BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

On 05/12/2018 at 23:29, DeeCee said:

Didn't even know he'd got a boat!

Thanks..cant get the image out of my head now.. dyche and klopp in a canoe..dyche has an umbrella over his head whilst klopp is at the oars..

'C'mon dearie rowe faster'

'I am vowing as fast as i can, u svine'

Klopp stands up

'I vill show u what a bad tackle is'

Thumps the oar into dyche's goolies

• Moderation Lead

Have to admit, I think Klopp was being a little bitch (surprising, I know) about some of the challenges on Wednesday. He even admitted that one of the Burnley players had won the ball for god's sake! Either way, I'm glad they beat Burnley, so thanks for that, Jurgen!

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Have to admit, I think Klopp was being a little bitch (surprising, I know) about some of the challenges on Wednesday. He even admitted that one of the Burnley players had won the ball for god's sake! Either way, I'm glad they beat Burnley, so thanks for that, Jurgen!

It's annoying when the likes of Klopp moans about another teams tackling because a player gets hurt. The game is going sterile enough without him trying to get excellent tackles (as Mee's was) done away with. It wasn't the tackle which hurt him in my book, it Gomez clattering into the advertising hoardings. What will Klopp want then, no advertising around the pitch.

I don't like Dyche but the points he raises about cheating and lack of physicality are true.

• Like 1

Broken legs are pretty rare these days compared to the past when cracked bones were more commonplace.  Maybe the tackling technique of the players is better these days and is one reason for the decline but it's fair to say the liberal use of yellow and red cards has made the game less physical and less of a spectacle - not a good development in my view. 

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Broken legs are pretty rare these days compared to the past when cracked bones were more commonplace.  Maybe the tackling technique of the players is better these days and is one reason for the decline but it's fair to say the liberal use of yellow and red cards has made the game less physical and less of a spectacle - not a good development in my view. 

There's much less heavy tackling now JIm. In the old day a broken leg was quite a regular occurrence. Every team would have a victim during  the season. There were as many broken legs then as there are cruciate injuries today. I'm not a big fan of way referees have clamped down on physical play but they can take credit for the lack of broken leg style injuries. I broke my right leg twice and what really shook me was how easily it happens.

Generally I agree the game is going soft, but some of the tackling in the past was arguably a criminal offence. I saw a clip of George Best in a documentary a while back and he was assaulted at least 5 times in the build up to a goal. It would certainly be 5 red cards now if it happened. Maradona used to get worse in South America. Players like Dack got it really bad. It has gone too far when I see some of the cards dished out these days, but player safety is the most important thing at the end of the day. 

Klopp was going too far though. You can't start giving cards when the defender wins the ball from the front, with no studs showing. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...