to deal with some of the delusional whoppers that follow that lot. Anyone that supports them and wants Dyche gone is off their head!

For clarification on this, look at the forum Jackanory very kindly linked in the post above this one. ?

Delusional is the word. No, I don't know any Burnley fans to be honest. If I did and they were saying they wanted Dyche sacked I would agree and then laugh when they do it and the plummet begins. They have a team of lads who were vastly better then the sum of their parts last season. Can't see another manager doing better there. Imagine they appointed someone like Pardew, that would be comical. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

5 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Dyche signed a four and a half year contract worth £15.75m back in January. If they decided to can him in the next month or two, that would work out at something like £10m-£12m to pay him off, pro-rata.

Looking at it purely on a cost income basis, he has probably earned it .

Been there just over 6 years, 2 promotions, 3 years of Premiership money 1 year of premiership parachute money and roughly only 60* million loss on transfer dealings in that time,

and obviously having to spend a fair bit of time in Burnley, worth every penny he gets paid out should they pot him.

Edit  - *slightly more

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-burnley/alletransfers/verein/1132

Will be interesting to see if he can repeat what he has done there , elsewhere

Edited by perthblue02

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You would think they would have brought more in on transfers. We sold Duff, Bentley, Santa Cruz and Jones for big money at the time. I can't recall them selling anyone like that. I think that shows he is getting the most out of good and hard working albeit average pros 

Yes that does seem to be the case , quickly looking at the list 20+ million profit on Michael Keane is probably the only stand out .

Was a bit puzzled by his quote yesterday that they have "lost the eye of the tiger", easily solved took me 1 minute to find it on spotify, maybe I should apply for their technical director position :)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Yes that does seem to be the case , quickly looking at the list 20+ million profit on Michael Keane is probably the only stand out .

Was a bit puzzled by his quote yesterday that they have "lost the eye of the tiger", easily solved took me 1 minute to find it on spotify, maybe I should apply for their technical director position :)

The Survivor song lyrics appear to suit the Dingle model but the Dingle problems are much more basic at player recruitment level.

Dyche has found it increasing difficult to find players able to reverse their ears when taking the field of play who also have an eye-like spot on the back of the ear, "the eye of the tiger".

Most of the population of Burnley can quite easily reverse their ears but the 'spot' is disappearing over time.

This has meant Dyche has recruited mainly British players with a bloodline connection to Burnley who can also play a bit of football. He is fishing in a very small gene pool.

• Like 1

I had a conversation with a Burnley season ticket holding mate of mine.

He's well and truly fallen off the Dyche band wagon, less than 6 months after wanting to anoint him as being the second coming too. He says that Dyche has lost it, and as he's bought loads of dross shouldn't be allowed near the cheque book.

He also reckons that Joe Hart is to blame for their defensive woes. Heaton and Pope are organisers, he says Hart isn't.

On 02/12/2018 at 12:22, Mattyblue said:

Saw a thread on their forum saying they should buy Roofe from their ‘feeder club Leeds’

Why on earth would Roofe do that to his career with the clubs hurtling in different directions? Their time in the sun is coming to an end and I’m not sure some of them have noticed...

Leeds their feeder club lol. Over to you CP lad.