BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sir Alex Ferguson

The man is most likely on his deathbed for @#/?s sake.

Didn’t get the ban ? so I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate that your writings are those of an odious, disgraceful, and horrible little man and to tell you that I think you should be ashamed at your own lack of perspective and empathy.

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

To save time will just copy/paste this from elsewhere. By the way the last post that criticised me to get so many likes was after I attacked Dave Whelan for supporting FUP. Something which Ferguson's club was instrumental in supporting and no doubt would have used to combat Jack had he won more league titles. Why should I forget about this? This club even got a transfer ban isn't that more damaging and worth being embittered about than some fans running on the pitch? Or Wigan's manager making disparaging remarks (Whelan notably hasn't told him to stop) about Rovers. If it wasn't because of who he used to play for nobody would care. If I kept bringing up Cook people would be moaning.

When Dalglish managed this club he wasn't ranked below Ferguson in the list of top managers. More on a par at least certainly by 1994 when Ferguson won his 2nd title with Rovers and Dalglish the closest challenger. Abbey your signature pushes the boundaries of good taste though can see your point because it's Venkys. You pride yourself on not being a hypocrite (which in your case I believe it unlike some Rovers fans) but I'm not wishing Ferguson dead, ill, etc. In a strange way it wouldn't be the same without him but can't help thinking back to 2011 especially and the way he was looking up at the JW. Maybe I'm being paranoid but is it really a stretch to believe he was enjoying getting one over on Jack? 16 years to the day to Rovers title win as well don't tell me he wasn't thinking about it.

He made insulting remarks about Rovers. This is a guy who managed a town club in Aberdeen yet he never regarded them as inferior to Celtic/Rangers and unworthy of challenging them. Scottish football of course was slightly more competitive then (and Aberdeen beat Real Madrid in a final for goodness sake) but they didn't have the finances that Rovers had. The way he spoke of this club after Jack refused to sell Shearer to them (practically harassed Rovers that whole summer) was beyond disrespectful and a complete insult to everything Jack did. Don't rewrite history Yoda with this "soft spot" thing it's rubbish. As I've said he's made positive remarks about City, Liverpool, etc from time to time. He was patronising Wenger recently as well and that's what he does once people are no longer threats to him.

OK Jack outright said he was going to make "Man United look cheap". That's not a mythical quote it's accredited to the journalist Ian Ridley who heard it face to face. Maybe that was a bit of provocation (what with Liverpool having been dominant for so long and perhaps he didn't want to offend Dalglish assuming it was after his appointment) but if Jack didn't like someone he had damn good reason. Unlike Ferguson who's bullied countless people, issued bans, etc. 

Anyway I'm having a break from posting for the rest of the month so there's little point responding to something (this specific post at least if not the thread) I won't see for weeks.

Whatever your feelings on Ferguson, the guy is in hospital seriously ill. It shows a distinct lack of class not to respect that. For goodness’ sake, put a sock in it.

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

To save time will just copy/paste this from elsewhere. By the way the last post that criticised me to get so many likes was after I attacked Dave Whelan for supporting FUP. Something which Ferguson's club was instrumental in supporting and no doubt would have used to combat Jack had he won more league titles. Why should I forget about this? This club even got a transfer ban isn't that more damaging and worth being embittered about than some fans running on the pitch? Or Wigan's manager making disparaging remarks (Whelan notably hasn't told him to stop) about Rovers. If it wasn't because of who he used to play for nobody would care. If I kept bringing up Cook people would be moaning.

When Dalglish managed this club he wasn't ranked below Ferguson in the list of top managers. More on a par at least certainly by 1994 when Ferguson won his 2nd title with Rovers and Dalglish the closest challenger. Abbey your signature pushes the boundaries of good taste though can see your point because it's Venkys. You pride yourself on not being a hypocrite (which in your case I believe it unlike some Rovers fans) but I'm not wishing Ferguson dead, ill, etc. In a strange way it wouldn't be the same without him but can't help thinking back to 2011 especially and the way he was looking up at the JW. Maybe I'm being paranoid but is it really a stretch to believe he was enjoying getting one over on Jack? 16 years to the day to Rovers title win as well don't tell me he wasn't thinking about it.

He made insulting remarks about Rovers. This is a guy who managed a town club in Aberdeen yet he never regarded them as inferior to Celtic/Rangers and unworthy of challenging them. Scottish football of course was slightly more competitive then (and Aberdeen beat Real Madrid in a final for goodness sake) but they didn't have the finances that Rovers had. The way he spoke of this club after Jack refused to sell Shearer to them (practically harassed Rovers that whole summer) was beyond disrespectful and a complete insult to everything Jack did. Don't rewrite history Yoda with this "soft spot" thing it's rubbish. As I've said he's made positive remarks about City, Liverpool, etc from time to time. He was patronising Wenger recently as well and that's what he does once people are no longer threats to him.

OK Jack outright said he was going to make "Man United look cheap". That's not a mythical quote it's accredited to the journalist Ian Ridley who heard it face to face. Maybe that was a bit of provocation (what with Liverpool having been dominant for so long and perhaps he didn't want to offend Dalglish assuming it was after his appointment) but if Jack didn't like someone he had damn good reason. Unlike Ferguson who's bullied countless people, issued bans, etc. 

Anyway I'm having a break from posting for the rest of the month so there's little point responding to something (this specific post at least if not the thread) I won't see for weeks.

He's just nearly been killed (and still could be) by bleeding on the brain you absolute plank.

Time. And. Place.

Whilst I never liked the guy from his unsporting football persona and public tantrums I hope he pulls through.

As far as football goes the man will be a legend who may never be surpassed. He doesn't deserve what is happening to him.

Archived